Found Alive OH - A. C., 14, Barberton, 4 Dec 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I do not believe that this guy is looking to 'protect' his young 2nd cousin.

What 33 yr old, with a criminal record already, is going to go on the run with a 14 yr old, in order to 'protect' her?

If he had concerns about her family life or fears she was being abused, he could have taken her to CPS or to the sex crimes division, or to the local church, and had her speak to someone with the authority to help her.

NOTHING that he is doing right now is improving her life circumstances.

IMO this is something we can't know. I mean, we can't know what is in his head. For all we know he tried other avenues to protect her but no one would listen. I agree, if he is trying to protect her this isn't the way to do it BUT people have done similar things in the past to protect a child and it has worked out. One example is a rather famous "missing person" case from my own home town. I'm not sure if there is a related thread to it here on WS, I've never checked, I suspect there isn't though since the case didn't receive wide recognition outside of my local area.

Anyway. The case in question is Celina Mays. She was 12yo and 9 months pregnant when she disappeared in 1996. She walked out of her home around midnight after telling a cousin "thanks for everything" and disappeared into the night. There are a lot of unanswered questions in her case, LE has remained mum but it's commonly known that her pregnancy was the result of SA at the hands of someone in her church (it was one of those churches in the vein of Westboro Baptist, small, very isolated and consisting mostly of family and extended family).

Officially she is still missing and LE is actively searching for her, in fact they just released another plea for her whereabouts a couple of months ago. What LE won't directly admit to is that they know where she is as does most of the town. She was "rescued" by someone within the community who got her to family in, IIRC, Chicago. It was to get her away from the church, which, at the time of her disappearance, was run by her grandmother and an uncle (it is thought the uncle is the father of the child but there is no absolute proof of that, just rumor and hearsay). According to police rumor they know her whereabouts and they need her to come forward so they can officially close the case but she won't, she still fears the church and that the father will attempt to get visitation of the child or impose his parental rights. In reality we know that won't happen but whatever happened at the church has her believing anything is possible.

So, these types of "abductions" do happen and do they work-out, RARELY. Do I think this will happen in AC's case, not a chance. The Celina May's case involved in a well orchestrated conspiracy to get her out by intelligent people. From all indications her uncle isn't bright enough and I doubt has the right kind of contacts to get AC some place safe.

IMO this is something we can't know. I mean, we can't know what is in his head. For all we know he tried other avenues to protect her but no one would listen. I agree, if he is trying to protect her this isn't the way to do it BUT people have done similar things in the past to protect a child and it has worked out. One example is a rather famous "missing person" case from my own home town. I'm not sure if there is a related thread to it here on WS, I've never checked, I suspect there isn't though since the case didn't receive wide recognition outside of my local area.

Anyway. The case in question is Celina Mays. She was 12yo and 9 months pregnant when she disappeared in 1996. She walked out of her home around midnight after telling a cousin "thanks for everything" and disappeared into the night. There are a lot of unanswered questions in her case, LE has remained mum but it's commonly known that her pregnancy was the result of SA at the hands of someone in her church (it was one of those churches in the vein of Westboro Baptist, small, very isolated and consisting mostly of family and extended family).

Officially she is still missing and LE is actively searching for her, in fact they just released another plea for her whereabouts a couple of months ago. What LE won't directly admit to is that they know where she is as does most of the town. She was "rescued" by someone within the community who got her to family in, IIRC, Chicago. It was to get her away from the church, which, at the time of her disappearance, was run by her grandmother and an uncle (it is thought the uncle is the father of the child but there is no absolute proof of that, just rumor and hearsay). According to police rumor they know her whereabouts and they need her to come forward so they can officially close the case but she won't, she still fears the church and that the father will attempt to get visitation of the child or impose his parental rights. In reality we know that won't happen but whatever happened at the church has her believing anything is possible.

So, these types of "abductions" do happen and do they work-out, RARELY. Do I think this will happen in AC's case, not a chance. The Celina May's case involved in a well orchestrated conspiracy to get her out by intelligent people. From all indications her uncle isn't bright enough and I doubt has the right kind of contacts to get AC some place safe.

So, as that whole story is not fact and is just rumor. We cannot discuss it here or compare it as it's not "fact".

So when one of you said mom had been commenting on a siblings facebook, I went diving. At one point on the same siblings page, someone makes a comment on 12/7 that references "stuff with A."

I'm sure that could mean a number of things, the pregnancy, AC's relationship with LJ, or just unrelated drama, but it makes me think mom wasn't being truthful when she said she found out about LJ and AC's relationship after she had gone missing.

I do not believe that this guy is looking to 'protect' his young 2nd cousin.

What 33 yr old, with a criminal record already, is going to go on the run with a 14 yr old, in order to 'protect' her?

If he had concerns about her family life or fears she was being abused, he could have taken her to CPS or to the sex crimes division, or to the local church, and had her speak to someone with the authority to help her.

NOTHING that he is doing right now is improving her life circumstances.

Of course nothing he’s doing is improving AC’s life circumstances. But if he’s as delusional as his FB posts indicate, I believe he thinks he’s protecting AC. I get the impression that he is willing to die for “his beliefs.” No, it’s not rational or sensible, but he clearly is neither of those.

https://www.facebook.com/lou.jakab

We all know how ineffective CPS and other entities can be, so in his own Sir Galahad delusion, I can imagine that he wouldn’t bother seeking their help. Why would anyone believe him...a convicted felon...when her own Mom lies so glibly and is believed by LE?

I’m not excusing what LJ is doing at all. But I don’t think he intends to hurt AC. He is hurting her by messing with her future, of course. I just don’t think he necessarily has bad/evil intentions. Stupid and irrational, yes. I do hope this all can be resolved safely.
JMO

I am from that area and there is a particular location in Fairfax County along Route 1 with plenty of motels that you can just pay cash for. Including one that people live at for awhile, you just pay in cash by the week. It's a pretty run down area compared to the rest of the county. I bet that's where they were.

I am from that area and there is a particular location in Fairfax County along Route 1 with plenty of motels that you can just pay cash for. Including one that people live at for awhile, you just pay in cash by the week. It's a pretty run down area compared to the rest of the county. I bet that's where they were.

Although LE probably knows this area well, I suggest that you give them a call to remind them in connection with this particular case. Can’t hurt, might help.

The commenters on LJ's facebook screenshotting a twitter account they believe to be A.'s are clearly mistaken, that is not her twitter account--it seems to belong to a youtuber.

The commenters on LJ's facebook screenshotting a twitter account they believe to be A.'s are clearly mistaken, that is not her twitter account--it seems to belong to a youtuber.

Yes, I saw that last night and looked it up. It’s clearly not AC. Dumb.

Yes, but strange he sent a tweet to that account on 11/28 "Good morning call me".

Yes, but strange he sent a tweet to that account on 11/28 "Good morning call me".

That's true--but overall it doesn't seem like he knows how to use twitter very well. He literally has a tweet that says "DM@druggie" ::eyeroll::

Several pages back in this thread I made the same mistake because of that tweet. Realized my mistake...I can see how people would think this was her initially.

So when one of you said mom had been commenting on a siblings facebook, I went diving. At one point on the same siblings page, someone makes a comment on 12/7 that references "stuff with A."

I'm sure that could mean a number of things, the pregnancy, AC's relationship with LJ, or just unrelated drama, but it makes me think mom wasn't being truthful when she said she found out about LJ and AC's relationship after she had gone missing.

I would think it’s a reference to her youngest sister going missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think that he IS helping her but I think the poster meant what does he THINK he is helping her escape from.

There is obviously SOMETHING that he feels is hurting her...while we know he is a loser on the run with a kid, there could be something she told him about someone hurting her or something that he is referencing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nelib87
Back