OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in shallow grave, Carlisle, 7 May 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this stage I don’t think they can say she killed the baby. The case seems based on her not being keen on having the baby and being in denial about being pregnant. That’s a long stretch to murder.

If she was estimated 32 weeks pregnant at the doctors office and gave birth 11 days later then that early delivery does make it more possible something was wrong with the baby. If the baby did breathe for a short period that doesn’t mean there wasn’t something wrong or it didn’t have trouble with it’s lungs.

I feel sorry for this girl if she’s going through this on flimsy info. I see nothing to say her story cant be true and the doc believed her even though for some reason they said to discard that.

I think people are underestimating the motive that Skylar had to destroy the baby. She wanted no one to know she was or had been pregnant ever. That was the purpose to murder and bury her baby. Make no mistake her age has nothing to do with her actions. She was a smart girl very involved in school. imo moo

I think people are underestimating the motive that Skylar had to destroy the baby. She wanted no one to know she was or had been pregnant ever. That was the purpose to murder and bury her baby. Make no mistake her age has nothing to do with her actions. She was a smart girl very involved in school. imo moo

I think she will get off even though I think she is 100 percent guilty. who acts like that after your baby died whether you did it or not. that being said she will always be known for what she has done and she will have to live with that for the rest of her life, if she has a conscience which I highly doubt at this point. she will be happy to get her life back and that's all that matters to her.

At this stage I don’t think they can say she killed the baby. The case seems based on her not being keen on having the baby and being in denial about being pregnant. That’s a long stretch to murder.

If she was estimated 32 weeks pregnant at the doctors office and gave birth 11 days later then that early delivery does make it more possible something was wrong with the baby. If the baby did breathe for a short period that doesn’t mean there wasn’t something wrong or it didn’t have trouble with it’s lungs.

I feel sorry for this girl if she’s going through this on flimsy info. I see nothing to say her story cant be true and the doc believed her even though for some reason they said to discard that.

I was always small for my dates and my doctors were always saying I would deliver a month later than I did and I had healthy babies with healthy weights. due dates are just a best guess they are not 100 percent accurate.

I was always small for my dates and my doctors were always saying I would deliver a month later than I did even with a ultrasound measuring the femur and tape measurements and I had healthy babies with healthy weights. due dates are just a best guess they are not 100 percent accurate. they can go a month either way

We are only in day 2 of the trial.

They have not even gone over the unexplained skull fractures nor the electronics.

And she admitted on tape to police that her daughter was born alive, moved, cried and when she squeezed it too hard she may have killed it.

Her defense is that when she gave birth, her child was already dead.

I think she will get off even though I think she is 100 percent guilty. who acts like that after your baby died whether you did it or not. that being said she will always be known for what she has done and she will have to live with that for the rest of her life, if she has a conscience which I highly doubt at this point. she will be happy to get her life back and that's all that matters to her.

I don't think she will.

The prosecution is slowly building their case.

Steve Knippen, an assistant prosecutor, told Warren County jurors that Brooke Skylar Richardson tried to commit "the perfect crime," killing an unwanted baby and trying to hide any sign that the child ever existed so she could go back to her "perfect life."

Richardson, now 20, is accused of aggravated murder and four other felonies in the 2017 birth and death of her baby girl, whose skeletal remains were found in a shallow grave in Richardson's backyard. Richardson faces life in prison if convicted. Her trial could last up to three weeks.

Knippen repeatedly displayed text messages and photos in which Richardson bragged about how good her body looked right after the baby was gone.

She texted such a message to her mother just hours after she "murdered a baby she didn't want and never intended to keep," Knippen said. He said she was "pregnant by a boy that she wanted nothing to do with."

Attorney Charles M. Rittgers rejected prosecution claims that she confessed, saying it was a false confession that police goaded her into, pressing her to say the baby was born alive and she burned it.
Doctor says young woman in murder trial said she buried baby

Lauren Pack@LPack JN
After meeting in chambers, it appears court will begin in about five minutes. Skylar is in the courtroom
@journalnews

Charles M. Rittgers says his father is not in the courtroom because of a "personal family issue," Trial is moving forward.
@journalnews

Judge Oda tells the jury the "elder Mr. Rittgers" had a personal family issue.
@journalnews

Lauren Pack@LPack JN
First witness today is from BCI Amy Dallaire, who did DNA testing on the remains of the baby's remains.
@journalnews

Dallaire says tests show Richardson and Trey Johnson are parents of the baby.
@journalnews

She also did DNA testing on a swab under Richardson's bed. There was evidence of someone elses's DNA in that swab other than Richardson's. But said she can not say who
@journalnews

Lauren Pack@LPack JN
Rittgers now crossing the scientist.
@journalnews

Rittgers is saying the prosecutors and investigators knew before submitting the DNA who the father was.
@journalnews

The scientist says she did not do touch DNA on items, such as a lighter, that was taken from the Richardson home.
@journalnews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member