OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bump.gif

Sure Clint knows something. Clint is going to be a doctor and he is running around with this "monkey on his back". How could anyone ever trust the guy?

Has this guy finished with med school? If he is a practicing doctor, wouldn't it be 'good' if some busy bodies in the city he practices in were to spread around this case and his involvement in it? That way he wouldn't be able to get as many patients... or if there were enough people against him, no one would go to him... basically so then he wouldn't be able to practice medicine either way, so then there's no reason for him not to tell his side of the story...

Has this guy finished with med school? If he is a practicing doctor, wouldn't it be 'good' if some busy bodies in the city he practices in were to spread around this case and his involvement in it? That way he wouldn't be able to get as many patients... or if there were enough people against him, no one would go to him... basically so then he wouldn't be able to practice medicine either way, so then there's no reason for him not to tell his side of the story...
========================

http://media.www.thelantern.com/med...3/Campus/Is.Brian.Shaffer.Alive-3707043.shtml
Recent article.
Just a fyi:
Busy body work can be construed as 'slander.'

Best friend is not a doctor that accepts patients. He is a post doctoral fellow at Vanderbilt.

Just reread the article from the Lantern. I guess it leaves me with unsure feelings about this case.

On one hand you have a very loved son that goes missing with a dad that actually spent the rest of his life searching for him and then on the other you have a detective that feels he is still alive.

Would Brian have been the type to take off and not let his family not know of his whereabouts? Would Brian not contact his brother when Randy was killed? Would he just up and leave Alexis with no further contact when this was the girl he loved so much?

I can't help but wonder what the detective knows or is it just a feeling he has. It seems to me that to make a statement that he is still alive would have to be based on some evidence. I am not sure Randy felt the same way as the detective. I dont think.

Just some thoughts I have had recently.

so either Brian is alive and took off on his own for some personal reason, he's in the witness protection program or he was murdered, or he died accidentally of some weird overdose or something.

I don't know what to believe. I would like to believe he is alive but after all the deaths in his family, I can't believe that he'd do that.

His friend not speaking to the authorities and refusing a lie detector test is awfully suspicious, and he should give up whatever he knows.

Just reread the article from the Lantern. I guess it leaves me with unsure feelings about this case.

On one hand you have a very loved son that goes missing with a dad that actually spent the rest of his life searching for him and then on the other you have a detective that feels he is still alive.

Would Brian have been the type to take off and not let his family not know of his whereabouts? Would Brian not contact his brother when Randy was killed? Would he just up and leave Alexis with no further contact when this was the girl he loved so much?

I can't help but wonder what the detective knows or is it just a feeling he has. It seems to me that to make a statement that he is still alive would have to be based on some evidence. I am not sure Randy felt the same way as the detective. I dont think.

Just some thoughts I have had recently.

I wondered the same thing after I read the article the first time; what was it that made the detective say that? Was it something in Clint or Meredith's original statements? Alexis certainly didn't think he would just take off, nor did Randy, I don't think. I have often wondered if the stress Brian was under because of med school coupled with his grief over his mother's death DID cause him to just disappear. At first, I believed it was possible. But I can't believe that he would stay gone after Randy's death. I can't believe he would abandon his brother Derek like that.

JMO

it wouldnt be SLANDER to hang missing posters of brian on vanderbilts campus.i actually red that it may have been done allready. I wonder why the police would suspect him in the first place?im guessing he must have had some dicrepencies in his story how he went back to the bar looking for brian and tried calling his cell phone.I dont believe the police think hes alive.why they have made statements like that ,i dont know. taking off at two a.m after a night of drinking wouldnt be the most ideal time to just hit the road and never look back.

frontpageroo_r2_c3.gif

What do you know? Does anyone know anything?
http://www.uglytunasaloona.com/calendarcolumbus.php

Brian Shaffer was a second year med student at Ohio State University in the spring of 2006. His mother had battled a devastating and fatal illness with cancer and his girlfriend, Alexis Waggoner had been visiting her family.
Spring Break was about to be in full swing and Brian and his ex roommate Clint Florence headed out that Friday to have some drinks at the local bars.
2005099062917530684_rs.jpg

Brian Shaffer and his friend Clint Florence
The two men arrived at the Ugly Tuna Saloon around 9:15PM and had a few shots. He and Alexis spoke on his cell phone around 10:30PM. Brian and Clint then left the Ugly Tuna Saloon around 11:00PM and walked to Short North Tavern and then to another bar around 11:40PM. By 1:15AM they were back at the Ugly Tuna where their evening had begun.
2005008075866919724_rs.jpg

Brian returning to the Ugly Tuna
Brian can be seen in the grainy surveillance video returning to the Ugly Tuna around 1:15AM. He can also he seen on the foyer near the escalators speaking with some girls that Clint knew. He then walks out of the bottom right side of the camera and Brian Shaffer disappears into thin air.
2005062966517617156_rs.jpg

Brian – last images of him
By 2:00M its closing time. Clint calls Brian on his cell phone and it goes straight to voicemail. He goes to the men’s room and looks for him but Brian is not there either. Eventually Clint assumes Brian has left and he leaves as well.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...tXXDg&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=10&ct=image

frontpageroo_r2_c3.gif

What do you know? Does anyone know anything?
http://www.uglytunasaloona.com/calendarcolumbus.php

Brian Shaffer was a second year med student at Ohio State University in the spring of 2006. His mother had battled a devastating and fatal illness with cancer and his girlfriend, Alexis Waggoner had been visiting her family.
Spring Break was about to be in full swing and Brian and his ex roommate Clint Florence headed out that Friday to have some drinks at the local bars.
2005099062917530684_rs.jpg

Brian Shaffer and his friend Clint Florence
The two men arrived at the Ugly Tuna Saloon around 9:15PM and had a few shots. He and Alexis spoke on his cell phone around 10:30PM. Brian and Clint then left the Ugly Tuna Saloon around 11:00PM and walked to Short North Tavern and then to another bar around 11:40PM. By 1:15AM they were back at the Ugly Tuna where their evening had begun.
2005008075866919724_rs.jpg

Brian returning to the Ugly Tuna
Brian can be seen in the grainy surveillance video returning to the Ugly Tuna around 1:15AM. He can also he seen on the foyer near the escalators speaking with some girls that Clint knew. He then walks out of the bottom right side of the camera and Brian Shaffer disappears into thin air.
2005062966517617156_rs.jpg

Brian – last images of him
By 2:00M its closing time. Clint calls Brian on his cell phone and it goes straight to voicemail. He goes to the men’s room and looks for him but Brian is not there either. Eventually Clint assumes Brian has left and he leaves as well.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...tXXDg&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=10&ct=image

That last link, what the heck is going on at this site. These must be the same people responsible for Brian's guestbook on his site being cleared. That's unfortunate.

I don't know who cleared the guestbook. I do know there was so much negativity written there.

I thought it was important to post the last photos of Brian. I have to include the link.

Someone knows something. It is of my opinion that this case is NOT connected to the “smiley face killings”.

Please note that Mohamed Rihani has been found deceased.

unfortunatly i was one of the posters on colton levi clark.for some reason this one guy disrupts any discussion about brians case and turns it into a circus.i beleive 100 % he is the guy who is posting negative comments on his site. i didnt see what was posted that made them shut the guest board down, but with that guy anything is possible.he obvouisly wants to remain annonymous because he only post on sites that dont require you to register.this guys involement with brians case is spooky.im not even going to talk about his post on topix, absolutly CRAZY. I wrote a post a little while back about his suspitous post on brians site..i quit posting because this guy wasnt going to stop causing problems.
Im like alot of people ,i just would like to see the case solved.the family and friends of brian deserve answers and closure.I hope what ever changes they made to his guest book keeps the bs off.hopefully answers will come soon.take care

Annie Le and the disposal of her body has me thinking of Brian's case. Have the police thoroughly checked the bar he was last seen going in, but not coming out of? The basement, walls, etc?

Annie Le and the disposal of her body has me thinking of Brian's case. Have the police thoroughly checked the bar he was last seen going in, but not coming out of? The basement, walls, etc?
I wondered that too. You would think someone would have noticed an odor by now, but I remember reading about a case a few years ago (I want to say from Canada?) about a man who disappeared, and his mummified body was found two or three years later inside a wall of the place he was last seen. There had been an odor there too, but not so strong or unusual that it attracted suspicion.

Excellent question. I often wonder how much LE has thoroughly checked the Ugly Tuna.
I wondered that too. You would think someone would have noticed an odor by now, but I remember reading about a case a few years ago (I want to say from Canada?) about a man who disappeared, and his mummified body was found two or three years later inside a wall of the place he was last seen. There had been an odor there too, but not so strong or unusual that it attracted suspicion.
Being on a college campus; (you know that beer smell) it is definitely possible and I have no doubt would go unnoticed. It is unbelievable to me for others to not have noticed because of the location, but then that is just me.

I have long felt the Ugly Tuna should be searched thoroughly again. IIRC, the staff at the bar were somewhat uncooperative after the initial investigation. I could be wrong, and can't find anything to document that right now, but I just sort of remember reading something about that.

i dont believe brians case is connected to the smiley face murders, but FOX news reported that there is a break in the SF cases , and detectives are about to release names of ,PEOPLE OF INTERST.It would be something else if those two retired detectives prove the fbi and all those police investigators across the country wrong.waiting for answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper