OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sadly doubt that he's alive either. So what can we do to facilitate? It seems we should be able to do something. But what? Is there any way we could ask LE if they might investigate Clint further? I hate letting go of my belief that he has something to do with Brian's disappearance. I believe he does have something to do with it. But what does that mean to LE? Probably nothing, I would guess. Yet, if they don't investigate him further, I don't believe they will ever solve this case. It has to be done. Is there any way to help move this forward ? We need some help from someone, someone with some connections. I believe that is the key.

I do not think he is alive either. I have just come up with conclusion that he did in fact leave unnoticed and something bad then happened.

Anyone remember the estimated number of patrons that night?

I would think at this point the ideal thing would be to go back with the notion that his exit may have been missed first time and review that.

Its the escalator! It just seems so easy to accidentally miss one person out of a crowd crunched up waiting for the escalator.

I do not think he is alive either. I have just come up with conclusion that he did in fact leave unnoticed and something bad then happened.

Anyone remember the estimated number of patrons that night?

I would think at this point the ideal thing would be to go back with the notion that his exit may have been missed first time and review that.

Its the escalator! It just seems so easy to accidentally miss one person out of a crowd crunched up waiting for the escalator.
The only problem I have with the whole "he made it out unnoticed then met with his demise" thing is that it's just way too convenient that the ONE person who happens to be missed then goes and disappears into thin air. What are the chances? I just feel that his mysterious exit is related to his disappearance, like the reason he wasn't seen on camera is because he was already vanished at that point. I definitely feel the construction exit plays a role here, and I definitely think he made it there at some point in the night. Whether he made it through completely remains a mystery. I believe he either died in the construction site and could be buried, or he was lured through the construction site with some promise of something and was possibly abducted/assaulted and then led away. I DON'T believe, however, that he successfully made it through the construction and then just happened to meet his fate somewhere else that night. Maybe at one point I felt that was possible, but chances are pretty slim

I'm coming back to mulling over this. Had to refresh my memory on all the details, and the 119 pages is daunting to read through. So bear with me if I don't recall anything.

I'm going over the wiki page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Brian_Shaffer

I thought about how the Ugly Tuna Saloona was going to close at 2 A.M. At precisely 1:55 A.M., as noted by the security camera, Brian was with Florence and Meredith and the two girls in front of the bar. Brian then walked in.

What time is "last call" typically shouted for the Ugly Tuna? If they frequented the saloona, wouldn't they be aware of how close they were cutting it to last call?

What if Brian had plans to leave and Florence was simply complacent in them? What if Florence was in Brian's apartment to find any last-minute threads to wrap up?

But again, I can't imagine a son ditching his father after his wife died. That would be a really ****** thing to do. So scratch that. Yeah, Brian said some cryptic messages to his girlfriend before about going away and about leaving him, but I think people say weird things under grief and stress. I know I have.

I'm just rambling random stuff at this point. It just occurred to me suspicious that everybody decided to go to the Ugly Tuna so close to closing time, and if they were really interested in a drink before closing they should have thought about entering right away.

There's no need for such convoluted theories. Occam's razor, people.

I read from either the PearlJam forums or somewhere else that Clint did not like Alexis (BS's girlfriend), and Brian did not like Meredith (the woman that was with Clint and BS when he disappeared). I wonder if there was any peculiar reason why Meredith drove them back to the Ugly Tuna bar where they had started out, as it's rather strange to me.

Please continue here.

Previous thread:

OH-Brian Shaffer

This is my 1st time posting on this, but I feel compelled, to throw in a few more ideas.

There is no point in me going over the details, as most people know them, I just want to maybe give a few scenarios, that may or may not make a difference.

In my opinion, I dont think that the suicide theory is likely, possible maybe, but no more than that.

It is possible that he mightve fell into the main river, but someone wouldve seen him,

The same goes for the "he wanted to get away", doesnt make much sense either. I just dont see him abandoning his father, brother and girlfriend (fair enough, some people have suggested he mightve been having doubts iro their relarionship, but would you start a new life just to break up with someone?)

I think the most likely scenario is that he died, either accidentally or intentionally, and whoever disposed his body done a very efficient job of doing so.

Who done it?

Well, we know that him and Clint started off in the Ugly Tuna, done a bit of a bar crawl, and they ended up at the Ugly Tuna at the end of the night, only this time with Clints friend Meredith. The 3 of them were seen on video camera coming up the escalator, and Brian was later seen outside talking ot two girls (who, if I've correctly picked this up, were friends/acquaintances of Clint). He then walks away into the direction of the bar.

Supposedly, hes never seen leaving the bar and that was the last anyone seen of him.

To me, there is definitely something amiss, andi I feel it involves more than one person. Think about it this way, the guy was 6ft 2 inches, obviously he was a big guy, going to stand out a bit, someone mustve seen him walk back in the bar, he doesnt just vanish.

One scenario is that either him or Clint mightve inadvertently p***ed someone off in that bar, either at closing time, or earlier in the night, and it went too far, and the person who they p***ed off was "connected" to some "gang" or people who you dont *advertiser censored** with, and he got killed, the "onnected" person, more or less threatened the people in the bar that night to keep quiet, or they would meet the same fate.

Its quite possible that he found another route out of the bar, into the construction site, no matter how drunk he was, he got out, but got jumped, he died, whether accidentally or intentionally, ended up in a dumpster, and the dumpster got emptied before the police started looking for him.

Another angle is the drugs angle. Althoguht his family say he never done anything like that, it cant be ruled out, as there isnt much to go on as it is. Its possible that he was doing a deal to get some gear, but had to go off the trail, and mightve got killed in the process of doing so.

One thought has come into my head; could he have been spiked? Its one possibility, especially if he got out of the bar in a disorientated and confused state, and maybe whoever spiked him "picked him up", to never be seen again.

One big question mark hangs over this case, and its about his friend Clint. Lawyering up in itself isnt a big deal, pe se, but if you virtually go incognito, dont give qny help to find your lost friend, and basically "get out of dodge" and move to another state far, far away, doenst look good. The lie detector issue is another thing that rears its head, there is plenty of resources that state that going through a lie detector test can give inaccurate results, but if Clints friend has willingly submitted a test and Brians father too, then something is amiss.

I cant categorically say that he done his friend in, but you feel that he knows something, could possibly be that he is covering for someone else, and he is s***scared of what will happen to him if he spills the beans. I did read a story somewhere that Clint was gay, and he mightve been jealous of Brian and Alexis' relationship. I'm not sure if thats true, so many stories floating around.

Another thing to take into consideration is that everyone takes the polices word for it, sometimes they release statements that althought not inaccurate, dont give too much away, to lure the suspect(s) into a false sense of security, its possible he did go down the elevator, only to be met by someone outside (lets say a staff member, he gets done in somewhere along the line, and said staff member has an alibi).

Other scenarios have been covered, so theres no point in going over them, as it might souind too repetitive.

I'm sorry if I ramble on too much, just thought I would give a different take on things.

Drumkeyra,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I don't think you were rambling -- this case is complicated, twisted with no linear thought or rational thinking in place to follow our thoughts. Just like many of us here, you were keep going back to other theories as soon as felt the dead end of each scenario. Obviously, there is absolutely no evidence, so everything we share is just pure speculation or a thought shared on a 'felt' level. Sometimes the answer is the simplest one but I do not believe this case has a simple or straight answer that could explain Brian's disappearance any better than another answer.

There's no need for such convoluted theories. Occam's razor, people.

If I remember what you posted earlier, I find it hard to believe that Brian's remains were plowed over or something of the sort in the construction site. That just sounds like some Edgar Allen Poe short story or a creepypasta. With all the regulations in America that building sites have, I would imagine they'd find the body.

EDIT:
Okay now I'm confused. This article shows that the three of them approached the Ugly Tuna Saloona at 1:15 AM, not 1:55 AM. Why did I think it was 1:55 AM? The security camera footage shows 1:15 AM.

https://melmagazine.com/a-guy-walks-into-a-bar-53c784e7369b

If I remember what you posted earlier, I find it hard to believe that Brian's remains were plowed over or something of the sort in the construction site. That just sounds like some Edgar Allen Poe short story or a creepypasta. With all the regulations in America that building sites have, I would imagine they'd find the body.

EDIT:
Okay now I'm confused. This article shows that the three of them approached the Ugly Tuna Saloona at 1:15 AM, not 1:55 AM. Why did I think it was 1:55 AM? The security camera footage shows 1:15 AM.

https://melmagazine.com/a-guy-walks-into-a-bar-53c784e7369b

The 1:55 AM footage was of Brian outside the bar entrance talking to the two ladies, then it shows him walking back toward the bar entrance.

Brian told Alexis this night was his chance to tell "the guys" about her, as in plural, not singular. What other guys, where were they that night? They wouldn't have already known about Alexis? Seems off to me. Is anyone familiar with the murder of Joseph Comunale? There were three other dudes involved. I'm just wondering if it could have been a similar situation.

ETA: Here's the link to the thread here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Comunale-26-Manhattan-12-Nov-2016-*Arrests*-3

A question that I don't think has ever answered,

One of the video cameras shows the placement of two security guards in a seemingly odd position. What was their role at the bar that night? Their placement in the video seems strange.

Satch

The 1:55 AM footage was of Brian outside the bar entrance talking to the two ladies, then it shows him walking back toward the bar entrance.

Oh okay. So in other words, they arrived at 1:15 AM. Then they were about to leave and reappeared in the footage at 1:55 AM, when they started talking with the two girls. Then Brian went in again and was never seen again? So we're saying within a 5 minute time span - Brian disappeared? More or less. Because at 2 is when the bar closed, so they had to have been kicking people out.

Drumkeyra, Welcome! I also agree with everything you said. I have seen a few gangs or rip off groups bring women to bars to lure men into mugging traps. They dance with unsuspecting wealthy looking victims. The men wait for him outside and tell him they don't like him talking to their girls. Rob and kill them.
I do agree that the roommate is suspicious though.

Just sounds like a college town urban myth. We can speculate all we want but there is no evidence for it. Cadaver dogs a couple days later should have picked that up. No answer as to why that would happen either.

If that was really the consensus among the bar employees, then I think there is a reason to consider it as a possibility, since the employees were more familiar with the settings inside the bar, and knew better than us whether something was likely or not.

A question that I don't think has ever answered,

One of the video cameras shows the placement of two security guards in a seemingly odd position. What was their role at the bar that night? Their placement in the video seems strange.

Satch

I read somewhere they were placed there to stop people spilling over into the movie theatre/complex next door, but then we are told that the movie theatre was not even there in 2006 so i'm not sure.

It's interesting that they state with *absolute* certainty that every single person was accounted for leaving but whenever I have been to clubs or bars I have never once seen every person in the bar all leave in a neat orderly line all at the same time. So if the bar closed its doors at 2 and Brian was last seen at 1:55 during those 5 minutes a bunch of people could have left in a crowd, all scattered around, left, forgot something, went back to in to retrieve it, wandered off, mixed in with people leaving other clubs, waiting for cabs, etc, while some others were finishing their drinks and maybe didn't leave til after 2. Plus it's not like just because it closes at 2am, they just empty everyone out exactly bang on the dot of 2; there could be people mulling around for up to half an hour after. Both outside the bar and in the street nearby.

Even though the time span was only 5 minutes it still seems possible imo that he could have simply been missed with people coming and going, especially if the bar was busy that night. It was 2006 also. i doubt the footage would have been crystal clear 11 years ago. It's not even that clear now in 2017.

As crazy as the construction site scenario seems.. there was a local case where a guy literally vanished. They dug in the area he was last seen (construction site) and found nothing. Years later thy were digging around the same area and they found him. He had fallen in I guess and buried. Foul play was ruled out. Hard to imagine but ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As crazy as the construction site scenario seems.. there was a local case where a guy literally vanished. They dug in the area he was last seen (construction site) and found nothing. Years later thy were digging around the same area and they found him. He had fallen in I guess and buried. Foul play was ruled out. Hard to imagine but ..

Might be the same case I'm remembering. I posted about it before on here.

I'll stand by the construction site scenario. People have made more of a mystery out of this than is necessary. He was the only person unaccounted for at the bar, there were alternative exits, one of which took him through a hazardous construction site. He was intoxicated at the time. Do the maths.

If Brian planned his disappearance he was either a *advertiser censored* genius or he had the luck of the devil, because there hasn't been a single trace of him since that night at the Ugly Tuna Saloona. I think Clint is a total red herring, and I don't blame him for lawyering up if he suspected the police were starting to zero in on him. Most of the other theories I've read about Brian are bordering on the realms of fantasy. Brian interrupting a drug deal and getting abducted? Brian getting hit by a car and disposed of (people looooove this one on Websleuths for some reason)? None of them have a ring of plausibility imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member