OH - 9 killed + Gunman, 16 injured, Mass Shooting, Oregon District, Dayton, 4 Aug 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Latest: Shooter known at bar as friendly trivia player

The man who gunned down nine people in Dayton, Ohio, was known at a local bar as an ever-friendly, happy guy who sometimes came in for a beer or two and was never a troublemaker.

Fellow customer Mike Kern says he sometimes played trivia with the slain shooter, 24-year-old Connor Betts, at Romer's Bar & Grill in Bellbrook, Betts' hometown southeast of Dayton. Kern says Betts often knew answers about current events and pop culture and never discussed violence.

Kern describes Betts as "the nicest kid you could imagine."

Clearly never saw his hate filled Twitter

So, he killed his sister, someone he knew (the companion), and then shot up a bar where people like him.

Why!?!

jmo

Sister is dead.
Friend is not dead.

Totally different bar.
He had been to a bar down the street from the one he shot up. But he didn't shoot up that one OR the one mentioned in this article.

So, he killed his sister, someone he knew (the companion), and then shot up a bar where people like him.

Why!?!

jmo

That question is why I'm still hanging around this thread.
I normally don't spend too much time on the mass shooting threads, as I find them too depressing and mindless and clearly driven by hate. But this case is one where I really want to understand the motive!

The Acacia Strain song lyrics are quite disturbing, and may hint at the immediate trigger for this mass murder.
The Acacia Strain - Ramirez lyrics

What do YOU think the relevance of these disturbing lyrics are? You have great insight and I hope you will share it with us.

Those lyrics are truly disturbing. Are they well known? If so, with which crowds?
(Sorry, I'm an old fogey.)

I don't think he came back to target his sister specifically.

If he wanted to murder just his sister, and his companion he easily could have only done that.

Imoo
I am 75% certain that he wanted to kill his sister, the male companion, and their friends at the bar.

One of his last tweets has a bizarre rant about whites, but most patrons were dark skinned, including 6 of 9 victims, and majority of the injured.

What do YOU think the relevance of these disturbing lyrics are? You have great insight and I hope you will share it with us.

Those lyrics are truly disturbing. Are they well known? If so, with which crowds?
(Sorry, I'm an old fogey.)
I am 53, and went through a Metalica phase. Of course song lyrics do not trigger murders, but CB deliberately purchased and wore that Acacia Strain hoodie.

The male companion and friends of the sister will be able to confirm my hunch that CB may have tried to control the sister's personal life.

When she was working in Montana, she never talked about her brother.

Listening to the shooter's gunshots on the video presented at the press conference, the rate of fire sounds closer to what you might expect from an automatic, compared to a semi-automatic. LE did mention there was a "modification" to the firearm. I wonder if he was using a bump-stock? IMO
The police chief did state that when rapid fire happened it was when the 6 police officers were shooting at the shooter as well. So that may be why. They said there was only shooting for 30 seconds. I think thats why in the beginning its more "regular" spread out fire, and then when it is rapid fire it is because there are 7 guns shooting.

However they did say his gun was modified so there is really no telling.

Just relistened to a surveillance video they played in the presser today that was from a shop nearby. Gun shots lasted for 33 seconds. In the first 20 seconds it was definitely a semiauto type weapon and was one bullet per trigger pull. The last 12 seconds was rapid fire. But this is most definitely our little loser getting blasted by 6 officers. This makes it sound a lot less awful than when I heard it the first time. So I would be very surprised if his weapon was modified to be automatic.

Last edited:
Maybe the guns and body armor were in the trunk, unbeknownst to his sister. Later, he backtracks to the car and arms up, waits for her to return, kills her and her boyfriend/companion, and then starts shooting his way towards the bar. I listened to the audio and the shots at first were more spread out (maybe more careful aiming at sister and boyfriend/companion) and then they really starting coming in a sped up, automatic weapon way... :(
I think this is the case. I think the friend and his sister had no idea. Surely they did not if they are regular people, which we have no reason to think not, especially since she lost her life and friend is wounded. It would be helpful to know what time they got to area and how long it took until the shooting happened and what happened in between. But I would think he had these weapons in his car and came back for them.

The Latest: Shooter known at bar as friendly trivia player

The man who gunned down nine people in Dayton, Ohio, was known at a local bar as an ever-friendly, happy guy who sometimes came in for a beer or two and was never a troublemaker.

Fellow customer Mike Kern says he sometimes played trivia with the slain shooter, 24-year-old Connor Betts, at Romer's Bar & Grill in Bellbrook, Betts' hometown southeast of Dayton. Kern says Betts often knew answers about current events and pop culture and never discussed violence.

Kern describes Betts as "the nicest kid you could imagine."
what the actual f. SO strange

Hundreds gather in Oregon District to honor mass shooting victims

I'm impressed by the Dayton mayor. She probably hasn't slept since night before last and has had to be front and center in the media.
Stay strong Dayton!

Ohio Governor being shouted down, with "do something" chant.
Mayor trying to bring people back to the reason for the vigil. "There will be lots of time for action later." Well done.

EBKZR36XkAAhFlK

Allen Henry on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members