OH OH - ANTHONY SOWELL, 11 bodies unearthed at his Cleveland home, 2007-09 *dies in prison 2021*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ON MSNBC this morning, Clint VAn Zant, the FBI profiler was on. He confirmed that they have now found another victim, bringing total to SEVEN. Five they can confirm were strangled. he also stated that neighbors complained of "smell of death" emanating from the house and that it actually emanated off of him. YOu could smell it on him whenever he was outside. Also reported that he was accused of rape last year, but since the woman that accused him was also a criminal, LE just dropped the ball. He said that if LE would have investigated that rape further, it definitely would have allowed them to search his home and this could have been discovered sooner, or perhaps some would have been saved.

I"ve included the link to MSNBC, but this interview is not on it yet. I watched this about 10:30 EST.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

Pat Brown weighs in. I gather this guy had a dating website asking women to come and be tortured by him?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M54jFcPO7Cg&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Criminal Profiler on Ohio Murders[/ame]

I would think the smell of dead bodies would be enough probable cause. I'm confused about the details on the Sept 22nd victim. I've seen details where she jumped off the balcony and was injured and EMT's responded. Did she make a report right away? Did she report the smell then? Why didn't LE arrest him that day? Why did it take over a month to get a search warrant? Either we are missing a whole lot of details or LE and the probation department dropped the ball big time on this one. Not that it would have saved any of the previous victims tho.

BBM

Remember, AS wasn't on probation. He served his full sentence.

ON MSNBC this morning, Clint VAn Zant, the FBI profiler was on. He confirmed that they have now found another victim, bringing total to SEVEN. Five they can confirm were strangled. he also stated that neighbors complained of "smell of death" emanating from the house and that it actually emanated off of him. YOu could smell it on him whenever he was outside. Also reported that he was accused of rape last year, but since the woman that accused him was also a criminal, LE just dropped the ball. He said that if LE would have investigated that rape further, it definitely would have allowed them to search his home and this could have been discovered sooner, or perhaps some would have been saved.

I"ve included the link to MSNBC, but this interview is not on it yet. I watched this about 10:30 EST.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

Seven? He did say he lost count. The poor families of the victims.

We have a couple of threads on this topic. I'm going to see if we can combine them all.

I don't know why I am having problems copying and pasting links from this site, but there are two videos at the below link:
http://www.woio.com/global/Category.asp?c=177485

Cleveland, OH - Police will take DNA samples from a suspected serial killer and search his previous residences for other victims.

19 Action News Reporter Tiffani Tucker has the very latest - New at Noon. More>>

CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - 19 Action News has learned there is a possible 7th victim at the "House of Horror." More>>

Body Count: Cleveland Police, Coroner Work to Identify Six Bodies
Posted: Nov 01, 2009 2:43 PM EST
Updated: Nov 02, 2009 12:13 PM EST

Inside Suspected Serial Killer Anthony Sowell's Home
1:34

CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - The nightmare on Cleveland's southeast side continues to unravel this hour. The decomposing bodies of six woman unearthed at Anthony Sowell's Imperial Avenue home last week.

The Cleveland Police Department and the Cuyahoga County Coroner's office are working to identify the victims - all but one died of strangulation. Police plan to seek a warrant to take DNA from Sowell as well as track Sowell's residential history since his June, 2005 prison release....

http://www.woio.com/Global/story.asp?S=11422359

He says he lost count. I wonder what he's told them to make them track his residential history since 05. Imperial must have been his main address, but I wonder if he would stay elsewhere from time to time. He sounds like a complete bum, it would be nothing for him to camp out on someone's couch for days at a time. Probably wore his welcome out many times. Maybe his sister's house, maybe friend's houses, maybe a mere acquaintance. I get the feeling he wouldn't care who it was he was inconveniencing, as long as it suited his wants and needs. It sickens me to think how many woman this WIMP was able to freely brutalize. It scares me to think of how many more there are like him.

I wonder if he isn't responsible for any of the male missing persons in the area or elsewhere, depending on his whereabouts? I wouldn't put it past him to do away with anyone that got in his way. He may have only buried/hidden female victims on the property to keep as "trophies" but would possibly get rid of any male victims in a different manner as they don't "mean" as much to him. Meaning, he wasn't seeking male victims, only female. I hope LE isn't quick to assume his only victims are female. I hope he is talking, talking, talking. Do we have any history of AS besides his prison time? What is his criminal history? Education? Marriages? Children? Troubled Childhood? Where is his biological mother? If she is deceased, manner/year of death?

this is crazy! i can't believe this isn't all over the news. i was reading the Sunday paper and it was just a little blurb in the "other news around the country" section. about a paragraph...i wonder if he will be connected to other murders besides those found at his house. i guess the media doesn't feel these murdered woman are important enough to be reported on....too sad. i feel for all of their families...

November 2, 2009 12:12 PM
Rapist Anthony Sowell Cruised Sex Fetish Site While Dead Bodies Rotted in His Cleveland Home

NEW YORK (CBS/AP) Crimesider has discovered that Anthony Sowell, the convicted rapist, now suspected of murdering six women who's badly decomposed bodies, police say, were found in his Cleveland home, cruised an online sex fetish website where he described himself as a "master" looking for a submissive person "to train."

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/11/02/crimesider/entry5495923.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody

So very sad. People care about these women, even if LE didn't/doesn't, I care about these women and their families and it's not even my job to do so. They have families that love them and it makes me so sad that they were the only ones really searching, all along. There's minimal missing persons information available on most of the women that are missing from that area. He's a KNOWN VIOLENT SEX OFFENDER and it takes them over 4 weeks to even assign an officer to the case to obtain a search warrant for the offense on 9/22?????? Are they actually serious, right now??

November 2, 2009 12:12 PM
Rapist Anthony Sowell Cruised Sex Fetish Site While Dead Bodies Rotted in His Cleveland Home

NEW YORK (CBS/AP) Crimesider has discovered that Anthony Sowell, the convicted rapist, now suspected of murdering six women who's badly decomposed bodies, police say, were found in his Cleveland home, cruised an online sex fetish website where he described himself as a "master" looking for a submissive person "to train."

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/11/02/crimesider/entry5495923.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody

Computer skills, Internet access. hmmmmm.....
IMO

Local families of the missing are submitting DNA samples -- four so far. With any luck, some of those will pan out.

Nothing really new in the local news otherwise.

that NY times article linked above is very frightening and also made me very angry!! ahh, "inner city" - screw em, seems to be the attitude of the PD. i really don't understand why he couldn't have been immediately arrested in the Sept. incident. can you imagine, getting raped inside of persons home, escaping and going to the police saying this person did it and nothing being done for over a month?!! it just blows me away. regarding sowell, it really seems that he had reached a frenzy....i feel so sorry for the women that encountered him, they no doubt died a horrible death...

that NY times article linked above is very frightening and also made me very angry!! ahh, "inner city" - screw em, seems to be the attitude of the PD. i really don't understand why he couldn't have been immediately arrested in the Sept. incident. can you imagine, getting raped inside of persons home, escaping and going to the police saying this person did it and nothing being done for over a month?!! it just blows me away. regarding sowell, it really seems that he had reached a frenzy....i feel so sorry for the women that encountered him, they no doubt died a horrible death...

I agree on all counts. It's just disgusting.

Maybe if they were cute blonde college students they'd get more attention?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BecStar
Back