OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't thought of that, good question.

Definitely something to look into and think about. Could it be that he removed some of his belongings or attempted to make it look as "normal" as he could? Why was he there in the first place? It's not like he lived there.

Yes, it is weird. Even more so that he had Brian's keys. I don't know and have not known anybody who had keys to their friend's place. Oddly enough, it never sounded like they were too close. It always struck me that they were college buddies who hung out occasionally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Definitely something to look into and think about. Could it be that he removed some of his belongings or attempted to make it look as "normal" as he could? Why was he there in the first place? It's not like he lived there.

Yes, it is weird. Even more so that he had Brian's keys. I don't know and have not known anybody who had keys to their friend's place. Oddly enough, it never sounded like they were too close. It always struck me that they were college buddies who hung out occasionally.

Wow!

I did not know that CF spent six hours at Brian's place waiting for him to come home. Derrick (Brian's brother) always believed that something always seemed "off" with him. With Clint having keys to Brian's apartment, I have never heard of that. I find that odd, considering all reports that Brian and Clint were not close. How did Clint get Brian's keys? If those two girls are associates of Clint's according to that article, and Clint went into silence about Brian and got a lawyer very fast, I am sensing red hearings about him. My feeling is that a person would ONLY do those kinds of things if they know something, or were involved in some way.

I am now more suspicious of Clint than before. I am not saying that he is directly involved in Brian's disappearance, but there is evidence that he knows a lot more than what he has said. And he hasn't said much.

I have a question about Brian's car. Where was it found by LE? What was in the car of note? Was anything missing from Brian's car that should have been there? Was Brian's car parked on the street? Or in a garage?

Satch

Guys,

Brian's Facebook page is open if you have a Facebook account. It has not been touched since early 2006. Some New Years Eve photo's, posted early 2006 show Brian and Clint together, presumably at a party. Brian's Facebook caption on one of the photos stuck out at me, he says, (with Clint in the picture.) "This is my retarded look after I drink too much." It sure seems like Brian was a heavy drinker.

Satch

I guess my memory needs refreshing, this is from a detailed article published by the Ohio Missing Dispatch
http://www.magcloud.com/webviewer/900141?__r=563315&s=w

The 2 women Brian was talking to at 1:55 a.m. outside the bar were "associates of Clint's". (they later stated that Brian didn't appear to be intoxicated. )
And, something else I guess I missed, . Question - who was it that "motioned" him back in to the bar?

And this:

That is one tight timeline for something to already have happened to Brian and the perp or someone, to already turn off or disable his cell phone. Not to mention there would have still been people in the bar. How could they have missed anything that could have happened?

Regarding the other exits:

The fire exit:

The construction exit:

Statements made by CF:

And I totally don't remember this: ​

What was he doing there for 6 hours?
Damn this was a good find. I've never seen this article before. Thanks for sharing!

Maybe he was getting rid of some sort of evidence, possibly from Brians computer? Idk, 6 hours is quite a long time whatever it was.

Seems suspicious to me, that and the person who motioned him back into the bar. But who was that? :gaah:

Guys,

Brian's Facebook page is open if you have a Facebook account. It has not been touched since early 2006. Some New Years Eve photo's, posted early 2006 show Brian and Clint together, presumably at a party. Brian's Facebook caption on one of the photos stuck out at me, he says, (with Clint in the picture.) "This is my retarded look after I drink too much." It sure seems like Brian was a heavy drinker.

Satch

I don't have FB anymore. So how does he really look, I mean is it obvious he's very inebriated? TIA. But then it was New Years Eve, so maybe not really indicative of his usual behavior, just a thought though.

I don't have FB anymore. So how does he really look, I mean is it obvious he's very inebriated? TIA. But then it was New Years Eve, so maybe not really indicative of his usual behavior, just a thought though.

Just a goofy grin. At least that's my interpretation of the picture.

Satch

The actions of Clint on the night Brian disappeared do not match his actions in the time after the disappearance. A picture is painted of Clint on that night as a concerned friend worried about where his friend has gone, he takes some time to look for Brian or wonder where he is at the end of the night. Then he apparently goes to his apartment for 6 hours i'm guessing to wait for him and see if he turns up or whatever. He also gave a couple of short interviews in the immediate time following Brian going missing. But after Brian goes missing all of a sudden Clint has nothing further to say and just shuts himself off from the case completely?

Why does he go from someone offering help and assistance to someone who seems cold and like he is fed up of discussing it, so quickly?

I don't buy the idea that he wanted no part of discussing Brian's disappearance anymore simply because of his career. Are we supposed to believe that the only way to get more information from this guy is at the expense of him possibly incriminating himself in some way?

Wow!

I did not know that CF spent six hours at Brian's place waiting for him to come home. Derrick (Brian's brother) always believed that something always seemed "off" with him. With Clint having keys to Brian's apartment, I have never heard of that. I find that odd, considering all reports that Brian and Clint were not close. How did Clint get Brian's keys? If those two girls are associates of Clint's according to that article, and Clint went into silence about Brian and got a lawyer very fast, I am sensing red hearings about him. My feeling is that a person would ONLY do those kinds of things if they know something, or were involved in some way.

I am now more suspicious of Clint than before. I am not saying that he is directly involved in Brian's disappearance, but there is evidence that he knows a lot more than what he has said. And he hasn't said much.

I have a question about Brian's car. Where was it found by LE? What was in the car of note? Was anything missing from Brian's car that should have been there? Was Brian's car parked on the street? Or in a garage?

Satch

I think I read that his car was in a public garage near the gar and the LE thought that it was left untouched.

Maybe he was getting rid of some sort of evidence, possibly from Brians computer? Idk, 6 hours is quite a long time whatever it was.

Seems suspicious to me, that and the person who motioned him back into the bar. But who was that? :gaah:

I mean, yeah, defintely, that's highly unusual, whatever he did there. I know going into anybody's apartment without their permission is strange, and unless you're really a close and distraught family member trying to figure out where Brian is, I see absolutely no justifiable reason to explain why Clint was there.

The actions of Clint on the night Brian disappeared do not match his actions in the time after the disappearance. A picture is painted of Clint on that night as a concerned friend worried about where his friend has gone, he takes some time to look for Brian or wonder where he is at the end of the night. Then he apparently goes to his apartment for 6 hours i'm guessing to wait for him and see if he turns up or whatever. He also gave a couple of short interviews in the immediate time following Brian going missing. But after Brian goes missing all of a sudden Clint has nothing further to say and just shuts himself off from the case completely?

Why does he go from someone offering help and assistance to someone who seems cold and like he is fed up of discussing it, so quickly?

I don't buy the idea that he wanted no part of discussing Brian's disappearance anymore simply because of his career. Are we supposed to believe that the only way to get more information from this guy is at the expense of him possibly incriminating himself in some way?

The reasons of him not sharing any info are total BS. No concerned and caring friend does this, and I don't buy the idea that he was concerned about his career - some people are just assuming that, because assuming anything else make him either look guilty or speak of his involvement in all this.

I have never heard that he gave any interviews - long or short. I know that police was able to get some info about that night's timeline but I am not aware if Clint ever shared beyond that, at least, there is no indication of that.

Guys,

Satch

I looked but couldn't find it. Can you share the link to his fb page?

attachment.php
. Here is the picture of him and Clint from Brian's Facebook . Here's the link to his full profile: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=12446335

Attachments

• 1909441_567878579735_7164_n.jpg
    1909441_567878579735_7164_n.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 190
Okay I finally had time to read through the article that Neesaki shared and I have a few thoughts about it....

Regarding Clint (who definitely seems more suspicious now to me than before):

1) If he went to his apartment the day he went missing, (I assume they mean later in the day on Saturday April 1st) and saw that he clearly did not come home then why didn't he reach out to his father or even to Alexis or Derek? It wasn't until Alexis got concerned the following day on Sunday that anybody contacted his dad. Some friend he is.

2) Six hours is a pretty long time to just sit and wait. I'm suspecting that he didn't really do this, as it did not even come out until much later after the fact. So then why even mention it? Personally I think it just makes him look more guilty than innocent.

3) This article says that he moved to Tennessee in May 2006, but according to his LinkedIn info, he was at OSU until March 2007. May 2006 doesn't sound right to me, but if that is the case then that's pretty quick to flee town.

Other random thoughts:

1) This article seems pretty certain that the construction theory is out and also that he isn't in the bar still in general. Not sure where the writer is getting the information so I'm not sure how strongly to take their insistence on it.

2) I always believed that Brian was likely not that Drunk. The guy had a steak dinner that night, had a thick build and had a couple of shots per bar (according to Clint) in a span of 4 hours. I'm sure he was at least somewhat getting his wits back by 2 am.

3) I thought that Meredith was only a friend of Clint's. Seems kind of strange to me that she was the one that left Brian the "where the hell are you?" message. Seems like something more that a closer friend would do and maybe more jokingly. Not that I think it means anything, just found it weird.

4) If the 2 girls were associated with Clint, why didn't he talk to them also? I get the impression that Brian left throughout the night to talk to people and left Clint to just drink by himself. Seems strange and anti-social of Clint to just sit there. Wonder if actually had any friends besides Brian

I mean, yeah, defintely, that's highly unusual, whatever he did there. I know going into anybody's apartment without their permission is strange, and unless you're really a close and distraught family member trying to figure out where Brian is, I see absolutely no justifiable reason to explain why Clint was there.

Unsure if Clint had his own place or roommates, but maybe Brian and Clint had an agreement ( or not ) regarding C bringing a date to Brian's apt. for a private, romantic encounter?
imo, speculation.

Unsure if Clint had his own place or roommates, but maybe Brian and Clint had an agreement ( or not ) regarding C bringing a date to Brian's apt. for a private, romantic encounter?
imo, speculation.

that is still strange. Why would you bring your date into Brian's apartment? If he wanted some alone time he could have gotten a hotel room for both of them, and not use his friend's space. If Clint had a roommate, he could have simply waited until they weren't home and proceed pursing that romantic/private encounter.

Okay I finally had time to read through the article that Neesaki shared and I have a few thoughts about it....

Regarding Clint (who definitely seems more suspicious now to me than before):

1) If he went to his apartment the day he went missing, (I assume they mean later in the day on Saturday April 1st) and saw that he clearly did not come home then why didn't he reach out to his father or even to Alexis or Derek? It wasn't until Alexis got concerned the following day on Sunday that anybody contacted his dad. Some friend he is.

2) Six hours is a pretty long time to just sit and wait. I'm suspecting that he didn't really do this, as it did not even come out until much later after the fact. So then why even mention it? Personally I think it just makes him look more guilty than innocent.

3) This article says that he moved to Tennessee in May 2006, but according to his LinkedIn info, he was at OSU until March 2007. May 2006 doesn't sound right to me, but if that is the case then that's pretty quick to flee town.

Other random thoughts:

1) This article seems pretty certain that the construction theory is out and also that he isn't in the bar still in general. Not sure where the writer is getting the information so I'm not sure how strongly to take their insistence on it.

2) I always believed that Brian was likely not that Drunk. The guy had a steak dinner that night, had a thick build and had a couple of shots per bar (according to Clint) in a span of 4 hours. I'm sure he was at least somewhat getting his wits back by 2 am.

3) I thought that Meredith was only a friend of Clint's. Seems kind of strange to me that she was the one that left Brian the "where the hell are you?" message. Seems like something more that a closer friend would do and maybe more jokingly. Not that I think it means anything, just found it weird.

4) If the 2 girls were associated with Clint, why didn't he talk to them also? I get the impression that Brian left throughout the night to talk to people and left Clint to just drink by himself. Seems strange and anti-social of Clint to just sit there. Wonder if actually had any friends besides Brian

This does certainly generate even more questions and increases the possibility of other things that have not been discussed as much. I don't know what to think. Whatever Clint knew/was involved in, he surely was smart enough not to put himself in a precarious position. He probably realized quickly that he needs to distance himself before all eyes turn at him. I mean, this guy moved from the area. I have never, ever read any information where he talks about Brian or what happened that night.

I'm very surprised that the LE didn't push for answers from him. We don't know if they ever looked to somehow verify his given timeline and unfolding of events. Did they ever look for a possible motive for hiding something?

I believe he was let go of very easily. I understand that the police didn't have anything to charge him/ suspect his involvement other than the fact that he was with Brian that night, but I suspect that looking closer into his life might
have revealed something new. If he went to Brian's place afterwards, could he be taking someone his items that he might have left at his place?

I would like to see that footage as well. I'd like to know why the family did not think it was him.

I wondered about this as well. There is just too much information we don't have to really put any solid theories together. Apparently this was the only person who fit Brian's description. The police would have had to see this person go in the bar as well and apparently did not(unless the cameras aren't on 24/7) or there is a high probability it is Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia