GUILTY OH - Brian Michael Rini, charged with impersonating a long-missing child, Apr 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just want to know how he came up with all of Timmothy’s information right off the top of his head. Was this planned?
That's what con men do, and I think this perp is a con man. Maybe he has mental health issues.....but to me, at this point, I think he's a plain ol' con man.

Con men are quick thinking and use details they gather to seem credible. I'm guessing this perp saw the recent show about Timmothy and had that info stashed in his head....I bet he has plenty of other stories and details to pull out as well. He's been arrested a few times, but I bet he's pulled other cons and didn't get arrested. I don't think he has any particular interest in Timmothy.

Very disappointed with the developments of this. I was expecting some celebrating on the thread tonight. Alas.

Gotta hand it to WSers though....there were people here yesterday pointing out that there was something not right about his story. Some of you have very well-oiled hinky meters!! (I did think/hope it was him.)

jmo

OH PLEASE, I have all three and I don't pretend to be missing children. That is a bad excuse.

Yep. I've got Aspergers, ADHD and clinical depression. None of which make you tell humongous lies like this. Autism isn't a mental illness. Not that having a mental illness makes you a career liar and criminal like this. But as usual, we get blamed because it's just easier.

This mugshot business is driving me crazy. PLEASE, anyone, comment.

Let's look again:

Timmothy
tdy_news_mott_pitzen_190404_1920x1080.1000;563;7;70;5.jpg

Street guy/alleged faker imbiggened
1904042208-Hoax-Brian-Rini-Made-Up-Timmothy-Pitzen-Story_hires.jpg

Rini #1 Dark hair, brown eyes
810defaa-2672-4de2-9dd8-9c35ff5d422e-jpeg.178020

Rini #2 Blonde hair, blue/green/hazel eyes
timmothy-pitzer-hoaxer-jpg.178040

My Life photo (sanpaku eyes, just like above)
126L.jpg

So, if that My Life pic is right, it matches the blonde guy, Rini #2, but Rini #1, the brown eyed guy is the one most shown in news pics. Something is fishy here!

I think the answer is simple he was homeless and wanted to go back to jail.He did what he knew best to con people.I'm sure his family washed their hands of him long ago.He probably had no where to go and was hungry.Where he had been staying since he got out of jail is a mystery unless some of his cell mates hooked him up with their con friends.Maybe that's what he was running from.They said he had bruises on his face.He could also have punched himself in the face rather than being punched by someone else.Regardless I feel bad for the family of Timmothy who he victimized all over again.

As far as the mugshots go, I assumed the older one of the guy with lighter hair and eyes was one of the three other guys who threw the party in a house Rini claimed to be buying a couple years ago.

That's what con men do, and I think this perp is a con man. Maybe he has mental health issues.....but to me, at this point, I think he's a plain ol' con man.

Con men are quick thinking and use details they gather to seem credible. I'm guessing this perp saw the recent show about Timmothy and had that info stashed in his head....I bet he has plenty of other stories and details to pull out as well. He's been arrested a few times, but I bet he's pulled other cons and didn't get arrested. I don't think he has any particular interest in Timmothy.

Very disappointed with the developments of this. I was expecting some celebrating on the thread tonight. Alas.

Gotta hand it to WSers though....there were people here yesterday pointing out that there was something not right about his story. Some of you have very well-oiled hinky meters!! (I did think/hope it was him.)

jmo

Assuming what the brother said was accurate, he has bipolar and possibly other mental health issues. So that I believe. But that's not the reason he did this. He likes scams and has a history of this. I was also asking earlier if this was pre-planned. I'm thinking he possibly heard of Timmothy's case on a podcast or tv show. There have been plenty of them. Or its possible he went and googled missing kids. What I am hung up on is if this was all pre-planned. If it was, why? He doesn't seem to have done a very good job. Given he legit beat up I'm thinking he came up with this on the spur of the moment. Maybe he had already heard of Timmothy. I'm a bit unclear how long after he ran after people on the street he started saying he was him. I am curious if he had a cell phone. I don't know many 24 year olds that go anywhere with out one. If he had one, he could have looked up Timmothy or just missing kids in general on it. His wikipedia page has his parents names and his b-day right at the top. Pretty sure his page on sites like Charley does as well.

As far as the mugshots go, I assumed the older one of the guy with lighter hair and eyes was one of the three other guys who threw the party in a house Rini claimed to be buying a couple years ago.

Well, that appears to be Brian Rini, 23, of Ohio:

Brian Rini (M), 23 - Massillon, OH | Background Report at MyLife.com®

So, who is the dark haired and eyed guy (Rini #1) shown in so many news reports?

eta: Rini #1, dark hair & eyes, looks like the guy/brother in the FB interview (I could only see a still shot as the video wouldn't play for me).

sadly this is not the first time someone has perpetrated a cruel hoax by pretending to be a missing child. Unfortunately, it probably won't be the last. I remember years ago when I found a social media page of someone claiming to be Morgan Nick. I was so excited that she could possibly be her. I was sucked in. LE soon found it was someone who had stolen her identity down to her birthdate. Then today I saw where someone had pretended to be Shannon Sherrill. She even sent letters and stuff to the father. I don't understand how someone could be so cruel to a parent who lives day to day wondering what happened to their child. It just amazes me in a gut retching way. CNN.com - Missing girl claim a 'cruel hoax' - Jul. 30, 2003

Rini #1 looks like his brother. Apparently Brian ended up illegally using his brother's name for a traffic stop, and when his brother didn't show up to court he was arrested. That would explain the mugshot.
The rest of them look like Brian though.

The rest of them meaning...?

One guy is light eyed and the other has dark eyes. They're different people.

I had to laugh--he had a reputation score of 0.00! I've never seen that on anyone before!

While that site is useful, I don't like it. It's based upon the People's Republic of China's citizen reputation score scheme. In China, if you're score is too low, you can't even travel.

Last edited:
Hmmm, agreed. I just went back and watched the video at the fox news link @osu posted above, and it showed photos of all 4 guys. That Rini is consistent with the other lighter-haired Rini pictures. So confusing!

I can't do cognitive dissonance and I need to know who Rini #1 is and why his mug is plastered all over.

I have a couple of thoughts after the ups & downs of the last day or so:

- Timmothy’s name and story have been brought to the attention of a huge number of people today, which is always good in any MP case but especially in ‘cold’ cases, IMO.

New eyes, or renewed ones may help; there have been some great suggestions just in these threads.

- it’s been a reminder to me personally to remember to trust my gut/hinky meter (while keeping an open mind of course).

Brian Rini (@BrianRini) | Twitter Don't forget the picture from his twitter account! It matches Rini #2 and the My Life photo so that's probably him.

Right. What's bizarre is is blonde Rini (#2) must have bleached his eyebrows when he bleached his hair. Scott Peterson did that but Rini is supposed to be some mentally ill and, maybe homeless, guy. Quite a lot of beauty shop for a guy like that, eh?

Rini #1 is still all over in news reports.

And, the guy by the car - who do you think he looks like?

Last edited:
I have a couple of thoughts after the ups & downs of the last day or so:

- Timmothy’s name and story have been brought to the attention of a huge number of people today, which is always good in any MP case but especially in ‘cold’ cases, IMO.

New eyes, or renewed ones may help; there have been some great suggestions just in these threads.

- it’s been a reminder to me personally to remember to trust my gut/hinky meter (while keeping an open mind of course).

What does your hinky meter say about the two different Rinis? How about the guy next to the car?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz
Back