OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Mary Beth. In a way I am relieved, but feel for both families in this case. It is often difficult to know how to feel when a body surfaces.

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2008/04/29/juan.html?sid=101
Police may have identified body found along Olentangy

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 10:29 PM
By Dean Narciso

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH
Columbus police have released a tentative identification for the man found dead along the Olentangy River Saturday afternoon.
Homicide detectives say they think the man is Jose Juan Hernandez, a Mexican national, whose age and local address weren’t known tonight.
The body was recovered in a thicket of tree branches and debris along the west bank of the river just south of the 5th Avenue bridge about 1:20 p.m.
In the pocket of the pants on the badly decomposed body, police found a “green card” bearing the Hernandez name and a fingerprint.
Franklin County Coroner Brad Lewis said the man’s hand had been exposed to enough air to “ mummify” it, thereby possibly preserving a fingerprint.

Brian Shaffer's dad and Tony Luzio's dad made a public service announcement together. Both feel drinking has played in to their sons' disappearance. Scroll down the page and it is on NBC4i videos. I am going to bump Tony's thread.

Scroll down

http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/home.html

This case was getting quite a lot of media coverage on NG and other shows so what's the latest developments?

This case was getting quite a lot of media coverage on NG and other shows so what's the latest developments?

Unfortunately, nothing new on Brian.

His family is still fervently searching. His father organized another ground search a couple of weeks ago. Family and friends keep Brians story out there at every chance they get.

Please come support Brian Shaffer on Saturday, July 26th at FLANNAGAN'S at 6835 Caine Road, Dublin, OH. Proceeds will help support Central Ohio Crime Stopper with Finding Missing Adults, Operation Offender Surrender (sexual predators), Weekly Most Wanted, Crime of the Week, and other ongoing projects. ******Please if you or anyone you know lives in the Colombus, OH area, pass this information on to them and please attend. Everyone of you can make a difference.******

www.findbrianshaffer.com

I watched a segment about this on the E Channel, "Spring Break Nightmares" the other night. I read through this thread and some people had mentioned the band that was playing that night in the bar. On the show, it was said that some band members were the last ones that spoke with him that night. I was wondering which door the band loaded out that night, was there a camera at that entrance? Maybe he stuck around chatting with the band members as they were loading out, a bar is usually deserted at that time with a few employees just cleaning up, and he could have left with a band member(s). Any thoughts on this? My husband is in a band and people hang out all of the time talking to them about music, helping tear down equipment, etc. just trying to get to know the band.

I don't think the name of the band was ever mentioned on the show. I wish I knew, it would be easy to look them up if they had a my space or something.

has anyone been in touch with clint or meredith? maybe they know the band???

It is my understnding that both of those individuals has retained attorneys and is no longer speaking to the press, or others

Yes, they refused lie detector tests not very long after Brian went missing. I know at least one has moved out of the Columbus area. They cant make them talk if they are not under suspicion, but my gut tells me they know something. Not saying they are involved, just that they have an idea what was up that night. JMO

I still find it hard to believe there is absolutely no trace, no clues on this young man. This is such a crowded area (Gateway, Ugly Tuna) that I find it hard to understand how no one saw nothing at all.

My gut agrees with your gut. If it's true I look at it this way, there are two of them so there is a much greater chance it will come out at some point.
Mr. Shaffer and his family deserve to bring him home.

Yes, they refused lie detector tests not very long after Brian went missing. I know at least one has moved out of the Columbus area. They cant make them talk if they are not under suspicion, but my gut tells me they know something. Not saying they are involved, just that they have an idea what was up that night. JMO

I still find it hard to believe there is absolutely no trace, no clues on this young man. This is such a crowded area (Gateway, Ugly Tuna) that I find it hard to understand how no one saw nothing at all.

I agree. Why else would they clam up and lawyer up? I don't believe they were involved per se, either, but they have to know something. If that's the case, I wish for Brian's family's sake they would speak up.

I watched a segment about this on the E Channel, "Spring Break Nightmares" the other night. I read through this thread and some people had mentioned the band that was playing that night in the bar. On the show, it was said that some band members were the last ones that spoke with him that night. I was wondering which door the band loaded out that night, was there a camera at that entrance? Maybe he stuck around chatting with the band members as they were loading out, a bar is usually deserted at that time with a few employees just cleaning up, and he could have left with a band member(s). Any thoughts on this? My husband is in a band and people hang out all of the time talking to them about music, helping tear down equipment, etc. just trying to get to know the band.

My understanding is the front entrance has a camera and that video has been released. The only other exit was for employees only and that camera would be activated everytime the door opened. Brian was not seen on that camera. The only other way out would have been through construction that was going on next door. It would have been unlikely but not impossible that he went that way according to detectives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper