OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in shallow grave, Carlisle, 7 May 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it shows motive the baby could not survive. The reason the reaction of her parents. They belittled her and were ashamed of Skylar and what it was going to do to their image. I think Skylar thought she could totally hide the birth of the baby. jmo moo

ITA.

Websleuths acting wonky for me today... Maybe it's just my internet connection ? o_O

She was 18 when she gave birth. Her birthday is March 9, 1999.

If you look up her mugshot from 2017, it lists her DOB.
The Carlisle resident was 17 years old when she gave birth in her bathroom on May 7, just two days after her prom, then buried the infant’s body in her family’s backyard. The child’s remains were discovered by detectives on July 17.

Thanks for correction of BSR birthdate.

I’m sorry but seeing this interview video, so far, I do not see a girl who killed her baby. I see a girl who was so distraught, so worried about being pregnant, trying to figure out what to do about the next 8-10 weeks the dr told her she has before this baby comes, freaking out just a week and some days later on, excruciating pain and in the bathroom and a stillborn is delivered. I just don’t see a girl who had a live baby and killed it, not the way she’s acting, but I’m definitely willing to hear everything out and will keep listening. She’s now asked for her parents multiple times and was denied that, and has asked nervously many times if she’s in trouble. She keeps apologizing and saying she’s worry. I’m just not seeing a cold blooded killer her, but i know I’m in the minority here, sorry.

I'm not seeing a cold blooded killer, and I'm definitely not seeing a "spoiled, pampered cheerleader." She's practically begging her parents for their love and support. There is nothing I wouldn't support my children through.

I suffered extremely rare, serious pregnancy complications that nearly caused me to lose my first child at birth, if I had given birth at home he certainly would have died. The thought of being charged with murder as a result makes me shudder, which is why I have refused to join the lynch mob. I will wait until I hear the totality of the evidence and the verdict before I pass any judgement. I will not risk pillorying a frightened young girl who suffered still-birth or neonatal death.

For personal reasons this testimony is extremely difficult to deal with; my heart breaks for sweet, precious baby Annabelle.

I have taken some abuse on a few forums for daring to suggest that she might not be a cold blooded killer. This is such a sensitive subject, expressing a different point of view does not mean that someone doesn't care about the baby or the loss of an innocent little life, it simply means that some of us, or someone close to us, may have walked in a very different pair of shoes.

No judgement from me yet, there's still a very long way to go.

Last edited:
Notice how the defense says baby Annabelle but Skylar just kept on calling her an "it"?

Skylar had no intentions for this child to live IMO.

The police are not even accusing her of anything yet and she says over and over I never meant to hurt her, I did not kill her etc.

The jury in Brooke Skylar Richardson’s murder trial heard from the defendant for the first time on Thursday, as prosecutors played a video of her first interview with investigators.

About two hours of an eight-hour video recorded on July 14, 2017 were played after a delay of nearly two hours to start the third day of the high-profile trial that is getting national attention.

“You need to tell me what’s going on … am I going to be arrested?” Richardson says to Faine and a female officer.

Richardson signs a rights acknowledgement card and tells Faine she is going to the University of Cincinnati in the fall to study psychology and “maybe work with kids.”

When Faine lays out why she is there, telling Richardson that police received a call from a doctor’s office about a possible stillborn baby buried in the yard, Richardson begins crying.

“My parents are going to kill me … I didn’t want to tell them, but now they are going to find out,” Richardson says to Faine.

Carlisle buried baby trial: Parents’ shocked reaction shown on video in delayed Day 3

When I read the transcript, I had+sympathy for Skylar.

But having raised two daughters, I have a different reaction after watching the tape.

The parents know she lies. She has lied to them before. They keep asking their questions over and over because they cannot trust her answers.

She is also emotionally manipulative. They have seen this behavior before too.

They do not appear shocked. They are horrified by her latest mess, but not shocked. They know she lies and do t know how much of her latest “story” they can believe.

Calling the baby it repeatedly is awful. Both my daughter's were born prematurely, 31 and 34 weeks. Healthy, no breathing issues. Seeing reports of her having said the baby was born alive and she squeezed her head, crushing it, is just sickening. If I was her I'd cry in an interview too, because I'd be concerned about my fate. There is no excuse for what she did to that poor baby. She hid the pregnancy, hiring the birth therefore makes sense.

If by chance it was a stillbirth she has my sympathy, even if unwanted that would be hard. But, her actions afterwards are appalling.

Former Ohio cheerleader Brooke Skylar Richardson's police interrogation video was played for the first time in court Thursday.

She shook with emotion as she watched her admission that she had a baby girl in secret and buried her in the backyard.

“I didn't kill her,” she tells cops in the video. “I never meant to hurt her. I promise I didn't try and kill her."

She is asked by police, “Did you say her?”

Richardson then confirms it was girl and that she was dead.

“I don't want to go to jail,” she says in the video as she sobbed uncontrollably.

She repeats over and over that it wasn't murder.

Then her parents come into the room. They look stunned and say they had no idea she was pregnant.
Ex-Cheerleader Accused of Burying Baby Sobs During Police Interrogation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member