OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are extremely powerful quotes from the video. I just haven't stopped thinking about what the Psychic kids stated in this video with Mr. Shaffer.

Psychic Kids from the video are: Nicole, Veronica and Travis.

Nicole stated: "It wasn't suppose to be as bad as it happened."

Veronica stated: "Me and Travis, we both picked up that he was injured more than once".

http://www.aetv.com/psychic-kids/video/index.jsp

Well, I just watched the show...wow, how incredibly sad. The things they told Brian's Dad just floored me. That someone was watching, and as I posted before, that it wasn't supposed to be as bad as it was. It sounds like someone had it in for him but just wanted to "rough him up a bit" maybe and it turned ugly from there. I can't remember the names of the 2 people who were with him, a guy and a girl who lawyered up and won't say anything. I think one of them even moved away from Columbus. I wonder if she was the girl they were talking about.

About the kids, it's bad enough dealing with being a teenager. How difficult it must be for them to deal with their gifts and abilities on top of the normal teen angst. They sounded very together for their age and trying to come to grips with their abilities on top of that.

It was really a good show...as an aside, the winter backdrop made it all the more eerie.

I wanted to mention too, I felt so bad for Brian's Dad when he said the police don't tell him anything! I know they have other cases but this is a big deal in Columbus and for them not to keep the lines of communication open with Randy Shaffer is unbelievable!

Well, I just watched the show...wow, how incredibly sad. The things they told Brian's Dad just floored me. That someone was watching, and as I posted before, that it wasn't supposed to be as bad as it was. It sounds like someone had it in for him but just wanted to "rough him up a bit" maybe and it turned ugly from there. I can't remember the names of the 2 people who were with him, a guy and a girl who lawyered up and won't say anything. I think one of them even moved away from Columbus. I wonder if she was the girl they were talking about.

About the kids, it's bad enough dealing with being a teenager. How difficult it must be for them to deal with their gifts and abilities on top of the normal teen angst. They sounded very together for their age and trying to come to grips with their abilities on top of that.

It was really a good show...as an aside, the winter backdrop made it all the more eerie.

I wanted to mention too, I felt so bad for Brian's Dad when he said the police don't tell him anything! I know they have other cases but this is a big deal in Columbus and for them not to keep the lines of communication open with Randy Shaffer is unbelievable!

Clint, his supposed best friend, and Meredith, a friend of Clint's and aquaintance of Brian's who is rumored to have made a sexual advance to Brian the week before- both retained counsel following initial questioning and have refused to cooperate further with LE.

It is my personal opinion that the 2 incidents the children are referring to are his initial death, which was accidental, and then an issue with his remains following the placement of them.

Clint, his supposed best friend, and Meredith, a friend of Clint's and aquaintance of Brian's who is rumored to have made a sexual advance to Brian the week before- both retained counsel following initial questioning and have refused to cooperate further with LE.

It is my personal opinion that the 2 incidents the children are referring to are his initial death, which was accidental, and then an issue with his remains following the placement of them.

I agree..I believe his death was accidental too. I guess I always wanted to believe that whatever happened to Brian was accidental but not at the hands of someone else. I figured he left the Ugly Tuna by one of the exits that didn't have a camera, was pretty drunk and was walking near the Olentangy, possibly fell and suffered some sort of head injury. I always thought perhaps he fell into the river and that's why he hasn't been found. But watching the show has made me realize that although his death was more than likely accidental, it WAS probably at the hands of someone else. My heart just goes out to his Dad and brother. To lose their wife/mother and then son/brother within a month of each other is just horrible.

MaryBeth, I completely agree with your post.

I apologize I did not catch when you first posted in your previous post "that it wasn't suppose to be as bad as it was". I don't know how I missed it. I always look forward to hearing what you have to say. I must have been in a hurry that day.

I am in awe of the young people, Veronica, Nicole and Travis who were featured on this show. The creative gift they have been blessed with was so amazing and worthwhile. I think we got some answers. I know I have had a gut feeling about some of the "friends" that evening/morning. I really think the police need to step up to the plate here and put some pressure on these people (they know who they are).

I wonder if the Psychic Kids were taken to the Olentangy River. I know the show can't disclose all the information they have.

Thank you so much Veronica, Nicole and Travis for a job well done! I applaud you!!!

I watched Psychic kids last nite & I must say that I am extremely impressed.

I also believe that the two people who he was with that night know so much more. GOD willing someday it'll ALL come to light.

I feel so bad for his dad & brother. GOD bless that family.

MaryBeth, I completely agree with your post.

I apologize I did not catch when you first posted in your previous post "that it wasn't suppose to be as bad as it was". I don't know how I missed it. I always look forward to hearing what you have to say. I must have been in a hurry that day.

There is no need to apologize for not catching it when I previously posted about that it wasn't supposed to be as bad as it was. There are so many posts on this thread and others it's easy to fly right through them and miss something! I honestly didn't mind that you posted it too...the way I figure it, the more posts on a thread, the better. It keeps the case up at the top where maybe someone who hasn't heard about Brian will take the time to stop and read through the thread.

Thank you for saying you look forward to my posts. I didn't think anyone paid attention to what I posted! I don't have time to do a lot of research into these cases the way I would like to. There are so many other people on here who work very hard and post way better than I do. I'm always afraid I'm going to say something really stupid. But thanks again for saying that. I do appreciate it! :)

I watched Psychic kids last nite & I must say that I am extremely impressed.

I also believe that the two people who he was with that night know so much more. GOD willing someday it'll ALL come to light.

I feel so bad for his dad & brother. GOD bless that family.

I agree..I just can't believe someone can know what happened in Brian's situation and NOT go to the authorities. I know they're afraid but think of the pain and anguish Brian's family and friends are going through. They need answers!

Please come support Brian Shaffer on Saturday, July 26th at FLANNAGAN'S at 6835 Caine Road, Dublin, OH. Proceeds will help support Central Ohio Crime Stopper with Finding Missing Adults, Operation Offender Surrender (sexual predators), Weekly Most Wanted, Crime of the Week, and other ongoing projects. ******Please if you or anyone you know lives in the Colombus, OH area, pass this information on to them and please attend. Everyone of you can make a difference.******

www.findbrianshaffer.com

Saturday, July 26th at FLANNAGAN'S at 6835 Caine Road, Dublin, OH

Saturday, July 26th at FLANNAGAN'S at 6835 Caine Road, Dublin, OH

Thanks for posting this again. I really wish I could go but unfortunately I have to go out of town. I hope they have another one in the fall.

There is no need to apologize for not catching it when I previously posted about that it wasn't supposed to be as bad as it was. There are so many posts on this thread and others it's easy to fly right through them and miss something! I honestly didn't mind that you posted it too...the way I figure it, the more posts on a thread, the better. It keeps the case up at the top where maybe someone who hasn't heard about Brian will take the time to stop and read through the thread.

Thank you for saying you look forward to my posts. I didn't think anyone paid attention to what I posted! I don't have time to do a lot of research into these cases the way I would like to. There are so many other people on here who work very hard and post way better than I do. I'm always afraid I'm going to say something really stupid. But thanks again for saying that. I do appreciate it! :)

MB- the fact that you care enought to take the time to post for Brian is to be commended, I look forward your posts and any post from anyone seeking to progress justice and answers for these familes. Post away my friend..

MB- the fact that you care enought to take the time to post for Brian is to be commended, I look forward your posts and any post from anyone seeking to progress justice and answers for these familes. Post away my friend..

Blink34, thank you..

Greetings, I am new to this and after seeing Brian's story on Psychic Kids and then doing some research on my own, I came up with some questions. As a former cop, I can't help but think these questions have been asked, but I couldn't find the answers. Thanks.

*Was the video surveillance equipment property of the Ugly Tuna? On the video, it appears that the escalator may have been part of a small retail area, not just the bar (I have never been there so I have no reference).
*Were the times listed on the surveillance video verified as being accurate?
*Did taping continue after the closure of the bar (was taping done 24 hours/day)?
*If surveillance taping did not continue after the bar closed, who knew that taping would discontinue?
*If video taping continued overnight, was there ever a time when lights were off and a person could leave the bar undetected despite the video recording?
*Could Brian have been unconscious/deceased and left in the bar and moved at a later time? (Again, was the video on all the time?)
*Was the bar alarmed? If so, was it monitored by an alarm company? (If so, are there records that the alarm was set and if so, was the setting consistent with other Friday nights?)
*If alarmed, was the alarm activated at any point that night?
*Were there any windows Brian could have exited or forced through? If so, were they finger printed?
*Could Brian have been wearing a jacket or hat when he left the bar?
*Were the two women Brian was seen talking to on the video ever identified and questioned?
*Does Brian's "inner circle" feel it's suspicious that Clint and Meredith refused polygraph exams?
*Do the family/friends or police have any suspicions they are not sharing with the public so as not to arouse suspicion about a person?
*Were Clint and/or Meredith’s cars searched?
*Brian’s dad stated that Brian never carried cash. Was his credit/debit card used at all that night? (Even before he went missing)
*Was there ever a question if Brian may have been involved with someone else? What was his reputation regarding women? (Sorry, I don't mean to be insensitive)
*Was the door that went to the “construction area” locked? It doesn’t make sense that a door to a dangerous area would not be secured.
*Was the construction area an extension of the Ugly Tuna or another establishment?
*Was there any reason for any bar staff to be in that area?
*Is there a general consensus theory on what happened?

pcoor1970

Thanks for asking all of those questions. I thought I had known most everything in this case. You show me how much I do not know. Great questions.

I do believe that a member of Brians family (or close friend) does post on this thread occasionally. Maybe they will see this and can answer your question.

Again great questions and thank you.

pcoor1970 - I agree with sunrise, those were excellent questions. There are so many unanswered questions in this case and with you being a former member of LE, you knew just what to ask. I sincerely hope someone from Brian's family or some of his friends see these questions and can provide some answers.

Thanks again, and welcome to WS.

Welcome to WS, pcoor1970! I agree you have some great questions.[/quote]
*Was there ever a question if Brian may have been involved with someone else? What was his reputation regarding women? (Sorry, I don't mean to be insensitive) [/quote] I think Brian strictly dated Alexis and was very serious about her. She has moved on to another relationship recently, but I think they were both dating just each other exclusively before Brian went missing.

Link to Brian's Web site:
http://www.findbrianshaffer.com/

Thank you all for your nice comments.
Again, I would be shocked if these things hadn't been considered by the investigation team, but:
1. Did the band move their equipment after the show/bar closure? Did anyone consider Brian helped them load? Was the band selling shirts/sweathsirts that evening (I realize most bar bands don't)? If so, perhaps Brian could have put on a band t-shirt when he left (maybe even with the band). Was there video? Were any of the equipment cases large enough to hold a body?
2. Did the bar staff take out the garbage that night? If so, were the containers larger enough to hold a body (I think that alot of restaurants/bars use those big yard waste containers)? I read the dumpsters were checked, but was the garbage hauler's schedule ever considered relative to searching each dumpster? Was the nearest landfill ever searched?

I hope the silence means that the police have their eye on someone or are withholding some evidence until they build their case (could they be looking for a suspect they can't locate because they moved or live in another country? It's not uncommon to feign ignorance until the pieces are in place.) Typically, if there's more than one person involved, at least one person will succumb to their guilt.
I hope some of these questions jar a piece of the puzzle for someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper