OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in shallow grave, Carlisle, 7 May 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More text messages between #SkylarRichardson and her mom in the days after she gave birth. Lots of talk about her mom being happy she is losing weight so SR can rock her clothes @Local12

10:42pm - 9/9/19

Angenette Levy on Twitter

These texts are bizarre. I have daughters close in age to Skylar, and can't imagine communicating with them like that.

I think she's going to walk. If they can't get her on tampering they can't get her on abuse of a corpse. That was a strong charge I felt. I'm now thinking she's going to walk, totally.

And tampering would be burying to hide 1, 2 or 3. So what element wasn't proved?

I asked the same earlier -- judge doesn't believe prosecution met burdened of proof.

Huh? There's no dispute BSR buried/concealed the body of baby.

Is it that coroner didn't emphasize BSR hiding evidence and delaying discovery of remains prevented them from determining definitive COD?

This is a message that was deleted from #SkylarRichardson’s phone. This message is from her mom, the day before her gynecologist appt in which she found out she was pregnant. Her mom said she is sick about it, too, but she has to do what is best for her future @Local12

11:04pm

Attachments

• ECABC5A4-310C-4343-8C30-6EF4B034B341.jpeg
    ECABC5A4-310C-4343-8C30-6EF4B034B341.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 94
I think she's going to walk. If they can't get her on tampering they can't get her on abuse of a corpse. That was a strong charge I felt. I'm now thinking she's going to walk, totally.

And tampering would be burying to hide 1, 2 or 3. So what element wasn't proved?

Maybe she'll get endangering child for not following up with appointment after she received confirmation she was pregnant, and taking bc pills knowing she was pregnant (intending to harm).

Sentenced to probation....

I do think jury is offended, wants to hold her accountable for something, but doesn't want to ruin her life.

MOO

This is a message that was deleted from #SkylarRichardson’s phone. This message is from her mom, the day before her gynecologist appt in which she found out she was pregnant. Her mom said she is sick about it, too, but she has to do what is best for her future @Local12

11:04pm

After reading this deleted message from KR, I think she knew BSR was pregnant before receiving the doctor email, but maybe thought BSR was much earlier in her pregnancy?

By the way this message was worded, (“Planned Parenthood”, “surgeon”) it sounds like KR thought BSR was going to the doctor for an abortion?

JMO

Last edited:
Ditto. I'm convinced she planned to make sure that baby didn't survive. I believe she suffocated it. I believe she had zero feeling for the child and was relieved when she shed the baby and discarded her naked in a pit.

But I don't think there's probably enough to prove murder. She's lucky. The body was found too late.
my thoughts exactly!

JMHO

BBM... yes, just as I'm sure many of us have, I read quite a few of them over and over. :(:eek: The content of them is absolutely astounding, and speaking only for myself, it was even more difficult trying to read them with all the "text speak", especially from Mom. Sorry, but a woman in her her 40s using "U" for you, "UR" for you're, etc.??? ITA with so many of you that Mom was indeed trying with all her might to relive her youth as a cute, little, thin blonde teen and doing so vicariously through her daughter, even down to her verbage. UGH. Just ugh. MOO.

Such sad, sick, dysfunctional family dynamics, and we're only seeing it from the outside. IMHO, it's beyond dreadful to think of what life was like in that household on a day to day basis. And WOW... I had never tied the two together, but I also agree with the extremely insightful thought that this type of situation is quite similar to where the Ramsey family would have been in another 10- 15 years. Very, very interesting observation.

OMG, and that is the first time I have ever seen that "cheer" photo of BSR... age FIVE??? Sent shivers through my brain. JMO. MOO.

Also, someone pointed out how the mom often used "I" when she should have been using "you", or as she uses, "u". Super Freudian, disturbing and bizarre. Talk about enmeshment.

I'm very creeped out.

Maybe she'll get endangering child for not following up with appointment after she received confirmation she was pregnant, and taking bc pills knowing she was pregnant
(intending to harm).

her life is already ruined

I do think jury is offended, wants to hold her accountable for something, but doesn't want to ruin her life.

MOO

Reactions: osu
4249734b-f44c-4a26-ac8d-93b90124c59d-jpeg.203423

Haaaa -- I knew Brandon's mom was probably questioning her weight-- likely suspected BSR was pregnant!

Last edited:
After reading this deleted message from KR, I think she knew BSR was pregnant before receiving the doctor email, but maybe thought BSR was much earlier in her pregnancy?

By the way this message was worded, (“Planned Parenthood”, “surgeon”) it sounds like KR thought BSR was going to the doctor for an abortion?

JMO

Yes, this is what I suggested above. Certainly makes you wonder.

Maybe she'll get endangering child for not following up with appointment after she received confirmation she was pregnant, and taking bc pills knowing she was pregnant (intending to harm).

MOO
I'm not an expert on child endangerment in Ohio but I think the charges on that are predicated on the prosecution theory that baby was born alive and Skylar acted in such a way then to endanger her under the statute. I'm pretty sure it doesn't apply to prenatal acts or omissions like not getting an ultrasound. Also re taking BC pills when preg even Dr Andrew testified that would not have likely harmed the baby prenatally at that stage of pregnancy.

JMO

Yes, this is what I suggested above. Certainly makes you wonder.

I didn't read it that way.

I believe mom is saying that she's sick about the reality she's sending her little girl to mom's own OB-GYN for the purpose of obtaining bc.

She tells reluctant BSR that her other option is PP -- but doesn't recommend them because they are not quality doctors. Tells her she'll have to pay out of pocket for PP visit.

I believe she's referring to her own doctor when she says [m]y doctor is a surgeon and has been doing this for years. (He's superior over PP).

Mom upset having to face the fact that BSR is sexually active, but wants to be sure she's protected from pregnancy-- now and while at college.

I also believe these feelings are shared by many mothers when they're facing their only daughter leaving home for the first time.

MOO

Last edited:
I was wondering about what would've happened if she went into labor during the day. But thinking of other cases they just left the body in a toilet and went on dancing or whatever. It's odd. I can't imagine giving birth like that. It seems impossible to just drop a baby into a toilet and go dance. What about the pain? The blood? The placenta? The sweating? All the possible complications to the mother? How the hell can it happen that fast all the time? And no noise with any of them? Or emergencies that arise with the mom?

I mean we are talking about a level of fear of being found out that seems to override the need to moan and cuss or whatever. And I know not everyone carries on loudly during birth but not everyone is silent either. Yet these young women universally have silent births.

Maybe we just don't hear of the cases where the girl suddenly goes into labor while out to dinner and 911 is called and the jig is up.

I think the bolded is the case. Those that make noise, have complications or give into the need for help end up found out.

Your last sentence... “he had no choice”.... so true! we aren’t even hearing about that. This was his child also; he may have wanted to raise her and keep her. Males don’t get enough credit. He lost his baby.Think about that.Does he have recourse? JMO

I wonder if he could file a wrongful death claim? He probably doesn't want to go through all that, but I do wonder if it would be legally possible.

I don't recall anything about pageants but when news first broke in 2017 - childhood friend recounted they were in preschool gymnastics, dance classes, and there were also photos provided by family of BSR in cheer leader outfit from about age 5.

BSR was reportedly a flygirl on the HS cheer squad so I think its reasonable to assume she continued with gymnastics and worked out often.

I also believe BSR had long developed strong core muscles (pelvic floor muscles, transversus abdominis, multifidus, internal and external obliques, rectus abdominis, erector spinae (sacrospinalis) especially the longissimus thoracis, and the diaphragm) that definitely helped with her posture and ability to hide her pregnancy until later stage. She comments about these muscles, posture, in her post pregnancy texts with mom and how she'll look fantastic for Destin [Florida?]

skylar-cheer-comp-1520975213.jpg

childhood photos of skylar richardson in cheer outfits - Google Search:

Especially that posture thing. I think she was likely slouching her shoulders to kind of tuck her belly in. Her mom must've been bugging her about it because she mentioned in a text that she "got her shoulders back".

After all the interrogation videos, I'm most baffled with BSR sticking to her story that she DID NOT cut the umbilical cord.

In her responses, it's like her baby was born without one! She finally referenced the cord in today's video replay, and how maybe it was around the baby's neck. (I recall when dad asked the same at first interrogation, her response was firmly No).

Did she really have a lotus birth? Maybe BSR left the baby inside the toilet until placenta expelled.

While I don't believe there's any truth to alleged burning or attempts to cremate baby, if not drowned in toilet, I do think it's plausible BSR smothered baby squeezing baby tight to her chest to also prevent her from making any sound.

Or maybe she used the plastic bag that she later collected the towels in to throw away far from home.

Lastly, the defense wants us to believe that BSR did not make any preparations for the birth of baby, or tell her parents about pregnancy -- because she believed (as of April 26, 2017 appointment) that she still had 10 weeks.

Most ridiculous statement of the entire trial! If my math correct - that would place delivery at end of September, and not even BSR so gullible to believe pregnancy lasts 13 months!

MOO

The umbilical cord thing is truly strange. It really makes me think she did have a lotus birth.

The question has crossed my mind is Brandon & his family still visiting her family? Are they still together after all this time?

Rumor has it, yes. But, I can't confirm that. I was hoping he'd testify if they were still together or not.

Does anyone think it's possible that the mother suspected BSR was pregnant, but thought/assumed she was earlier in the pregnancy (i.e. the baby was Brandon's)? I find it difficult to believe, especially after reading the text messages, that the mother was not aware (or at least very strongly suspicious) of the pregnancy. And her text about how BSR could go to Planned Parenthood, but her doctor is a surgeon, and she is sick about it but "I have to do what is best for ur future so U will have one" makes it sound like her mother thought she would be having an abortion. Obviously she would have been way past the time where that would have been possible with the actual conception date, but maybe her mother assumed she had not become sexually active until she began to get serious with Brandon, and thought the "tummy" was a much earlier pregnancy? Then thought/assumed that BSR had an abortion, and that's why her "tummy" went away?

I absolutely do not think KR thought she was having an abortion. She was sick that her little girl was having sex and could potentially have a baby and crew up there perfect image. That was the only thing that was making her sick, IMO.

Ditto. I'm convinced she planned to make sure that baby didn't survive. I believe she suffocated it. I believe she had zero feeling for the child and was relieved when she shed the baby and discarded her naked in a pit.

But I don't think there's probably enough to prove murder. She's lucky. The body was found too late.

Exactly. That baby WAS born alive. I'd stake my next paycheck on it. Nowhere near enough evidence to prove it, though.

I really don't understand the dropping of only that charge, either. I'll have to go back and watch that part, but it's really confusing.

I'm telling you I think this could've been all part of some sick thing with the mother to punish the daughter for being sexually active or gaining weight. It's a leap but what I've seen from the mother daughter dynamic has left me cold. It's creepy.

I agree. She didn't WANT BSR to be comfortable. She wanted her to go through some trauma. Gross.

We're just gonna have to disagree on an overall interpretation of Skylar's behavior.

On this specific sequence relating to the BC, though:

1. I agree she likely didn't intend to have a pelvic exam. Before the appt, she googled what to expect would happen at the OB/GYN, and in another search, what happens when you're pregnant and go to a OB/GYN.

She told her mother she didn't want to go to the appt, and told her over and over and over she was scared. I think that was absolutely the truth. Maybe that was the best Skylar could do to reach out to her mother for help. It was Kim who connected Skylar's fear to the pelvic exam. (Don't see as manipulative).

2. I don't see how asking the DR for BC pills was manipulative. She may have held out hope she really wasn't pregnant, but in any case, her mother had ordered her to get BC pills. She couldn't walk out without the pills.

3. Nah, definitely don't see the pills as "ammunition" she used against/to manipulate her mother.

She simply plain vanilla flat out lied to her mother about the pills.

It's her mother's response to the communication about the pills & pregnancy that is twisted. She had to have invaded Skylar's privacy to have accessed that info. It wasn't sent to Kim. It was sent to Skylar.

IMO, if (and that's an IF) Kim was convinced by Skylar that Skylar wasn't really pregnant, it was either because Kim was in denial (not likely, in my reading of her), or because Kim genuinely couldn't fathom the possibility that even though she had " done everything right," Skylar hadn't been kept in fully in line.

Again, I think KR was SO worried about appearances that her denial was very strong. I think when BSR walked out with those pills it reinforced her denial and she was thrilled.

These texts are bizarre. I have daughters close in age to Skylar, and can't imagine communicating with them like that.

I'm closer in age to my daughter than KR is to BSR. My daughter is a bit younger but I cannot fathom talking that way to each other. My daughter would think I've lost my mind. And, we're pretty close. In a healthy way, though...

MOO

I agree with this. They'll want to hold her to something and I think the endangering is about all they can prove. Stillborn or not, she should've gotten help for that baby.

For those convinced that BSR murdered her baby, do you believe life imprisonment without the possibility of parole is an appropriate sentence for this crime? Someone much earlier in the thread mentioned another case in Ohio, where Emile Weaver was convicted of murdering her newborn after delivering her in the sorority house bathroom. She got life without parole. Honestly, I find that sentence appalling, even in light of the clear evidence in that case that the baby was born alive, but perhaps I'm in the minority on that. I am not sure what the verdict will be in this case, but I hope the sentence is nothing like the one in the Weaver case.

Mother convicted of killing newborn on college campus will not be granted parole

For those convinced that BSR murdered her baby, do you believe life imprisonment without the possibility of parole is an appropriate sentence for this crime? Someone much earlier in the thread mentioned another case in Ohio, where Emile Weaver was convicted of murdering her newborn after delivering her in the sorority house bathroom. She got life without parole. Honestly, I find that sentence appalling, even in light of the clear evidence in that case that the baby was born alive, but perhaps I'm in the minority on that. I am not sure what the verdict will be in this case, but I hope the sentence is nothing like the one in the Weaver case.

Mother convicted of killing newborn on college campus will not be granted parole

If they can prove the child was alive? Yes, I do. What do you think an appropriate sentence would be and why?

If they can prove the child was alive? Yes, I do. What do you think an appropriate sentence would be and why?

Honestly, I'm not sure. Maybe somewhere between 5-15 years? It is horrible that Weaver (and maybe Richardson) murdered an innocent and defenseless baby, but I guess there is a part of me that also understands the fear, lack of support, and disassociation that these young women were experiencing. Not that this makes their actions in any way acceptable, and certainly a significant punishment is warranted. But I guess life imprisonment without the possibility of parole just seems excessive to me.

I think anything close to life would be excessive. But I don't know the answer. 7-10 and out with good behavior in 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briankap