GUILTY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave , 7 May 2017 *GUILTY OF ABUSE OF CORPSE ONLY* *resentencing 2022* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The jury went out of their way to write a note on the verdict form that Skylar did not hurt Annabelle.

I bet it burned the judge up to have to read that out loud, LMAO.
This!
Sure judges have a lot of latitude on what they say in sentencing. But If I was that jury I would be pissed off at his remarks. Sure condemn BSR all you want judge--- but stick to what she was convicted of! But he made sure to perform for the cameras and press. If you look at what groups endorse his election you will see who he needs to impress-- the same ones the elected DA needs to impress. I thought it was gross of him and again a slap in the face to the jury.
MOO, but of course!

Yeah, reminded me of HHJP flipping through the verdict form, and his comments afterwards. He was shell-shocked as was I.

But for this case, I do not think I was as shell shocked as the verdict at all.

I did note that defense used the Cheney Mason tactic which is now popular amongst defense attorneys. E.g. Zimmerman trial.To show the Reasonable Doubt graph. See attached. Screenshot from live feed.

ETA Cheney Mason was the defense attorney, and HHJP was the presiding judge during the Caylee Anthony trial.

Ah thank you for that information, I thought that was an excellent technique. The defence was very impressive. If I ever find myself in trouble in the US I'm calling Team C!

This!
Sure judges have a lot of latitude on what they say in sentencing. But If I was that jury I would be pissed off at his remarks. Sure condemn BSR all you want judge--- but stick to what she was convicted of! But he made sure to perform for the cameras and press. If you look at what groups endorse his election you will see who he needs to impress-- the same ones the elected DA needs to impress. I thought it was gross of him and again a slap in the face to the jury.
MOO, but of course!

This is why I'm wondering if they are aligned to a particular political party? I'm going to do a bit of googling for more context.

Yeah, she said she had a lighter and started at the bottom. Then she tried to "shoo" the fire out. It sounds like she intended to burn the body, then changed her mind and buried it instead.
But as the report of the findings was retracted, I guess it's not relevant.
Do we know why it was retracted? Did another expert disagree with the findings? Imo
Never mind, I found an article in MSM.
Apparently there was never any evidence of "charring".
I wonder how he came to that conclusion in the first place.
I can't seem to find any articles on line before those from the last few days.
I'm going to have to figure out how to find the previous threads. There must be more articles somewhere.

BBM. That is not true. Any google search on false confession would show you that false confessions occur without beatings or threats of beatings.
Yes, isn't that what "coerced" means?
There are many cases where suspects have become exhausted and stressed after hours and days of interrogation, and end up saying whatever detectives want them to say.
I think that's why investigators have changed tactics over the years, as in some cases they failed to get a conviction. Imo

Never mind, I found an article in MSM.
Apparently there was never any evidence of "charring".
I wonder how he came to that conclusion in the first place.
I can't seem to find any articles on line before those from the last few days.
I'm going to have to figure out how to find the previous threads. There must be more articles somewhere.

About the bone burning retraction
This explains it really well
Doctors testify about bones, possible cremation attempt in Skylar Richardson trial
It seems Dr Murray a forensic anthropologist at first opines the bones looked charred. Then she examined them again and changed her mind, that the dark marks were because the bones were damp the first time she saw them. This news story talks about emails she sent the coroner about it. Dr Murray was not called to testify.
The forensic anthropologist who was called by the state Dr Latham testified she found no evidence of charring of burning on the bones.

Although that is what I don't understand, if she wanted her mother and father the whole time during the interview and wanted to hold somebody's hand when she was uncomfortable.

It all just seemed such a dichotomy, that she wanted her hand held during the interview, but she did not want help when she was birthing baby.
Her behavior is very hard to understand. I can't even pretend to try to figure her out. I wish she had an extended family member she could move in with and try to regroup and to get away from that toxic environment she was in. JMO

Nope muscle tone has nothing to do with it, after birth pains are the uterus shrinking back down so it happens after any delivery but typically get worse with each subsequent delivery as it's harder for the uterus to shrink back down the more it's been stretched out.

Afterpains are typically mild for first-time moms (if you feel them at all) and don't last long. But they can be quite uncomfortable after a second delivery and usually get worse with each successive delivery. That's because first-time mothers tend to have better uterine muscle tone, which means the uterus can contract and stay contracted, rather than relaxing and contracting intermittently.

https://www.babycenter.com/0_postpartum-cramps-afterpains_11723.bc

ouch, now I can't remember how long they lasted but it was bad I know that. I just had to google it since I knew I didn't have them after my daughter but had really bad ones after my 2nd so the link has their explanations, we will never know a lot of things about that girl. If I were her mom I would be worried about her health. I know ED can KILL ask Richard Carpenter what they went through with Karen, such a beautiful talent she had. but back then they were just beginning to get a grasp on that mental condition. She needs help and they tried with Karen but it was too late, the body needs protein and if you do not provide enough it takes from your body like the heart which is what killed her young at 34 I think or somewhere close to that.

Last edited:
Yes, isn't that what "coerced" means?
There are many cases where suspects have become exhausted and stressed after hours and days of interrogation, and end up saying whatever detectives want them to say.
I think that's why investigators have changed tactics over the years, as in some cases they failed to get a conviction. Imo
Yes, "coerced". I should have said that. I suppose you could call that torture when someone has been interrogated for hours and hours. I'm glad their methods have changed.

Doctors testify about bones, possible cremation attempt in Skylar Richardson trial
It seems Dr Murray a forensic anthropologist at first opines the bones looked charred. Then she examined them again and changed her mind, that the dark marks were because the bones were damp the first time she saw them. This news story talks about emails she sent the coroner about it. Dr Murray was not called to testify.
The forensic anthropologist who was called by the state Dr Latham testified she found no evidence of charring of burning on the bones.

Thank you ThankYou

This!
MOO, but of course!
Kind of like jury nullification without actually doing it. JMO.

Her behavior is very hard to understand. I can't even pretend to try to figure her out. I wish she had an extended family member she could move in with and try to regroup and to get away from that toxic environment she was in. JMO

Here is a movie, I am so glad it is on youtube. It is about Karen Carpenter, excellent singer with such a unique voice, 2 seconds and I can tell it's her. She had ED laxatives and all. When I heard about BSR having it too and hearing her asking about love love love love over and over I thought about this movie and how the shrink tried to tell her mother that Karen didn't feel loved. The mother goes ape chit and tells the shrink " she knows we love her"! He says " yeah but how many times have you told her?" Shuts her up real quick. Great movie, explains at least partly what brought her to the condition she suffered

Reactions: osu
Although that is what I don't understand, if she wanted her mother and father the whole time during the interview and wanted to hold somebody's hand when she was uncomfortable.

It all just seemed such a dichotomy, that she wanted her hand held during the interview, but she did not want help when she was birthing baby.
Yes, her mentality seems like that of an eleven or twelve year old.
Like a middle school kid who will lie and say anything to avoid getting suspended or having their parents find out the terrible thing that they did. It's amazing how they never think of the consequences.

Her only concern during the questioning was about what was going to happen to her.
She just kept saying, "But do I get to go home with my parents?"
Then when they told her she would have to go to jail she asked, "will I sleep there?"

I think her family was so concerned with appearances and likely had such high expectations of her that having a baby was just not an option to her, especially since her boyfriend wasn't the father. She probably pushed it out of her mind and was in denial. It wasn't a real baby to her, until the moment it "just plopped out" into the toilet.

She wouldn't have asked for help giving birth because she was prepared to do whatever it took to prevent her parents from finding out. Imo

I don't know what her grades were like in school, but she doesn't appear to be very intelligent. When her parents came into the room she said, "I might have cremated the baby a little bit."
I still don't know why she admitted to that if it wasn't true. Imo

Last edited:
Here is a movie, I am so glad it is on youtube. It is about Karen Carpenter, excellent singer with such a unique voice, 2 seconds and I can tell it's her. She had ED laxatives and all. When I heard about BSR having it too and hearing her asking about love love love love over and over I thought about this movie and how the shrink tried to tell her mother that Karen didn't feel loved. The mother goes ape chit and tells the shrink " she knows we love her"! He says " yeah but how many times have you told her?" Shuts her up real quick. Great movie, explains at least partly what brought her to the condition she suffered

She had a beautiful voice. Such a sad ending.

ITA. He cannot possibly KNOW this. He can believe it, that's his prerogative; but that's very different from knowing.

I found it of extreme interest that he use the words that so many people use that are later discounted as fact? He said "I Believe In My Heart" ... as to preface what he said.

That is a quote so often we see with suspects that discounts down from any legal liability of admission later in a trial.

@gitana1, why do suspects use the "I believe in my heart" verses " I believe " or just stating fact? Does it discount it legally?

I've never used that term myself, but I see it come up again and again with suspects, in such a way that they are trying to skirt admission. I might be getting off the track but this is something that I have noticed again and again for over 10 years

I was shocked by the judge’s statements and felt he was out of line. Who is he to say that in his heart he KNOWS that....”Annabelle”... would be here today. Way too much editorializing via his own opinion, IMO.

(I agree with him, but those should have been his private thoughts, not public, on-the-record parts of her sentencing.)
ITA. He cannot possibly KNOW this. He can believe it, that's his prerogative; but that's very different from knowing.

He "knew it" in his heart, bless him. ;)

He was speaking to the cameras, not to Skylar. It's fact, not opinion or politics, that Ohio ranks high on the list of states in which all manner of "early personhood" laws are being proposed and passed.

Seemed very clear to me what message the judge wanted to send.

(Paraphrasing):

Point 1. "Some say the unborn are being killed every day in the US, but here, life is precious."

Point 2. "Life is precious and is to be safeguarded and protected at every stage. The law doesn't allow the State to prosecute women for actions they do or don't take during pregnancy. That's why you weren't charged for not getting prenatal care, and why I can't take your grotesque indifference to life before giving birth under consideration in sentencing you."

Point 3. "Had you decided to get prenatal care (most germaine) your baby would be alive today. "

Message: Lives would be saved if the State had the right to hold women legally responsible for what they do with their bodies during pregnancy.

----
BTW...I read up some on the Judge's alleged transgressions. The special access he and the other 2 judges afforded Fornell to the vids/recordings had every appearance of impropriety. Which for sure isn't a good look for judges or for the DA, and a bad enough look for the judge to be disciplined. But...the recordings themselves weren't taken surreptitiously, and the system of piping court doings elsewhere was neither new or novel. Just shouldn't have been piped in to Fornell's office.

The judge's choice to have the supporting memo to a defense motion shredded rather than sealed....now that's different. WTH.

Of all the unsettling things in this case, Kim Richardson's text messages telling her daughter to not let up on the Dulcolax so she can lose weight to look hot in her clothes in Destin....so disgusting. We were told she had a 7? inch thick medical record due to chronic and persistent eating disorders.

If Skylar's extended family (aunts etc) are as supportive as they claimed to be in interviews leading up to trial, they need to be going to extremes to get her help and disentangled from Kim.

It's been reported that Skykar works in the Rittgers law offices and she's probably lucky to have some sane concerned people in her life from that. But I get a very bad feeling almost a premonition about her likely longevity looking at her in the court video yesterday.
JMO of course

Of all the unsettling things in this case, Kim Richardson's text messages telling her daughter to not let up on the Dulcolax so she can lose weight to look hot in her clothes in Destin....so disgusting. We were told she had a 7? inch thick medical record due to chronic and persistent eating disorders.

If Skylar's extended family (aunts etc) are as supportive as they claimed to be in interviews leading up to trial, they need to be going to extremes to get her help and disentangled from Kim.

It's been reported that Skykar works in the Rittgers law offices and she's probably lucky to have some sane concerned people in her life from that. But I get a very bad feeling almost a premonition about her likely longevity looking at her in the court video yesterday.
JMO of course

Not to disagree with you but my cousin lived for over 30 years looking like a skeleton before her heart muscle gave out. I do think Skylar looks very bad and the condition of her hair is not a good sign. I guess I'll never understand why these anorexics actually starve themselves to death.....

Thank you. That helps a lot. I did not realize the body had been buried for so long.
I wonder how the skull fractures occurred. I wonder if she dropped the baby on the floor when she pulled her out. She said she pulled her out by her hand, which I think would be a little difficult.
Although it may have occurred when the baby went head first into the toilet. In the end she stated that the baby was in the toilet for about five minutes. I would think she would have drowned.
It also states that Dr. Brown said there was no indication that Skylar had any medical condition that would cause the baby to be small or malnourished. This contradicts the opinion that she had anorexia and the baby was still-born. Imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalo13
Back