GUILTY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave , 7 May 2017 *GUILTY OF ABUSE OF CORPSE ONLY* *resentencing 2022* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well that's easy -- the medical expert was hired by the defense to promote ED birth complications to support their position! It doesn't follow that their expert would testify about other ED women with healthy babies! That's silly...

From your link:

BRS did not have miscarriage

She did not have cesarean

She did not have breech

Just the opposite -- she had full term baby delivered by the mother without complications.

Mom cleaned up, and went to baseball game to celebrate her boyfriends birthday.

Given her pregnancy weight at about 149 -- (estimate 29-34 pregnancy gain), she probably did not have a low birth weight baby either.

Good example of BSR (with ED) didn't present with the adverse stats provided above, and more evidence that women with ED can still have healthy babies.

MOO
The medical experts were cross-examined. The prosecutor had the opportunity and failed to bring it up because I'm assuming the prosecutor is well aware an eating disorder carries a high risk to the health of the fetus. We'll agree to disagree. I've posted links to support my opinion an eating disorder can result in stillbirth which is the conclusion of this jury.

JMO

Last edited:
BBM. Well said! Journalists covering this case have been asking very pointed questions. The public's "right to know" is their ethical obligation.

BBM. I think both did grandstand and attorneys have pointed it out repeatedly. According to Fornshell's bio on the Warren County website, the DA is really proud of his media appearances and brags about the "international and national attention." And the Judge's actions have been publicly criticized in this case long before it made it to trial.

JMO

David received the 2018 Prosecutor of the Year Award for the state of Ohio by the Ohio Prosecuting Attorney’s Association, and has prosecuted cases receiving international and national attention, including cases profiled by the BBC documentary series Life and Death Row, Good Morning America, Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, The Washington Post, The New York Times, The UK Daily Mail, and numerous other international and national publications. David also served as a legal consultant for a network television series crime drama.

https://www.warrencountyprosecutor.com/Geninfo/Bio.aspx

LEBANON, OH (FOX19) - Did a local judge illegally delete a defense attorney's memo about a high profile murder case from the court record?

Our media partner at the Cincinnati Enquirer thinks so. Their lawyer has asked an appeals court to order Warren County Common Pleas Court Judge Donald Oda, to put it back.

"Exercise of such power is unlawful...and in no way complies with Ohio (law) and is legally defective," wrote Jack Greiner in a motion filed last week.

Did judge illegally strike memo from court record in teen mom baby murder case?
Whoa! I did not know about all the pre trial controversies involving the judge. I suppose it was Oda who ruled that physician patient privilege could be broken to allow all BSR medical info a ruling which went up to an appellate court.

But she did not have a miscarriage, or give birth to a stillborn, or a low-birth weight baby.
In fact the only description she offered of the baby during the interrogation was that it was a "big" baby.
I got the impression it came as a surprise to her that she was so big. Imo
BBM. The jury disagrees with you and so do I. No need to rehash or take comments out of context. We'll agree to disagree.

Whoa! I did not know about all the pre trial controversies involving the judge. I suppose it was Oda who ruled that physician patient privilege could be broken to allow all BSR medical info a ruling which went up to an appellate court.
Yep, and the Ohio appellate court agreed with him which is why the advocacy groups wanted it to go before the Ohio Supreme Court. This still could turn into a federal case because HIPAA is a federal law. The Judge played pretty loose with it.

JMO

Last edited:
Okay to liven it up some, Charlie H. Rittgers was in our wedding (best man) and a wonderful man. I love the man. His son is smart and way too handsome. We went our way and moved around in the AF, he stayed in OH. Didn't know he wasn't a prosecutor anymore. I'm not a fan of defense lawyers so it was fascinating watching the press conferences. I didn't follow the trial daily and only found out it was Charlie and his son on this case this week. I had read about Skylar when it hit the news.

I can't believe I love a defense lawyer. lol

I thought they did a good job. I saw more clips of the son than the father but the son IMO has a nice demeanor not shrill or bombastic. Good advocate but understated.

Agree. You don't have to be an attorney to have an opinion on the ethics of the State's actions. IMO it was overcharged. I wonder if the State felt community pressure to charge SR with the max which IMO is a political motive.

I have wondered at times about the possibility of this prosecution being politically motivated. No disrespect to the US system but it is more overtly political than ours which I imagine can and does lead to very different outcomes. Of course this is only my opinion but I don't believe this case would have gone to trial in the UK. We haven't prosecuted a woman in the UK for neonaticide since 2002, although there are believed to be around 7 cases each year. Most cases are dealt with by hospital order for psychiatric care. Neonaticide is defined under English Law as a separate offence to either murder or manslaughter due to diminished responsibility. The law recognises the extreme physical and mental toll pregnancy takes on a woman.

Not guilty verdict does not mean innocent. Means the jurors couldn't eliminate reasonable doubt about guilt.

<modsnip: no link to information stated as fact>

BSR reported no menstrual abnormalities when asked by her obgyn. And nothing about going without period for a year.

I also believe BSR was probably her healthiest at conception to delivery May 7, 2017.

This is evident in her own recorded weight: April 26, 2017 by the Obgyn at about 149 pounds.

If a healthy weight for BSR is 115-120 pounds, that would have put her in the category of 29-34 pound pregnancy gain.

I think BSR delivered a big, full term, healthy girl, and assuming BSR had a stillborn simply because her history with ED ignores so many facts known about this case.

MOO

BBM : Nor does it mean she is guilty regardless.

There was absolutely no indication that my 1st pregnancy was anything other than completely healthy. My ultrasounds were fine, my son was growing (he was 8lb born) my blood tests and fundal height were spot on at every check up but as it turns out, I had a rare placental abnormality called vesa previa which did not become evident until my waters broke. I had effectively 2 placentas that were joined together by veins. These veins ruptured when my waters broke, thus reducing the flow of oxygen to my son. My bleeding was dismissed as my mucus plug coming away and I was left to continue labouring. It was only when medical staff changed shift and a new doctor came on and felt something was wrong. The general consensus was that had my son been born only moments later, he would not have survived. I am thankful every day. I don't know if Skylar had this or any other condition as there was no placenta left to study but my point is, having an apparently healthy pregnancy, gaining weight etc is absolutely no guarantee that you can't have a stillbirth.

I also believe that many people are ignoring the fact that, like SIDS, stillbirth can happen to anyone, often for no reason to an apparently healthy baby and mum. Sadly, this happened to one of my best friends.

"In many cases when a baby is stillborn no cause can be found. The death of these babies deaths remain ‘unexplained’, which can be particularly hard for grieving parents who want to understand what happened to their baby..."

Tommy's - Causes of stillbirth

I believe her ED speaks more to her state of mind than the health of her pregnancy IMO.

ETA: The above paragraph should read 'the cause of these babies deaths...' there's a typo in the original article I have extracted from.

Last edited:
BBM. Well said! Journalists covering this case have been asking very pointed questions. The public's "right to know" is their ethical obligation.

BBM. I think both did grandstand and attorneys have pointed it out repeatedly. According to Fornshell's bio on the Warren County website, the DA is really proud of his media appearances and brags about the "international and national attention." And the Judge's actions have been publicly criticized in this case long before it made it to trial.

JMO

David received the 2018 Prosecutor of the Year Award for the state of Ohio by the Ohio Prosecuting Attorney’s Association, and has prosecuted cases receiving international and national attention, including cases profiled by the BBC documentary series Life and Death Row, Good Morning America, Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, The Washington Post, The New York Times, The UK Daily Mail, and numerous other international and national publications. David also served as a legal consultant for a network television series crime drama.

https://www.warrencountyprosecutor.com/Geninfo/Bio.aspx

LEBANON, OH (FOX19) - Did a local judge illegally delete a defense attorney's memo about a high profile murder case from the court record?

Our media partner at the Cincinnati Enquirer thinks so. Their lawyer has asked an appeals court to order Warren County Common Pleas Court Judge Donald Oda, to put it back.

"Exercise of such power is unlawful...and in no way complies with Ohio (law) and is legally defective," wrote Jack Greiner in a motion filed last week.

Did judge illegally strike memo from court record in teen mom baby murder case?

Wow! IMO, the judge and the prosecutors are criminals and need to go to prison.

cou
The morning after pill is indeed a high dose of the hormones found in birth control pills. However, it only works to delay ovulation if it hasn't yet occurred. Even taking the morning after pill while already pregnant will not abort a pregnancy or kill a fetus.

You're right! She was born May 7th and the remains were found July 14th.
could this nitwit have thought by taking the pill it would have either killed the child or brought about an early birth that the infant could not survive? I was trying to understand why she would take BC pills after she was already pregnant? Was she going to tell Mommy and Daddy " Look sweet kind loving mommy and daddy I was on the pill so I didn't know?" Just trying to make sense of the senseless

Assuming you're serious, I think the chances of that having happened and the prosecution (and/or the defense, who knows) not using it during this trial are zero.

I haven't been following the case very closely, obtaining someone's personal medical records, that of a minor who may have had a prior abortion or placed a child for adoption..I'm sure prosecution could find out, but odd thing for her dad to say, I am not sure his exact words, "you have done this before, or its been done before" ... could be referring to, (young) women kill their babies everyday, and not specific to his daughter.

Last edited:
If you're an attorney than you clearly understand there is no ethical violation in bringing a case to trial when probable cause has been established. That's the standard.

At preliminary hearings the judge doesn't dismiss the case if the state hasn't proved it beyond a reasonable doubt. They dismiss if there is no probable cause. Any attorney should know that.

And this prosecutor thought he had a good chance to win. No prosecutor would pursue a case they feel they are going to lose, if they have the choice.
but they indict ham sandwiches every day, just saying lol

I disagree with those of you who are saying BSR is likely re-offend, kill again, or make another appearance on WS for another crime. I'm interested if anyone has any relative statistics on women who commit neonaticide, but I think she is only really a danger to her own offspring. Maybe only offspring conceived while living in her parents' house as a minor.

Does she still need a ton of help to guide her through doing a massive amount of emotional work to have a chance at being a functional, contributing member of society with healthy relationships who is able to take care of herself? Yes. But I don't think she's headed for a life of murder or even crime.
showing my age here, does anyone remember the case and I can only recall bits and pieces of this women who had many children and a doctor making a comment he hoped the next kid of hers had long fingernails... She was killing them, she had many and it was in the 40-50's?

I haven't been following the case very closely, obtaining someone's personal medical records, that of a minor who may have had a prior abortion or placed a child for adoption..I'm sure prosecution could find out, but odd thing for her dad to say, I am not sure his exact words, "you have done this before, or its been done before" ... could be referring to, (young) women kill their babies everyday, and not specific to his daughter.

I would assume it would be almost impossible to find out whether someone had had an abortion, but much easier to find out that a baby had been put up for adoption, even if it was done extremely privately. However, it could be possible.
But if she had put up a child for adoption, then she's gone through it all with her parents before - confessed that she was pregnant (even if the confession was under pressure), gone through labour, seen a newborn... to me, it doesn't fit that she went through all this once as a younger girl with her parents' knowledge, and then suddenly got so secretive the second time around.
I think it's more likely that he meant that others have done this before, but it was an odd statement. If he was talking about her doing it before, there would have been other references to the last time in their conversation, such as - "you already knew we would support you, you know these options are here for you" etc.

I would assume it would be almost impossible to find out whether someone had had an abortion, but much easier to find out that a baby had been put up for adoption, even if it was done extremely privately. However, it could be possible.
But if she had put up a child for adoption, then she's gone through it all with her parents before - confessed that she was pregnant (even if the confession was under pressure), gone through labour, seen a newborn... to me, it doesn't fit that she went through all this once as a younger girl with her parents' knowledge, and then suddenly got so secretive the second time around.
I think it's more likely that he meant that others have done this before, but it was an odd statement. If he was talking about her doing it before, there would have been other references to the last time in their conversation, such as - "you already knew we would support you, you know these options are here for you" etc.

Yes, you have stated this better than I did, thank you.

When I heard the fathers's statement, I thought hmmm??? Could it be..she has been pregnant before..and that it was 'such a family ordeal' the last time (she could have been pregnant) she was just not saying a word if it happened again..and this is the result, laboring alone in her room, burying the baby's body, going to a baseball game, telling her mother she is so happy her belly is flat again...

The entire situation is just hard to wrap your mind around...

She is so secretive we will never know the only possible way might be if you knew her and you were to ask her if she had afterbirth pains cause they only happen after the 2nd child, not the 1st. Good trick to try if she has a friend that wants to try it lol

She is so secretive we will never know the only possible way might be if you knew her and you were to ask her if she had afterbirth pains cause they only happen after the 2nd child, not the 1st. Good trick to try if she has a friend that wants to try it lol

No they don't. I had after-birth pains after my first child.

BBM. The jury disagrees with you and so do I. No need to rehash or take comments out of context. We'll agree to disagree.
I don't think I'm rehashing anything as that was my first post on this thread.
I did not know the jury thought Skylar had anorexia or that the baby was still born. I'll have to go back and read about that.

I understand what the outcome was of the trial, but I was referring to Skylar's own account of the baby being alive.
She said she heard a gurgle and a little bit of crying while the baby was in the toilet. She thought she saw her moving.
She herself believed that by squeezing the baby a little too hard she may have caused her death.

I'm not saying she intentionally killed her. We weren't there, so we can only go by her words, if she is to be believed.

But I don't think there is much doubt that the baby was born alive. Imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves
Back