OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in shallow grave, Carlisle, 7 May 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Skylar Richardson getting off too easy?

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - The aggravated murder case against a teenage mother accused of killing and burying her own newborn infant in her backyard is exploding on social media.

Some people already calling Brooke "Skylar" Richardson, 18, the next Casey Anthony, saying she is being treated too well by the justice system.

A Warren County judge issued a gag order Thursday after Warren County Prosecutor David Fornshell confirmed what we knew two weeks ago: the baby was, in fact, a girl.

More at link:

http://m.fox19.com/fox19/db_330522/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=lnmifmwo

I know I'll likely be the only person with this opinion.

I feel very bad for teenage girls that are basically forced to give birth, and I cannot imagine how many more cases of this exist in the the US (with anti-abortion laws) and world that is impoverished where having a baby basically means you could starve to death yourself. Obviously, this is not her case, but I suspect there is probably some severe religious brain washing going on in this household which is extremely unfair for the girl who gave birth, and is still a child herself. I do not think this girl would benefit from jail time. I think she really needs psychiatric care, especially since she is only 18. A normal household would not foster the idea that this is something that is okay to do. I really believe we need to look at the parent(s) in this case, and anyone else that is an adult and involved.

This is why access to sexual education, abortion, birth control, and other resources is so important. Terrifying young teenage women into fearing birth control due to the damnation of hell (what a load of bs), is really so incredibly sad. :( Again, I don't know for sure that is her case, but it isn't the first one I've seen where a young child is terrified of giving birth and it results in infanticide.

I see your points, asgaror; and agree on some. What I wonder is why this family did not elect to go the abortion route rather than full term culminating in a heinous murder? Or, as you suggest, birth control. Maybe she was using birth control or was she the 'good girl' who would never have sex with her boyfriend? From what I have read, 'religion' did not facilitate this crime, but to the contrary: the mother was excessively concerned about 'appearances'. On the other hand, it seems that BSR was walking round 9 months pregnant, went to the prom 2 nights prior to giving birth, and the community knew she was pregnant!
Very sad, contradictory, & complex.

!OMG!

Keeping up with the Joneses and that greener grass just doesn't cut it, not in my book that is.

I don't understand how someone can live with themselves after something as horrible as murdering your own newborn or any child. Where is the pitchfork mob when needed?

Godspeed, poor sweet innocent

I know I'll likely be the only person with this opinion.

I feel very bad for teenage girls that are basically forced to give birth, and I cannot imagine how many more cases of this exist in the the US (with anti-abortion laws) and world that is impoverished where having a baby basically means you could starve to death yourself. Obviously, this is not her case, but I suspect there is probably some severe religious brain washing going on in this household which is extremely unfair for the girl who gave birth, and is still a child herself. I do not think this girl would benefit from jail time. I think she really needs psychiatric care, especially since she is only 18. A normal household would not foster the idea that this is something that is okay to do. I really believe we need to look at the parent(s) in this case, and anyone else that is an adult and involved.

This is why access to sexual education, abortion, birth control, and other resources is so important. Terrifying young teenage women into fearing birth control due to the damnation of hell (what a load of bs), is really so incredibly sad. :( Again, I don't know for sure that is her case, but it isn't the first one I've seen where a young child is terrified of giving birth and it results in infanticide.
One of my friends all through elementary, junior high and high school who was real meek and shy ended up preggers senior year. She was wearing a heavy, long winter coat in East Georgia spring and early summer right before school ended and we graduated.
She never acknowledged the pregnancy rumors and her parents were Fundamental Pentacoastal/beat your *advertiser censored* with a belt religious by the book where God doesn't really exist parents.

She ended up giving birth to her baby in the loo and said it was dead but scissors was involved and the mum later found the dead baby deep in her closed wrapped in a box due to the odor. She was terrified of her parents if they found out about the sex, pregnancy and baby.
I don't know if this is from a rape or consensual sex as there was never a boyfriend that anyone knew of.
Nothing else was ever said and I have never been able to find Lisa and have looked for her over the years.

What reason do we have to believe she's from an extremely religious background? I didn't get that impression from the articles I've read.

18 is no child. She, and anyone who helped her commit this horrible crime should be held accountable. If it were the father who killed his newborn I don't think there'd be sympathy.

I see your points, asgaror; and agree on some. What I wonder is why this family did not elect to go the abortion route rather than full term culminating in a heinous murder? Or, as you suggest, birth control. Maybe she was using birth control or was she the 'good girl' who would never have sex with her boyfriend? From what I have read, 'religion' did not facilitate this crime, but to the contrary: the mother was excessively concerned about 'appearances'. On the other hand, it seems that BSR was walking round 9 months pregnant, went to the prom 2 nights prior to giving birth, and the community knew she was pregnant!

You posted exactly what I was going to post as soon as I found that a thread had been started. I totally agree, if mother was obsessed with appearances, why on earth have your daughter be so obviously pregnant and attend the prom? Doesn't make sense.:thinking:

I grew up with a girl who became pregnant in the ninth grade. As horrible as it sounds, this is true. Her parents refused for her to terminate the pregnancy and actually made her go through the pains of labor as punishment for getting pregnant. I heard the mother of this girl actually tell someone this. The baby was put up for adoption at birth. I remember feeling so bad for the girl who was in my class at school.

I realize that there is a gag order in place but was anything published stating what the State has proving she was responsible? So far it is known that she gave birth to baby. They also have the information the physician gave and the finding of the dead, burned baby.

Have any of you read or seen info or comments from LE stating how they know that she is actually the person who killed, burned and buried the baby following the birth? I can't help but think that at least one other person is involved.

of course she is. but I was not surprised by it. smh.

Is Skylar Richardson getting off too easy?

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - The aggravated murder case against a teenage mother accused of killing and burying her own newborn infant in her backyard is exploding on social media.

Some people already calling Brooke "Skylar" Richardson, 18, the next Casey Anthony, saying she is being treated too well by the justice system.

A Warren County judge issued a gag order Thursday after Warren County Prosecutor David Fornshell confirmed what we knew two weeks ago: the baby was, in fact, a girl.

More at link:

http://m.fox19.com/fox19/db_330522/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=lnmifmwo

I am thinking she didn't tell her family until it was too late for a quiet abortion.

even worse, what if she didn't want to adopt her baby out.

I grew up with a girl who became pregnant in the ninth grade. As horrible as it sounds, this is true. Her parents refused for her to terminate the pregnancy and actually made her go through the pains of labor as punishment for getting pregnant. I heard the mother of this girl actually tell someone this. The baby was put up for adoption at birth. I remember feeling so bad for the girl who was in my class at school.

Mom has some explaining to do

Oh geez....

Sounds like back in the '50s and '60s re "appearances" if your daughter is pregnant!

If she hid her pregancy, she could have given her baby away.... and no one would have known. But I see she went to the prom and most everyone "knew" she was pregnant.

Rest in peace Little Angel May! :rose:

Any date for her next appearance?

TIA! :wave:

The actions of those involved makes "zero" sense to anyone with "common sense" Everyone realized she was pregnant yet they continued with their plan. I'm hard pressed to believe Skylar engineered this by herself. My best guess is mom was involved. Now they have a real mess. Skylar will carry this for a long time, if only for the fact she will have criminal record. How could her parents be so stupid. "Save Face"? Come on, get a grip. Now everybody, including the whole nation, is aware of what happened. Skylar is 18 so she can make decisions for herself. She is far from mature, so heaven knows how she will turn out because of this calamity.
Please don't get me wrong as I am not defending her, it's just that her parents obviously did a less than stellar job raising her, plus they probably help generate this mess. WOW!

Arrest came after second search. Richardson was arrested shortly after investigators from the sheriff’s and coroner’s offices returned to Richardson’s home on Thursday evening for more soil samples and other evidence around a fire pit.

http://www.journal-news.com/news/wa...-case-things-know-now/jUMJ0oRY7Fti3dMZnYa1yI/

bbm She burned the baby on the property. She surely didn't do this alone or without anyone noticing.

From same link:
The case became public July 14 when investigators, acting on a tip from a doctor’s office that a Carlisle teenager may have delivered a stillborn infant.

Article also has a picture of the parents at the top.

I am thinking she didn't tell her family until it was too late for a quiet abortion.

I wouldn't be surprised. This happened to me. I was 16 (even had the same prom photo though it was earlier in the pregnancy). Our parents only found out because my boyfriend's mom found an ultrasound pic when I was well into my third trimester.

That being said, we kept it a secret because we knew we would be coerced into an abortion and both of us wanted the baby. I cannot fathom what this girl did. I understand that she must have been terrified but I just can't understand meeting your child for the first time and burning her. That was the furthest thing from my mind.

The actions of those involved makes "zero" sense to anyone with "common sense" Everyone realized she was pregnant yet they continued with their plan. I'm hard pressed to believe Skylar engineered this by herself. My best guess is mom was involved. Now they have a real mess. Skylar will carry this for a long time, if only for the fact she will have criminal record. How could her parents be so stupid. "Save Face"? Come on, get a grip. Now everybody, including the whole nation, is aware of what happened. Skylar is 18 so she can make decisions for herself. She is far from mature, so heaven knows how she will turn out because of this calamity.
Please don't get me wrong as I am not defending her, it's just that her parents obviously did a less than stellar job raising her, plus they probably help generate this mess. WOW!

Well stated, shadetree44. I concur with your every word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme