OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay here is what I know about the phone....

Sometime around 1:55am when Brian was seen on camera speaking to Amber and Brightan his phone was on. I know this because Brian had Brightan put her number in his phone. When Clint and Meredith began looking for Brian when they were ready to leave they called his phone. It goes straight to voicemail and continues that until September of 2006 when it suddenly began ringing again before going to voicemail. That is when it pinged off of a tower in Hilliard. It is reported numerous times that his phone rang, but what is seldom reported is his phone rang for almost the whole weekend!! I could buy the glitch scenario that Cingular offered if it were one time, but not repeatedly for a couple of days.

Looking4Brian,

A question? With all the evidence that you have and years of research on the case, if you can share. what do you think happened to Brian, based on the data collected and people spoken with at this time? Are you torn between two possibilities, or are you reasonably convinced what happened? (If you can share this info at this time.) If not, we understand.

Satch

I have often wondered,

If Brian and the gang were so drunk as is being reported with the new information, why does it seem that LE is considering what they are saying as credible? Do we know the type of drinks they had that night and in what amounts? It goes without saying that any alcohal can distort a person's sense of time, judgement, and thinking. It depends on the person's metabolism, environment, mood/personality, and even whom they are with when drinking. Three beers for example could seriously affect one person, but barely phase another.

Satch

Oh wow, I had not heard his phone rang all weekend, so now I don’t buy the glitch scenario either.

Thank you so much for the podcasts and this new information. I still have one question that I’m hoping can be answered at some point, that is regarding Randy and the PI believing that Brian is, or at least was then, alive . Many of us here have wondered what evidence they found that leads them to believe he could be alive. If you could answer this for us would be most appreciated.

Oh, also, have you ever tried or considered trying to interview the PI that worked for Randy? Apologies, but his name eludes me at the moment. TU

I am glad you are enjoying! Don Corbett is episode 4 and we have already spoke to him numerous times. I’m currently writing it as we speak!

You wonder about Brian's phone,

Was he not picking up because he was avoiding Clint? Or was he not picking up because he was already trapped or dead someplace? Glad to hear that we are learning new information, and even MORE information is coming out in the new podcast episodes.

Satch

I think we have to go with either Brian’s phone died, he turned it off intentionally before he left the bar, or someone that harmed him turned it off.

I have often wondered,

If Brian and the gang were so drunk as is being reported with the new information, why does it seem that LE is considering what they are saying as credible? Do we know the type of drinks they had that night and in what amounts? It goes without saying that any alcohal can distort a person's sense of time, judgement, and thinking. It depends on the person's metabolism, environment, mood/personality, and even whom they are with when drinking. Three beers for example could seriously affect one person, but barely phase another.

Satch

I have these same questions. The best I can say about the drinks is it was reported they were doing shots of hard liquor. It’s really strange to me how down played their level of intoxication was, but they were all adamant that they were drunk. So I’m not sure how this warrants the police to take their word either. It seems a lot of weight is put into Meredith passing her polygraph. Everything we have read over the years has always made it sound like Clint was/is a person of interest. But that’s really not the case and that was stated to us by Sergeant Hurst.

Let me ask you guys a question because I haven’t had time to research all of it yet. Can you tell me if any Brian sightings (Besides the homeless man) you have ever heard or read about?

You wonder about Brian's phone,

Was he not picking up because he was avoiding Clint? Or was he not picking up because he was already trapped or dead someplace? Glad to hear that we are learning new information, and even MORE information is coming out in the new podcast episodes.

Satch

I think what has been determined is that it went straight to voicemail, meaning he wasn’t ignoring it—it wasn’t ringing. It was either dead, turned off, or destroyed in a very brief period of time.

Let me ask you guys a question because I haven’t had time to research all of it yet. Can you tell me if any Brian sightings (Besides the homeless man) you have ever heard or read about?

No, other than the homeless guy, I have not. I and I think one other poster here did put in a request for a UID but we have never heard anything back, at least I have not.

Well, there was a photo or two a few pages back here of a guy speculating it could be Brian, but I think in general it was concluded it did not look enough like him, that’s what I recall. The eyes weren’t right. JMO

I am glad you are enjoying! Don Corbett is episode 4 and we have already spoke to him numerous times. I’m currently writing it as we speak!

That’s awesome, I’ll very much be looking forward to it. Thank you again!

No, other than the homeless guy, I have not. I and I think one other poster here did put in a request for a UID but we have never heard anything back, at least I have not.

Well, there was a photo or two a few pages back here of a guy speculating it could be Brian, but I think in general it was concluded it did not look enough like him, that’s what I recall. The eyes weren’t right. JMO

I saw that as well. I do not think that is Brian either. Not to mention to even consider it I would have to know when the pic was taken. He appears to be the same age in the photo as Brian was when he disappeared. Here is a tidbit for you. Don talks about 2 sightings he had of Brian as recent as 1 1/2 years ago. I was actually astonished for some reason that he still gets sighting reported to him.

I think we have to go with either Brian’s phone died, he turned it off intentionally before he left the bar, or someone that harmed him turned it off.

Brian's phone had to be turned off with in minutes from the time he told Clint he was going to talk to (who ever now) and the time Clint called him. I wouldn't think Brian would have had time to get to the construction area in less than 5 minutes when he supposedly walked to the back of the bar and then had to circle around get out into the hallway then the walk to the service elevator.

IMO Brian shut it off. As to why he shut it off and I am only speculating. I'd bet money that Brian was not all that happy with Clint that night for calling Meredith. Also, I'd bet that Brian never spent much time with those two on their second trip to the Tuna.

If Brigthan claims to have been with Brian for an hour which can't be true she's pretty much saying that they spent the bulk of the time together while he was there. This obviously didn't make Clint happy either with his comment about "talking to those girls".

Brian was being stubborn by shutting his phone off and the other two where like heck with him let's go.

Have followed Brian's case since he first disappeared and do not recall any alleged sightings other than the homeless man.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I actually am waiting for a response for that myself! That came from what Brightan stated at the time of her phone call and we didn’t get around to asking her about it at the time.

I'm kinda surprised that she could miss a detail like that after all the publicity about his case and the video time line. I also question how a girl who was admittedly very drunk could have the ability to judge another persons drunkenness.

Sounds like Brian spent a lot of time with Brightan that night. I think that you could find out a lot about what might have happened to Brian by talking to Brightan that night as apposed to Clint. No I am NOT accusing her of anything, what I mean is she might be able to ell us about Brian's demeanor, was he mad about anything, did he talk about Alexis at all? Did they have plans to meet up later or at any other time? You don't talk to someone for that long and not get a little personal to some degree.

Just FYI, there is a girl that Brian was connected to on his Myspace page from Alabama that went missing a little over a month after Brian never to be seen again. I think there is zero chance of there being a connection (no pun) I just thought it weird in a coincidental type way.

Don Corbett the PI that was working for Randy? Ask him if he remembers a girl he talked to named Lisa who was also friends with Randy and ask him if he remembers telling her that when Clint was interviewed he brought up the Virgin Islands to the police. This seems like way too much of a coincidence.

Also ask him about the comment he made that he thought Brian was still alive? Supposedly Randy was convinced too based on what Don had found out.

Clint's posted this on Brian's Myspace page the day they went out. I saw it with my own eyes. I think I saved it and if I find it I will post a photo.

March 31, 2006 11:58 am
Ladies don't believe a word this man says! He loves the asstags.

Apparently he also took Brian off his Myspace friends list.

Just FYI, there is a girl that Brian was connected to on his Myspace page from Alabama that went missing a little over a month after Brian never to be seen again. I think there is zero chance of there being a connection (no pun) I just thought it weird in a coincidental type way.

I will check into this. I wonder if maybe his family added her after Brian went missing? His family had access to his page. Either way it’s worth looking in to!

Clint's posted this on Brian's Myspace page the day they went out. I saw it with my own eyes. I think I saved it and if I find it I will post a photo.

March 31, 2006 11:58 am
Ladies don't believe a word this man says! He loves the asstags.

Apparently he also took Brian off his Myspace friends list.

I have actually heard this! Hmmm *advertiser censored* tags? Lol.

Do you remember her name or have a link to that , embufum? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member