OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we know for sure that the following items are true, as we got them independent of geojeffrey, either from LE or Brian's loved ones:

-Clint WAS the last known person to see Brian alive.
-Clint and Brian had been roommates in previous years.
-Clint and Brian had ocasional disagreements/problems.
-Brian's girlfriend was NOT happy about them socializing with each other.
-Clint had little allibi for the weekend in question, other than he was alone at his apartment.
-Clint made a few derogatory comments about Brian to the media.
-Brian's father talked with Clint several times in the week following the disappearance. His father had known Clint for years and he did not believe Clint was answering the questions fully or honestly.
-Clint halted all communciations with Brian's father, just a couple weeks later.

This one we can deduce on our own, based on the refusal to take the polygraph, his treatment of the family, and his total lack of interest in the search as it has played out for years:
-Clint showed little concern for his missing friend.

This one I didn't know, but could be verified if anyone on this board knows Brian's former fiance or any of his friends:
-Brian was punched in the face at a crowded party. Brian suspected Clint had arranged the assault.

Now, the interesting question is: why would Brian suspect Clint would arrange a public assault against him?

I keep thinking of the Psychic Kids episode, filmed before Brian's dad passed, in which one of the kids described someone angry or jealous "watching" Brian.

:twocents: I really felt the young women and man on Psychic Kids were credible. It really felt right for me.

I agree...I was thinking the exact same thing today. I still can't quite believe he's gone. :(

That's weird, I was thinking about Randy yesterday as I shoveled, and shoveled, and shoveled snow. I was listening for sounds that trees might be breaking down under the weight of snow. (We have huge trees in our yard and about 20 inches of snow right now.) I thought of Randy and his death by something so unexpected.

I hope he is helping us to find answers about Brian from his now greatly superior vantage point.

Just reading up on this case for the first time, and watched the YouTube video. Very haunting case. It sounds to me like this young man was killed on the premises of the bar, or at the very least was knocked unconscious/incapacitated there and dragged out through the construction area and killed elsewhere. My question is, how could the employees of the bar miss an event like this happening? How could they not see anything? And provided they did, what in the world would be motivating them to keep quiet? To avoid bad publicity for the bar? Even in that case, you'd think someone would have talked by now - for example, an ex-employee that no longer works there, someone who was fired, etc. I imagine bar like this have a fairly high turnover rate.

I also think his friend Clint knows more than he's saying. If Brian was his best friend, what in the world would be motivating HIM to keep quiet? Fear? Involvement? It has to be one of the two.

Hello Mia--

I have always felt that Brian exited the bar through the emergency exit doors in the back that lead to the construction site. These did not have working cameras. People occasionally left from these doors to smoke or to just leave, especially if they were familiar with the Ugly Tuna. I believe Brian left to meet up with friends and to continue partying (Clint may well have been who Brian was going to meet). Wherever he went afterwards is probably where the crime occurred.

The Tuna was searched and employees were interviewed and no evidence was found to suggest Brian was harmed in the bar. Of course, that possibility still exists, but there are numerous employees that stay very late into the night as they close out their cash registers/tips, clean and restock for the next day.

as I said once before, if he did not exit in the front then he had to have gone back into the bar. It is possible he stumbled across something that was not supposed to be for public viewing and some harm came to him as a result. You know, dead men don't talk.

I noticed this passage, a statement by Randy, from the radio transcript that Cambria posted above:

Both bars told both told all their employees, which I never understood. Do not talk to anybody about this situation. If you do, you will be fired.

OK, I guess I can see why the bars would ask employees not to comment to the media--but not to go to the length of threatening to fire them. Whatever happened to Brian, I feel certain it either BEGAN or CONTINUED in the Ugly Tuna. Clearly, those who own or manage the bar would prefer the case to go unsolved, Brian to remain missing, and the whole question of what happened that night in that bar to be forgotten. But we won't forget and we won't stop asking questions.

I noticed this passage, a statement by Randy, from the radio transcript that Cambria posted above:

OK, I guess I can see why the bars would ask employees not to comment to the media--but not to go to the length of threatening to fire them. Whatever happened to Brian, I feel certain it either BEGAN or CONTINUED in the Ugly Tuna. Clearly, those who own or manage the bar would prefer the case to go unsolved, Brian to remain missing, and the whole question of what happened that night in that bar to be forgotten. But we won't forget and we won't stop asking questions.

I was going to respond to Mia's post above earlier today, and mention that statement because I've always found it strange that both bars would tell their employees that. But after thinking about it, I tried to just chalk it up to the bars (particularly the Ugly Tuna) not wanting the bad publicity. But it just seems like such an extreme statement to make, to actually threaten to fire employees if they even talked about it to anyone. I've always had a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that something did happen to Brian at least near the Ugly Tuna. Then, after seeing that statement some time ago, it made me even more suspicious.

That's weird, I was thinking about Randy yesterday as I shoveled, and shoveled, and shoveled snow. I was listening for sounds that trees might be breaking down under the weight of snow. (We have huge trees in our yard and about 20 inches of snow right now.) I thought of Randy and his death by something so unexpected.

I hope he is helping us to find answers about Brian from his now greatly superior vantage point.

That is so strange, I was just thinking about him too! Maybe it was the terrible weather we've had here.

Surely not talking to the police (even under the treat of being fired) is something illegal, like ... say ... obstruction of justice?! Did LE make that clear to the employees and, more important, the owner!?

Surely not talking to the police (even under the treat of being fired) is something illegal, like ... say ... obstruction of justice?! Did LE make that clear to the employees and, more important, the owner!?

Now, that's a good question. Is this just a "company" version of the no-snitching culture? I wonder if the bars meant they didn't want them talking to the media? I, too, wonder how hard LE has pushed the bars' owners.

Brian was buried on page 3. What a world; there are so many missing people that posts fly to the back burner in a few hours.

geojeffrey, do we know WHY Brian thought Clint arranged to have him punched in the face? I just can't get over that. Such a bizarre thing for someone in med school to do. And such a risk, as a felony assault charge might mean not becoming licensed.

I don't believe the why for the alleged assault was ever explained or at least released publicly.

Though, Brian and Clint were said to have had occasional problems and issues. For example, it is widely known that Alexis was not a fan of Clint. Many have said that Clint was jealous of Brian.

Thanks, geoffrey. I'd really like to know why Alexis didn't like Clint. Maybe her instinct was telling her something.

And I wonder if anyone on the board knows someone who could fill us in on the reason for the alleged assault on Brian? The more I think about this, the more significant it seems. Put aside, for a moment, Brian's own suspicion that his so-called friend Clint was behind that assault. If he was, it would be good to know why Clint arranged that. If he wasn't behind it, who was? And why? Just thinking about new avenues for looking at Brian's disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GFinder