OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a most interesting list. Some of this is mainstream information, but I am very interested in the notion that Brian was assaulted at a party and suspected Blint of arranging it. When did this happen? And why would Brian hang out with Clint after that? And why was Brian's girlfriend "not happy" with him hanging out with Clint? (These two points might be connected.)

Cambria, hope you are doing well after your surgery.

I wanted to say that I just saw your email. I'll respond fully tomorrow.

Wasn't Clint's girlfriend or a girl also with them that night. Has she been more forthcoming in talking about that night than Clint.

I find the possibility of Clint setting up Brian to be punched at a party very telling if true. Wow.

Wasn't Clint's girlfriend or a girl also with them that night. Has she been more forthcoming in talking about that night than Clint.

IIRC, there was a girl with them that night, but it was not Lexi.

I find the possibility of Clint setting up Brian to be punched at a party very telling if true. Wow.

A girl named Meredith was with them that night, and I think she was Clint's girlfriend. I think, IIRC, that she has been more forthcoming and took a polygraph herself. I'm not positive about that and don't have time to look it up right now, but I believe she took one.

Just bumping up so Geojeffrey can find the thread.

I'm very interested in those people with whom Brian had difficulties just before his disappearance.

I am sure you all know this, but
Clint was set to take a polygraph,
but when LE declined to offer him full
immunity, he then refused.

I am sure you all know this, but
Clint was set to take a polygraph,
but when LE declined to offer him full
immunity, he then refused.

Wow, I don't think I ever heard that before. I knew he refused the polygraph, but didn't know it had anything to do with a "deal." That's very interesting, dreamweaver, thanks.

Is LE still working on Brian's case or is it pretty much cold? I think about him a lot ... and wish I could think of something brillant to break the case.

I read that Brian's apartment was on King Avenue. Was it at the same side of the river than Ugly Tuna or did he have to cross the river to get home? Was it a walking distance?
I have followed this case from the beginning and I think there has been surprisingly little talk about a simple accident. I'm from Finland and here we have many young men that go missing after a drinking night. In most cases they are found in a body of water.

I read that Brian's apartment was on King Avenue. Was it at the same side of the river than Ugly Tuna or did he have to cross the river to get home? Was it a walking distance?
I have followed this case from the beginning and I think there has been surprisingly little talk about a simple accident. I'm from Finland and here we have many young men that go missing after a drinking night. In most cases they are found in a body of water.

Hello, Finn ... and welcome!
The problem with this whole situation is that Brian was NOT shown on the video security system LEAVING the UT. LE can't even say that he got out of the bar, much less walk home!

As for young men drowning ... you might find this case interesting. It's terribly frustrating, as many people do not take it seriously http://sfkillers.com/
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=146

wadahoot, thanks for your reply! I read somewhere that it is still possible that Brian left the bar, that the cameras either missed him or that they just could not recognize him from the footage. Or, that he could have used an alternative exit.
I guess, if this indeed was an accident and Brian ended up in the river, it would be very hard to find him after all this time. I also think that in that case Brian would have been very intoxicated. Has there been any information on how much he drank that night? He did not seem particularly intoxicated on the footage where he was talking with the two girls.
I somehow do not believe in the possibilty of a random assault outside the bar or on the way home. In these cases the victim is usually just left behind. Of course, it it happened near the river, he could have been dumped there.

His apartment was on King Ave. I'm unsure the house number or what side it was on.
I used to think (probably still do):waitasec: the Olentangy River may be a possibility. However, I have heard it is shallow. Although, definitely worth checking into.

I'm still thinking about Brian ending up in the river. There is only one thing, his phone. I got an impression that it was working during the days following Brian's disappearance. If this was the case, then he (and the phone)probably couldn't be in the river. Of course, if he was mugged and somebody took his phone then it's still a possibility.

Also, if Brian just left the bar after 1 am in order to go home why didn't he answer the phone when Clint tried to call him. Of course, something could have happened very soon after he left the bar. Or, if he was very drunk and tired he could have just ignored the phone. Anyway, if the phone was working it couldn't have been in the water.

edit. ok, it says here
http://coltonleviclark.wordpress.com/category/brian-shaffer/
that Clint tried to call Brian at 2 am and it went straight to voicemail. I'm not sure but I think it is also possible to verify when a cell phone is shut down. Hopefully they have done this.

Some more thoughts: of course, Brian's phone might not have anything to do with his disappearance. Maybe the battery just died and Brian was still alive and well although he could not be reached. Anyway, it would be nice to know where he lived and did he have any reason to go near the river.

edit. it says here
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12689476/ns/dateline_nbc/
that Brian lived half-a-dozen blocks away from Ugly Tuna. If it's correct, he lived quite near and it does not seem that had to cross the river to get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COSMO58