OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, bear with me...in Enews! video (Youtube) on Brian's disappearance it is indicated that brian's address was 208 King Ave. If that's the case, then the distance between his apartment and Ugly Tuna was only half a kilometer. The short distance makes me doubt my accident theory. Ok, now I will shut up for a while :D

Ok, one more thing which for me makes this even more weird. On the ENews! video it is said that Brian and his friends came to Ugly Tuna at 1.15 a.m and last time Brian is seen on the security cameras talking to two girls is forty minutes later. That makes it 1.55 a.m. So, if Clint called him at 2 a.m and they could not find him, where did he go? Why was his phone shut down? Was it just bad luck and the battery died or what the h..ll happened?

So, if Clint called him at 2 a.m and they could not find him, where did he go? Why was his phone shut down? Was it just bad luck and the battery died or what the h..ll happened?

Those would be some of the million dollar questions!

If Clint in fact called Brian at 2 a.m then the battery must have died or Brian shut the phone down himself. I don't think there was enough time for anything else to happen.

Clint has the answers..I just wish they would interrogate him (more) and hopefully he'd crack..

Clint might not have anything to do with Brians disappearance but I do think he knows something about Brian that he doesn't want to tell because it could ruin his career. Maybe it has something to do with drugs, maybe something else, I don't know.
edit. the things Clint knows might be totally unrelated to Brian gone missing, he just doesn't want to answer some questions about Brians lifestyle, things they have done together, things he knows Brian has done in the past etc.

I am sure you all know this, but
Clint was set to take a polygraph,
but when LE declined to offer him full
immunity, he then refused.

If I knew this, Dreamweaver, I had forgotten it. Thanks for the reminder. Who needs full immunity, or any immunity? Let's think: my best friend is missing after an evening that we've spent together. No one can find him/her. LE asks me to take a polygraph, presumably to eliminate me as a suspect in a missing person's case, or to verify that the details of my story are true as I know them to be. Either way, I am helping LE check me off their list so that they can concentrate on finding my friend. What do I do?

1. I say, "Wire me up! I love my friend! I would take any risk to find her!"
2. I say, "Not without immunity."
2a. I say, "Not without full immunity."

The missing piece here is that Clint has committed some crime for which he feels he needs immunity. He is willing to have people he knew think he is a p***-poor friend, a jackass who left his buddy without a ride and exposed him to some danger, or actually a murderer in order to avoid revealing--what?
The question is--what did he do?

And a corollary question: Let's assume for a minute that Clint was Brian's friend, that he cared about him at some level. How then do we explain why he wouldn't take a polygraph?

1. He knows that Brian is no longer alive so a poly can't help "save" him. (But he is not directly responsible for the disappearance or death.)
2. He knows that Brian is no longer alive (and he is involved in some way) so mystery is his friend.
3. The consequences he would face for helping the investigation with a polygraph are higher than the consequence of not finding Brian.

It still might be that Clint hasn't anything to do with this. For example, if the battery of Brian's phone died earlier that evening, Brian could have been in the bar when Clint and Meredith left. They just could not find him and could not reach him by phone. So they left. It happens when people are partying and drunk. Brian might have left after Clint and Meredith and gotten into an accident or into a fight or somebody mugged him etc.
Clint might not want to answer any questions about Brian's life because he knows something about Brian that would not make him, and Brian, look good. Clint also might think that this information does not have anything to do with Brian's disappearance, and that might also be true. That is why Clint might think that taking the polygraph is not necessary. I'm not saying that he's doing the right thing but this might be the reason for him acting the way he does.
I don't know how probable this scenario is because we don't have the information about Brian's phone. But with the information that is public it is possible.

Brian might have left after Clint and Meredith and gotten into an accident or into a fight or somebody mugged him etc.

It could be possible that when Brian left the bar alone by himself, he was drunk. I think it's possible that he was walking home by himself.

But instead of going West of North High Street, he went East of North High Street and went into the Short North area.

The Short North area East of North High Street is not a good neighborhood for anyone to be walking alone at night.

That is why Clint might think that taking the polygraph is not necessary. I'm not saying that he's doing the right thing but this might be the reason for him acting the way he does.

I have always been on the fence about Clint's possible involvement with Brian's disappearance, but I can't see where he wouldn't think taking a polygraph was necessary. They were supposedly best friends. I just can't get past the fact that he refused the polygraph. At times, I was sort of willing to give Clint the benefit of the doubt and thought maybe he really didn't know what happened to Brian, and possibly refused to take the lie detector test because he knew how unreliable they were and was afraid that the test could show deception on his part. But then Geojeffrey brought up some points in post #220 that I partially copied below, and it definitely made me more suspicious of Clint.

Originally Posted by geojeffrey

Clint seems like an appropriate investigative target (to me) because:

-Clint WAS the last known person to see Brian alive.
-Clint and Brian had been roommates in previous years.
-Clint and Brian had ocasional disagreements/problems.
-Brian's girlfriend was NOT happy about them socializing with each other.
-Brian was punched in the face at a crowded party. Brian suspected Clint had arranged the assault.
-Clint had little allibi for the weekend in question, other than he was alone at his apartment.
-Clint showed little concern for his missing friend.
-Clint made a few derogatory comments about Brian to the media.
-Brian's father talked with Clint several times in the week following the disappearance. His father had known Clint for years and he did not believe Clint was answering the questions fully or honestly.
-Clint halted all communciations with Brian's father, just a couple weeks later.

^^Cambria, I agree with you that Clint's behaviour is odd (especially if everything geojeffrey says is true) and he may well have something to do with all this. With my post, I just wanted to look at other possibilities. I think the scenario I presented is plausible with the information that has been made public. The police probably (and hopefully) has the information on Brian's phone.

Well, we know for sure that the following items are true, as we got them independent of geojeffrey, either from LE or Brian's loved ones:

-Clint WAS the last known person to see Brian alive.
-Clint and Brian had been roommates in previous years.
-Clint and Brian had ocasional disagreements/problems.
-Brian's girlfriend was NOT happy about them socializing with each other.
-Clint had little allibi for the weekend in question, other than he was alone at his apartment.
-Clint made a few derogatory comments about Brian to the media.
-Brian's father talked with Clint several times in the week following the disappearance. His father had known Clint for years and he did not believe Clint was answering the questions fully or honestly.
-Clint halted all communciations with Brian's father, just a couple weeks later.

This one we can deduce on our own, based on the refusal to take the polygraph, his treatment of the family, and his total lack of interest in the search as it has played out for years:
-Clint showed little concern for his missing friend.

This one I didn't know, but could be verified if anyone on this board knows Brian's former fiance or any of his friends:
-Brian was punched in the face at a crowded party. Brian suspected Clint had arranged the assault.

Now, the interesting question is: why would Brian suspect Clint would arrange a public assault against him?

I keep thinking of the Psychic Kids episode, filmed before Brian's dad passed, in which one of the kids described someone angry or jealous "watching" Brian.

I wonder if there was possible jealously between Clint and Brian over Alexis, Brian's fiancee. Maybe Clint liked her and was upset she was with Brian? I'm just grasping at straws here trying to figure out what could have caused jealousy or discord between Clint and Brian. If Clint did arrange for someone to punch Brian at a party, there had to be something between them that caused anger for Clint to do something like that. Most times its anger or envy over a girl....and if not Alexis, maybe some other girl from their past. Or maybe there had been something between Brian and Meredith at one time?

I don't know...I'm just making wild guesses.

There was some talk (don't remember if Alexis said it or who it was) that Brian got hit in the face by someone after some football game. I don't remember if there was talk about the reason why this happened. I don't know it this was the same incident that geojeffrey mentions.

I found this post on Brian's first thread, post #264 by someone named Blink34 who is no longer a member of WS:

Clint, his supposed best friend, and Meredith, a friend of Clint's and aquaintance of Brian's who is rumored to have made a sexual advance to Brian the week before- both retained counsel following initial questioning and have refused to cooperate further with LE.

Interesting the part about Meredith making a sexual advance towards Brian. I don't remember reading that before. Don't know if it's true and there is no link to back it up, but I found it interesting nevertheless.

I found this post on Brian's first thread, post #264 by someone named Blink34 who is no longer a member of WS:

Clint, his supposed best friend, and Meredith, a friend of Clint's and aquaintance of Brian's who is rumored to have made a sexual advance to Brian the week before- both retained counsel following initial questioning and have refused to cooperate further with LE.

Interesting the part about Meredith making a sexual advance towards Brian. I don't remember reading that before. Don't know if it's true and there is no link to back it up, but I found it interesting nevertheless.
I remember reading that so long ago; that is what got me initially thinking that Clint was involved somehow. Thank you, Cambria, for taking the time to go back through the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferM2017