OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 Apr 2006 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Several years ago out of curiosity I did some sleuthing and went back through old Yelp posts for the Sunflower Market and Mad Mexx and the Gateway theatre, and I discovered that a Yelp user reported an awful stench detectable within the theatre not long after Brian disappeared, very near where Brian was last seen on video. The Yelper assumed the small kitchen area in the theatre was the culprit, which is understandable. The entrance to the theatre was, like the entrance to UTS, at the top of the escalator. You'll find my post on it circa 2017 (or was it 2016?).

Thank you both, very much, for the information and links.

@lisette

:rolleyes::eek::eek::eek:
????? Yes, thank you...l was going to say that, @windrower..Thanks for your help, though:/

My apologies for not being clear. I wasn’t telling you to say thank you! I tagged you because I wanted to be sure you saw the replies, since you had specifically asked about a link to the stench report. (Or at least, I thought that’s what I was doing with using the @.)

I said thank you, for myself, to itsrak and dotr because I am extremely grateful when others have info at hand, or can find it quickly.

At any rate, I’ve never read that an explanation for the stench was ever made (maybe it was never investigated by building managers or LE?), and the timing of the stench seems a bit too coincidental to Brian going missing.

So sorry, windrower...I misunderstood and overreacted. I didn't mean to put all those emojis...I don't know how that happened.Thank you for trying to let me know about the links. It is very interesting, and I wish it would be investigated further. Please forgive me for my snarkiness. I've had a bad day, but no excuse...

If he didn't make it out of the building then why did LE dogs track him through the construction zone and outside to near Wendys?

Also, can anyone elaborate or quote what the family member said on FB about an update regarding Brian???

I believe he made it outside that night, via the CZ and then got in a car.

MOO.

So sorry, windrower...I misunderstood and overreacted. I didn't mean to put all those emojis...I don't know how that happened.Thank you for trying to let me know about the links. It is very interesting, and I wish it would be investigated further. Please forgive me for my snarkiness. I've had a bad day, but no excuse...

No worries at all. It’s hard to “hear” the tone of a post, and we’ve all misinterpreted a post at one time or another.

I don’t get too riled up, I just try to set things right, and remember most of us are here for the same reason—to be a presence for the invisible, and help them any way we can.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I completely understand if Brian wanted to walk away. Many, many people wish to at some point or another. <modsnip: off topic>

It happens. But, if he has gone and is reading this at all, please make your presence known, Brian.
We have thousands of people combing the internet and other various avenues trying to find you. If you haven't been harmed and just needed to get away, those people could be spending time searching for other people. Children. Women who have been harmed and their children need to know what happened. Tons, upon tons of people who need eyes out for them.
Please Brian, please, if you are out there and you see this, the storm caused by you "returning" will be over quickly. Your family will forgive you and understand. They will ultimately just be happy you are ok and have returned.
But, please if you are out there and see this allow dedicated folks around the world focus on cases that need it.

<modsnip: off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
Excerpt from The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for..."
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are considered rumor. They are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don't mention them.
  • Posts by an owner or admin may be copied, quoted or paraphrased. This refers primarily to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, announcements by law enforcement, the admin of a group support page, and immediate family IF they are known to be members of the admin or moderating team.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...": If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

If you do not understand the above rule, please private message a Mod or Admin and we will clarify for you.

So anyway, if he is out there
and he had an ocean in his mind
It was probably that He'd give the world if he could find
A sailing ship and leave the past behind.
Now he didn't say adieu
and that's killing me, I'm telling you.
But, when freedom calls what can a person do?
He may have felt the winds of change goo stealing through his heart and soul.
I know how wild it seems.
But like in love songs and in nursery rhymes, on movie screens, and in fairy tales lie broken dreams
Life's broken dreams
Love's broken dreams

:D Maybe Brian just absolutely needed to get away.

Here's a thought:

* I believe Brian is alive by the way. This might seem far fetched but something similar happened in the UK*

What if Brian was tired, really drunk and entered the construction zone. Upon entering, he finds a box or even a bin to go to sleep inside of. It could even have been an idea for a prank (burst out of a box/bin jump scare) if he thought those two girls were going to follow him (they can't remember what they discussed with Brian that night) into there not long after he left the CCTV picture.

Brian gets into a box or bin to sleep or jump scare etc but something hits him on the head, for example a lead pipe or blunt construction object, that knocks him out cold or even kills him. When the construction work resumes, this box or bin is just carried out of the complex as normal before being disposed of in a land fill.

Sounds daft , I know, but something similar *apparently* happened to a missing airman over here in the UK. He *apparently* climbed into a bin after a night out to sleep in and was crushed inside a bin lorry, before being taken out to a landfill.

Can someone remind me, how long after Brian went missing did construction workers have access to the complex??

I know Brian's phone turned itself off like a minute or so after he disappeared from camera, but maybe he did that intentionally to go along with jumping out/scaring the girls? He would surely have known his phone would've rang as Clint and Meredith would've called, which would have given away his position??

Here is the missing airman and I say *apparently* above because his Mother insists the bin theory is wrong:

Corrie McKeague died after getting into waste bin, UK inquest hears

And here is an example of what I mean about maybe him (Brian) climbing into a bin or box to scare the girls. Please excuse the stupid mask, it's just the only one I could find.

Skip to about 1 minute 2 seconds:

I know this theory sounds totally ridiculous, but you just never know. Was Brian known to be a prankster?? Didn't one of the girls say she went into the construction zone when Brian was talking to them, to take a phone call?

Perhaps he thought she'd do it again and he could jump out at her as a prank. Or maybe he told them to come and meet him back there (if they don't recall what they were talking about with Brian then it's a possibility) after the bar had fully shut and they could leave together etc.

I get it's a daft theory but it popped into my head the other day, I obsess over this case!!

Here's a thought:

* I believe Brian is alive by the way. This might seem far fetched but something similar happened in the UK*

What if Brian was tired, really drunk and entered the construction zone. Upon entering, he finds a box or even a bin to go to sleep inside of. It could even have been an idea for a prank (burst out of a box/bin jump scare) if he thought those two girls were going to follow him (they can't remember what they discussed with Brian that night) into there not long after he left the CCTV picture.

Brian gets into a box or bin to sleep or jump scare etc but something hits him on the head, for example a lead pipe or blunt construction object, that knocks him out cold or even kills him. When the construction work resumes, this box or bin is just carried out of the complex as normal before being disposed of in a land fill.

Sounds daft , I know, but something similar *apparently* happened to a missing airman over here in the UK. He *apparently* climbed into a bin after a night out to sleep in and was crushed inside a bin lorry, before being taken out to a landfill.

Can someone remind me, how long after Brian went missing did construction workers have access to the complex??

I know Brian's phone turned itself off like a minute or so after he disappeared from camera, but maybe he did that intentionally to go along with jumping out/scaring the girls? He would surely have known his phone would've rang as Clint and Meredith would've called, which would have given away his position??

Here is the missing airman and I say *apparently* above because his Mother insists the bin theory is wrong:

Corrie McKeague died after getting into waste bin, UK inquest hears

And here is an example of what I mean about maybe him (Brian) climbing into a bin or box to scare the girls. Please excuse the stupid mask, it's just the only one I could find.

Skip to about 1 minute 2 seconds:

I know this theory sounds totally ridiculous, but you just never know. Was Brian known to be a prankster?? Didn't one of the girls say she went into the construction zone when Brian was talking to them, to take a phone call?

Perhaps he thought she'd do it again and he could jump out at her as a prank. Or maybe he told them to come and meet him back there (if they don't recall what they were talking about with Brian then it's a possibility) after the bar had fully shut and they could leave together etc.

I get it's a daft theory but it popped into my head the other day, I obsess over this case!!
Not a "daft" theory, these are just a few examples of people who have fallen asleep in garbage bins then were hauled away. imo.
Man falls asleep in Fresno trash bin, gets dumped into garbage truck
''A man managed to escape serious injuries on Friday morning when he fell asleep inside a large recycling trash bin, got dumped into a garbage truck and ended up at a recycling center.

Fresno Police say the driver never knew the man was in the back of his truck.''

Falling Asleep in a Dumpster on Pickup Day…Not a Good Idea
''A 27-year old man from Portland, OR chose the wrong place to bed down after a booze-filled night. Justin Gilpatrick passed out in a cardboard recycling dumpster this past Friday instead of driving home drunk. He was smart for not driving home, but not so much for choosing a dumpster as a makeshift bed.
A Waste Management truck picked up the dumpster at about 1 am Saturday morning with Gilpatrick sleeping inside.
The most bizarre part of this story is that the recycling truck compacted the man twice, and somehow he managed to survive''

Man crushed to death in dustcart after being tipped from a wheelie bin following night of drinking | Daily Mail Online
''Mr Williams, 35, is thought to have climbed into the large communal bin - which is the size of a small skip - to sleep off an evening's drinking in Brighton.

The maths teacher and rugby coach was still in the bin when it was scooped up and its contents were tipped into the lorry's crusher.''

Florida couple falls asleep in dumpster, ends up in garbage truck
''TAMPA, Fla. - Authorities in Florida say a man and woman who were intoxicated had to be rescued after falling asleep in a dumpster that was later emptied into a garbage truck. Hillsborough County Sheriff's officials say the couple had been sleeping in a dumpster outside a convenience store near Tampa early Wednesday.''

The problem with hiding in a trash container in the construction area is there is no reason to think the girls would have traveled through the construction area. They'd have probably mentioned that if he'd told them to exit that way.

I think he is alive as well, and that he turned his phone off then because that was the moment he was taking off from everything.
He called his GF and said his version of a farewell.
I think his friend knew his plan and that is why he won't talk to police.
Brian took that alternate route (the back exit, not the escalator) to avoid running into anyone again. Made his way out of the building and is goodness knows where now.

The problem with hiding in a trash container in the construction area is there is no reason to think the girls would have traveled through the construction area. They'd have probably mentioned that if he'd told them to exit that way.
Yeah but if they now can't remember what they were talking about with Brian, maybe they did talk about it that night but now just can't remember. That's what I mean. I still think he's alive though MOO

I think he is alive as well, and that he turned his phone off then because that was the moment he was taking off from everything.
He called his GF and said his version of a farewell.
I think his friend knew his plan and that is why he won't talk to police.
Brian took that alternate route (the back exit, not the escalator) to avoid running into anyone again. Made his way out of the building and is goodness knows where now.
Could you elaborate on the 'called his GF' bit? When did he call her?? That night, or...

What was said?

Apologies if someone posted this ID channel clip, but the great Lori Davis and cleanly shaven Jon Hurst summed this case up on camera fairly well in about 10 minutes time. You’re unlikely to find a more accurate “re-enactment” and summation of events.

Also... Bringing the on Clint and deservedly so.

Apologies if someone posted this ID channel clip, but the great Lori Davis and cleanly shaven Jon Hurst summed this case up on camera fairly well in about 10 minutes time. You’re unlikely to find a more accurate “re-enactment” and summation of events.

Hurst: "No stone was left unturned".
So did they move even one shovelful of dirt in the "completely dug up" and "difficult to navigate, even sober" construction zone just feet from where Brian was last seen that Hurst hypothesized Brian may well have entered, quite possibly in a drunken state? My understanding is that the answer to that question is, strangely, no. Which to me is not at all consistent with "no stone was left unturned".

Last edited:

Definitely interesting that there was an altercation with Clint. That seems to have been dropped by investigators. Why?

I think Clint doesn't want to say anything because if he did, at the time, he would have been kicked out of University and kissed his career goodbye. I believe in my opinion that he would have had to admit to taking drugs with Brian and maybe even dealing them which would have seen him expelled. I think he knows Brian walked away but can't say anything as he would potentially lose his job as it's a serious profession he works in.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member