GUILTY OH - Alianna Defreeze, 14, Cleveland, 26 Jan 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OK this makes sense. It looks like she'd get off the #14 wb and change at 93rd and K to the #10 (sb?) and take a short ride to the school just past 93rd and Union. If she didn't get off at school, the bus does cross Broadway but I see no reason for her to do that unless she missed a stop or something or went the wrong way. All these times and sightings are confusing. It seems like she got off the first bus and somewhere in between that and transferring to the other bus and arriving at the stop near school, someone got her. Fuller is right between Kinsman and Union, where the school is. The entire distance is just over a mile. Definitely a bus ride in winter, but kids could walk in the summer. I actually interviewed for a job at eprep 100 years ago at their first campus... see map link for closest eprep to her, makes sense she'd be heading there. #10 is the only bus she could have transferred to. https://www.google.com/maps/@41.4675848,-81.62006,15z?hl=en-US

Eprep just happens to have open houses planned tomorrow night at all three campuses. If they really messed up on the notification, that might not go well.

OK this makes sense. It looks like she'd get off the #14 wb and change at 93rd and K to the #10 (sb?) and take a short ride to the school just past 93rd and Union. If she didn't get off at school, the bus does cross Broadway but I see no reason for her to do that unless she missed a stop or something or went the wrong way. All these times and sightings are confusing. It seems like she got off the first bus and somewhere in between that and transferring to the other bus and arriving at the stop near school, someone got her. Fuller is right between Kinsman and Union, where the school is. The entire distance is just over a mile. Definitely a bus ride in winter, but kids could walk in the summer. I actually interviewed for a job at eprep 100 years ago at their first campus... see map link for closest eprep to her, makes sense she'd be heading there. #10 is the only bus she could have transferred to. https://www.google.com/maps/@41.4675848,-81.62006,15z?hl=en-US

'She attends E Prep. located at 1415 E 36th St.'

http://www.wkyc.com/mb/news/local/c...issing-developmentally-delayed-girl/394041254

This is from a 2013 article:

[...]

Brown, the transit agency's camera security manager, said crews will begin equipping the rest of RTA's fleet with the eight-camera system on Oct. 16, with the work to be completed by Dec. 31.

The 70 new buses that RTA expects to bring on line in 2014 noand 2015 also will have security cameras and audio recorders. Regular-sized buses have eight cameras that pick up the entire passenger cabin of the bus, the driver's area and the exterior of the bus.

"You're being recorded your entire ride, pickup to dropoff," Brown said. "This should make customers feel more safe."

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/10/rta_camera_video_installation.html

LE must (should) have more information on her whereabouts and travels than they've released. They also (should) know if she was traveling alone, and whether she did, in fact, depart a bus at 3:20 p.m. Until they confirm, I'm skeptical of the driver's recollection. But again, we have to wait and see.

This is from a 2013 article:

[...]

Brown, the transit agency's camera security manager, said crews will begin equipping the rest of RTA's fleet with the eight-camera system on Oct. 16, with the work to be completed by Dec. 31.

The 70 new buses that RTA expects to bring on line in 2014 noand 2015 also will have security cameras and audio recorders. Regular-sized buses have eight cameras that pick up the entire passenger cabin of the bus, the driver's area and the exterior of the bus.

"You're being recorded your entire ride, pickup to dropoff," Brown said. "This should make customers feel more safe."

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/10/rta_camera_video_installation.html

LE must (should) have more information on her whereabouts and travels than they've released. They also (should) know if she was traveling alone, and whether she did, in fact, depart a bus at 3:20 p.m. Until they confirm, I'm skeptical of the driver's recollection. But again, we have to wait and see.

Assuming they put one of the new busses on her route at the right times. I'd bet that area of town gets to keep the older busses a while yet. That said, I'm also skeptical. Eye witnesses in general are bad - unless they are seeing something total off the norm of course. He sees her 5x a week. He probably got the day wrong. But, we'll see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This seems like kind of a complicated transportation plan for a special needs student. Did she do this alone twice a day?

I am so sad to hear this. Her family is in my thoughts.

Assuming they put one of the new busses on her route at the right times. I'd bet that area of town gets to keep the older busses a while yet. That said, I'm also skeptical. Eye witnesses in general are bad - unless they are seeing something total off the norm of course. He sees her 5x a week. He probably got the day wrong. But, we'll see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The article is from 2013, and the project was 80% complete. The existing buses were outfitted with the cameras, and the new fleet came equipped.

My heart is breaking for her family. May there be swift justice for Alianna.

:candle:

This supports what I posted earlier. The other cases lack clear similarities.

[...]

And while the unsolved cases with females have happened in the same general area around vacant buildings and fields, a source close to the investigations points out differences, too: ages, the killer’s ‘MO’, and more.

Police say they wonder the same thing you do. The Chief added, "If we look at that and find commonalities between crimes, then we immediately start to investigate those commonalities.”

Also, maybe some new hope:

[...]
The unsolved murders in that part of town date back several years. Four cases in particular, and they’ve sparked vigils. Each time, police gathered evidence and tested it. But the I TEAM has learned, the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s Office just got new, updated technology to gather more clues from DNA. And investigators plan to use that new equipment to retest evidence from those unsolved cases.
http://fox8.com/2017/01/31/iteam-re...-about-a-serial-killer-in-one-cleveland-area/

My feelings are this is not related but oh boy, that line of red pins on your map Bessie is chilling :(

I tend to agree with you skibaboo. I think this was a crime of opportunity for the monster who murdered Alianna. He's probably a transient loser who has a criminal record, but was just let out on the streets and then this happens. I don't think this killer is organized enough to become a serial killer and I have hope he will be apprehended.

at any rate, since it was a city bus, I hope they have footage of who got off that bus at the same stop as Alianna. Furthermore, I hope they retrace her steps from that bus stop to the crimescene via CCTV footage to see if anyone was following her or if she met someone along the way that lured her to the abandoned house.

I hope her family sees justice for Alianna soon, and that whoever murdered her is caught quickly. :(

Unrelated at this time? It would be nice if the CPD brass would comment on this.RIP Aliana. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange
Back