Found Alive OH - A. C., 14, Barberton, 4 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Since he stole license plates to put on the vehicle he had (surprisingly stealing license plates in Ohio is not uncommon - caught someone doing it to my car) he is very likely to steal license plates in whatever state(s) they travel through. US Marshals and LE should have an alert out to LE to pass on any reports of stolen license plates.

Does anyone have a line on A.' father? Is he in the picture at all?

Oh no. Mom changed her story :( video at link http://nbc4i.com/2017/12/11/police-still-searching-for-missing-pregnant-14-year-old-ohio-girl/

ETA I don't understand why she would lie about what happened. It sounds like Mom isn't telling them everything IMO.

This is not good. Maybe he didn't just take her daughter, maybe she married her off to him since he said he got married in October. Now Mom is losing all credibility and her daughter is in deep and needs her help to be found.

Why did she lie? Why did she need to lie. What is she hiding? Is this second story the truth?

So did they take off on foot from the gas station? She didn't say he stole her car, just that they left while she was in the store. Now I don't know what to think.

This is not good. Maybe he didn't just take her daughter, maybe she married her off to him since he said he got married in October. Now Mom is losing all credibility and her daughter is in deep and needs her help to be found.

Why did she lie? Why did she need to lie. What is she hiding? Is this second story the truth?

So did they take off on foot from the gas station? She didn't say he stole her car, just that they left while she was in the store. Now I don't know what to think.
Mom is definitely hiding something. She may still be holding back from police. As for whatever happened at the Sheetz, it will all be on security video footage.

Another article on reward-

Feds offer reward in connection to missing Barberton girl

Federal marshals are offering a reward in hopes of locating a missing 14-year-old Barberton girl and a man they believe is responsible for her disappearance.

A. C. was reported missing to Akron police on Dec. 4 by her mother. It's believed A. is with Louis Jakab, 33, who is the girl's cousin, U.S. marshals say in a news release.

Jakab already is wanted on by federal marshals on felony warrants of interference with custody, robbery, theft, fraud, passing bad checks, and receiving stolen property. He also is wanted on a parole violation.

Jakab has a prior conviction for manslaughter.

A. and Jakab were last seen in a 2017 black Audi A3 with an Ohio license plate of HED 3844. The plates were reported stolen from a vehicle in Cleveland, marshals say.

It's believed they have left the state.

https://articles.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2017/12/feds_offer_reward_in_connectio.amp

What? Something very strange with Mom changing the story. My brain goes to all kinds of reasons why. Not good at all.

Also the news reported that A. and Jakab ran away together in Sept and didn't return until Thanksgiving, but other sources are saying he was released from prison at the end of October. Stories are just not adding up.

Mom seems a little too calm in that one video. Oh where is A.?

(Also I kind of doubt that A. is autistic and needs medication.)

I can't watch a video right now....can someone summarize the changes to the story? TIA!

A. and her mother met up with Jakab at a gas station / Sheetz store. Mother went in the store to get drinks / snacks and Jakab and A. took off.

A. and her mother met up with Jakab at a gas station / Sheetz store. Mother went in the store to get drinks / snacks and Jakab and A. took off.

And according to the cop, they still don't know the reason for that meeting. I'm curious if Mom voluntarily told the new story or if a witness came forward and Mom had to admit it.

I'm sure LE is looking into any video from that Sheetz store.

So A. didn’t start hitting her mother in the car, causing her to pull over. Jakab didn’t pull in behind her and that isn’t where A. got into his car. Good job, Mom. Even if the meeting wasn’t planned, you lied.

Perhaps the mom wanted to go with the hitting, pulling over story then realized that LE found video of the three of them at the Sheetz store?

Why did she change her story, just one day we woke up and another story was printed in the press?

Not having watched the video, I have a question about the changing story. Is it really changed? Couldn't have A. been yelling at her mom in the car AND they had a planned meeting with Jakab. Perhaps they planned to meet with Jakab to talk about the pregnancy (I'm assuming that would be the topic) - mom went to get snacks to sort of diffuse any tensions....and the pair took off?

Maybe I'm missing a chunk of deception on the part of the mom, but it seems like the two stories could jibe.

Set me straight if I'm wrong!

jmo

Not having watched the video, I have a question about the changing story. Is it really changed? Couldn't have A. been yelling at her mom in the car AND they had a planned meeting with Jakab. Perhaps they planned to meet with Jakab to talk about the pregnancy (I'm assuming that would be the topic) - mom went to get snacks to sort of diffuse any tensions....and the pair took off?

Maybe I'm missing a chunk of deception on the part of the mom, but it seems like the two stories could jibe.

jmo

I just watched the video (it wouldn’t play for me earlier). Mom now says that she and A. drove to Strongsville, picked up Jakob and drove to the gas station. When Mom went in to get snacks, they took off. The part that is deception is that she originally said Jakob pulled in behind her when she pulled over and A. got out and went off in his car. No mention of a gas station and snacks. No mention of picking up Jakob. It sounded like it happened along a road originally and Mom didn’t participate in meeting up with Jakob.

jmo
It could well have been a meeting about the pregnancy as you say, but giving the wrong location means LE probably wouldn't have security camera / witness evidence from the gas station at first. We've gone from an unkown model audi to an A3 and a license plate. I think this info would have been helpful earlier.

I'm not saying it was anything sinister by the mother, maybe she just wasn't thinking straight.

jmo

Mom's first story was AC started hitting her in the car and she pulled off to the side of the road, then he pulled up behind them and AC jumped in his car. Now she says they went to the gas station/store and they took off when she went in to get refreshments. Maybe she didn't lie but IMO she sure left out a lot of important information, especially if she wanted her daughter found and brought home safely.

Mom's first story was AC started hitting her in the car and she pulled off to the side of the road, then he pulled up behind them and AC jumped in his car. Now she says they went to the gas station/store and they took off when she went in to get refreshments. Maybe she didn't lie but IMO she sure left out a lot of important information, especially if she wanted her daughter found and brought home safely.

I hear ya. It is strange, but I'm not quite ready, based on this, to accuse the mom of misleading LE.

But...I find it very weird that there isn't more coverage of the case. The girl is 14 and pregnant and with a convicted felon!! This is dangerous - why isn't there move coverage?

We're missing some info, imo.

jmo

After watching the video, I amended my earlier post to show that Mom actually picked up Jakob before going to the gas station. IMO leaving out necessary information is lying, especially in this kind of situation. She took herself out of the equation by holding back the information. That made it sound like the meeting with Jakob was not intentional.

Usually when you stop at a gas gas station to get snacks, you’re heading somewhere else. Where were the three of them planning to go? To get an abortion?

I still want to know how she ran away with him in September and LE found them and returned her (pregnant) before Thanksgiving if he wasn't released until 10/30/17. She could've gotten pregnant between the time he was released and Thanksgiving, not 8 weeks pregnant, but how do you run away with someone and get pregnant by him when he is incarcerated at the time?

According to C.'s aunt, this is not the first time she has gone missing with Jakab. She says the pair disappeared in September and returned home right before Thanksgiving after police found them. When C. came back home, she was about eight weeks pregnant.

http://www.news5cleveland.com/news/...ng-teen-believed-to-be-with-a-wanted-fugitive

After watching the video, I amended my earlier post to show that Mom actually picked up Jakob before going to the gas station. IMO leaving out necessary information is lying, especially in this kind of situation. She took herself out of the equation by holding back the information. That made it sound like the meeting with Jakob was not intentional.

Usually when you stop at a gas gas station to get snacks, you’re heading somewhere else. Where were the three of them planning to go? To get an abortion?

Okay, this is a change. So the guy was in the car with them from the start??

It does sort of sound like they were heading to an abortion and Jakob bolted with the girl. So does that mean he stole the car at the gas station??

Seems like basic info that should be known by now. Baffling!

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shevet
Back