OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see that footage as well. I'd like to know why the family did not think it was him.

What footage? Do you mean that LE saw a picture that looked like Brian coming out of the bar? Why didn't the family think it was him? Why is this not in more reports and stories about the case?

Satch

What's the timeline between Clint going to Brian's apartment and Brian's apartment being broken into? How far apart were they?

What's the timeline between Clint going to Brian's apartment and Brian's apartment being broken into? How far apart were they?
Clint supposedly went to Brian's apartment the day he went missing, so about April 1st. His apartment was broken into about 5 weeks later on May 11th. Police don't suspect that these are related because only a dvd player was supposedly taken. Brian's case was already well known at that point so LE thought that the robbers were just taking advantage of an apartment they knew was empty.

What footage? Do you mean that LE saw a picture that looked like Brian coming out of the bar? Why didn't the family think it was him? Why is this not in more reports and stories about the case?

Satch

I remember this loosely but not sure what footage was used. Was it someone coming out of the bar? I know it's not available to the public but I would love to see some of the surveillance videos that LE looked at.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes and it's cited in this thread. Police saw a man fitting his height leaving the bar the day after followed by two men. It is said the family did not think it was him

On a thread concerning a missing scientist, someone posted a photo of a particular gathering of people and wondered if it included the missing man.
One of his close relatives on thread, said that it absolutely was not the mp.
Years later, after the mp's body was located, the same poster stated that he is no longer sure about the photo, and it probably was the missing relative after all.
Just sayin' as they say.
imo, speculation.

I really am puzzled about how they can be so unsure whether or nor that guy seen on camera was Brian. I get that camera footage can grainy, but I feel like it wouldn't be that difficult to tell unless they suspect he changed clothes. Even so, wouldn't there be some sort of clothing stashed away at the bar? He obviously didn't carry a change of clothing with him, and nobody else walked out wearing his, so how did they suspect he was able to do that? I know I can't judge fully without seeing the footage myself but I'm pretty sure I'd be able to identify my family member or close friend on video

Yes and it's cited in this thread. Police saw a man fitting his height leaving the bar the day after followed by two men. It is said the family did not think it was him

I've always wondered if it may have been him though. I wish we had more information and would really like to see that footage.

I don't know, I'm never really keen on the whole "panicked driver hides body" theory. I mean, if the road was truly so quiet to the point that nobody heard any kind of commotion, then why bother hiding the body at all? The driver could easily just drive off and leave the body. In fact, I think the natural panicked instinct of about 80% of people in that scenario WOULD be to just drive away. Why would the driver even implicate themself at all. They would not be criminally at fault if they just reported that a drunken Brian walked in front of their car and it was an accident, but they would be at fault for hiding a body, so that seems to be not only more work but also more chance of legal repercussion. I realize that a hit and run is far worse, but at least with that they are making sure they can't be fingered as any sort of suspect, so that would make more sense to me.

Thank god someone said this.

On a thread concerning a missing scientist, someone posted a photo of a particular gathering of people and wondered if it included the missing man.
One of his close relatives on thread, said that it absolutely was not the mp.
Years later, after the mp's body was located, the same poster stated that he is no longer sure about the photo, and it probably was the missing relative after all.
Just sayin' as they say.
imo, speculation.

Very interesting. Dotr, not to digress, but do you know anything more about that case? I'd like to explore it and see if there are any parallels between these two cases.

Very interesting. Dotr, not to digress, but do you know anything more about that case? I'd like to explore it and see if there are any parallels between these two cases.

It was a case that became very near and dear to many of us on Ws.because we felt like we really came to know and respect him through his remarkable website.
Ultimately he was found deceased as a result of slipping and falling into water located not too far from his home.None of the circumstances of his death would have any parallels with Brian's disappearance, imo.

It was a case that became very near and dear to many of us on Ws.because we felt like we really came to know and respect him through his remarkable website.
Ultimately he was found deceased as a result of slipping and falling into water located not too far from his home.None of the circumstances of his death would have any parallels with Brian's disappearance, imo.

Dotr, thank you. I got your message. How very sad. From what I learned, I certainly agree that there aren't any parallels between the two. Thank you for sharing.

Just emailed Columbus PD asking if they have any new info they would be willing to share with the public.

To what case is this referring in relation to Brian's?

Satch

Satch - I will send you a message regarding this.

I still think he left the bar somehow and just no one saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think he left the bar somehow and just no one saw.

I believe this as well. When I used to frequent bars, it was common for patrons to use employee or kitchen exits when smoking or talking with friends who smoke. Over time, I learned that using these off the beaten path exits provided easier/quicker access to exiting the bar. If true, i am curious where Brian may have been heading...

I believe this as well. When I used to frequent bars, it was common for patrons to use employee or kitchen exits when smoking or talking with friends who smoke. Over time, I learned that using these off the beaten path exits provided easier/quicker access to exiting the bar. If true, i am curious where Brian may have been heading...

I haven't found anything about an employee exit. There was a fire exit that reportedly had an alarm and a camera if the door was opened. Then there was the construction exit with an elevator going down to the construction site. Would they install an elevator just for a construction exit, or was this originally the employee exit until the construction started. So while the construction was still in progress what entrance / exit were they using ? Also, what about deliveries of products? They would be through the back, not the front of the restaurant wouldn't it? Seems to me they might need to use the elevator since the restaurant was upstairs. Always more questions. :sigh:

Isn't there a poster here that said they used to work at the Ugly Tuna ? Maybe they can weigh in on this.

What I mean by an employee exit, is along the lines of doors that employees use to carry trash to the dumpster-and come and go to their parked vehicles...or for deliveries as you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member