OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So sad & mysterious. I hope one day we will all know what happened to Brian.

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]The blood drive was held and were thankfully able to raise more than their goal. That was great news and it was nice to see everyone there, remembering Brian and his mother Renee.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]We then gathered at the Ugly Tuna and had dinner with Brian's friends and family. The candlelight vigil was very nice (though the wind was NOT working with us). All three channels were there reporting and each gave a nice amount of time on the nightly news to Brian and to the other missing.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Randy had 1,000 green balloons to represent the missing in Ohio. They were released into the air and it was a very powerful moment. Green = hope. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]I created a video for the event. Go to www.findbrianshaffer.com and it will automatically load.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Thanks so much for each of you remembering Brian and his family.[/FONT]

Could you see that Brian's family and friends view this link. If he turns up drowned it may link to this case.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s421846.shtml?v=1

Gosh, I never thought of Brian being a part of those other missing college guys but it certainly is possible.

Sunrise just posted this link earlier on the UID thread about a body found in the Olentangy near campus earlier this afternoon. I thought of Brian...I hope they can find out the gender of the body at least and then check DNA. Apparently it was pretty badly decomposed.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2008/04/26/bodyfound.html?sid=101

Could you see that Brian's family and friends view this link. If he turns up drowned it may link to this case.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s421846.shtml?v=1
That's a very scary story.
smileyface.jpg

City after city, when they'd find the spot where the body went into the water, they would find something else: The symbol of a smiley face

Where did Brian live, on what street? Did he have a reason to go near the river?

That was one of my last thoughts before I went to bed. Was he trying to walk home? Did he have to cross a bridge? So far all I'm finding is he never made it home and no address is listed anywhere.

I am not sure what street Brian lived on but most of the med students seem to live right around the OSU Medical Center which is above the line on the left hand side. Very close to the river.

Where did Brian live, on what street? Did he have a reason to go near the river?

According to a story by 10TV done in May 2006, he lived on King Avenue, which is less than a mile from the Ugly Toona Saloona. I just copied the first part of it below.

Break-In Rattles Friends, Family

May 11 2006 5:31PM

News_BrianShaffer2_160.gif
Reported by Maureen Kocot
There is a strange, new twist in the case of missing OSU medical student Brian Shaffer; someone ransacked his King Avenue apartment Thursday morning.
Police don't think the crime is connected to Shaffer's disappearance, but the break-in left friends and family shaken.
Columbus police say the disappearance of Shaffer is one of the strangest cases they have ever investigated, and it got a little stranger just before 2 a.m. Thursday.

Police say that's when someone kicked in the door of Shaffer's King Avenue apartment, and ransacked the it.

Also, here is a map from the Ugly Toona (A) to Brian's apartment (B), less than a mile apart. Fifth Avenue is straight down from King Avenue, not far at all.

MapImage

Thanks MaryBeth and sunrise, the streets are only 3 blocks apart. I wonder what contact LE has made with Brian's family. I feel so badly for them.

Here's a lovely article about Alexis from the Ohio State campus newspaper:
http://media.www.thelantern.com/med...Campus/Moving.On.From.Lost.Love-3294991.shtml

Thinking of Brian and his family on the two-year anniversary of his disappearance.

I don't see this as lovely. How many ways does this young lady say she's totally left him behind, and really hasn't thought about much but herself? I feel for Brian's family more so after reading this article; this the last link to their loving son and there seems little place in her heart for him.

C6

According to a story by 10TV done in May 2006, he lived on King Avenue, which is less than a mile from the Ugly Toona Saloona. I just copied the first part of it below.

Break-In Rattles Friends, Family

May 11 2006 5:31PM

News_BrianShaffer2_160.gif
Reported by Maureen Kocot
There is a strange, new twist in the case of missing OSU medical student Brian Shaffer; someone ransacked his King Avenue apartment Thursday morning.
Police don't think the crime is connected to Shaffer's disappearance, but the break-in left friends and family shaken.
Columbus police say the disappearance of Shaffer is one of the strangest cases they have ever investigated, and it got a little stranger just before 2 a.m. Thursday.

Police say that's when someone kicked in the door of Shaffer's King Avenue apartment, and ransacked the it.

Also, here is a map from the Ugly Toona (A) to Brian's apartment (B), less than a mile apart. Fifth Avenue is straight down from King Avenue, not far at all.

MapImage
So, according to this map, Brian didn't have to cross the bridge to get home. That's why it would be weird if he ended up in the river, unless he went intentionally to the water, of course...

I don't see this as lovely. How many ways does this young lady say she's totally left him behind, and really hasn't thought about much but herself? I feel for Brian's family more so after reading this article; this the last link to their loving son and there seems little place in her heart for him.

C6

I wouldn't say it's lovely, but I'd say it's the healthier way to go, that she is trying to move on with her life. I'm sure that if Brian came back alive, that would be her dream, but I don't see that happening. She can't pine for him the rest of her life, but I'm sure she will never forget him or stop loving him on some level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member