OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe. But I'd bet that tearing up that portion of the level below the Toona that in 2006 was the 'construction area' that Det. Hurst suggests Brian Shaffer entered, would reveal the big answer.

Agree. Had the same thought as the initial poster about maybe uncovering some evidence now that Ugly Tuna is closing. But sadly I suspect it would need to be the lower level that was under construction at the time to find real answers. Oh well, I guess we can still hope......

Very interesting. As mentioned earlier, it's probably not connected but it's one more thing to cross off the list if that is the case. I bet if you did some serious digging you could figure out how MySpace displays oldest/most recent connections. There are probably also MySpace geeks (I'm saying this in a nice way as in I wish I had half the smarts as some of those tech. people do) that may be able to shed some light.

Just to clarify,

Are we saying that Lori's and Brian were My Space friends? if so, interesting!

BTW. Here is Lori's Websleuth's page:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?40813-AL-Lori-Slesinski-24-Auburn-10-June-2006

Satch

PS. Answered above in post #734 (Brian and Lori possible My Space Friends Connection). But anyone with added information, please share! Thank you!

Here's the girl I was talking about. Her name is Lori Ann Slesinski. Brian only had about 45 connections so again the question is when was she added before or after.

[h=3]http://www.wtvm.com/story/16956528/2012/02/Thursday/the-search-for-lori-ann-slesinski-continues[/h]

Okay so I checked into it a little bit. This is Lori’s Missing Person MySpace Page that Brian is connected to. Lori went missing in June 2006 so I would have to say this was his family that followed the page.

Just to clarify,

Are we saying that Lori's and Brian were My Space friends? if so, interesting!

BTW. Here is Lori's Websleuth's page:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?40813-AL-Lori-Slesinski-24-Auburn-10-June-2006

Satch

PS. Answered above in post #734 (Brian and Lori possible My Space Friends Connection). But anyone with added information, please share! Thank you!

Brian’s MySpace Page does follow Loris MySpace Page. However it seems this could be her Missing Persons Page. She went missing in June 2006 so I’m thinking his family followed Loris page when they were logging in to Brian’s account.

Brian’s MySpace Page does follow Loris MySpace Page. However it seems this could be her Missing Persons Page. She went missing in June 2006 so I’m thinking his family followed Loris page when they were logging in to Brian’s account.

Brian only has about 45 or so followers. I don't see how her family would think that an out of date Myspace page would really help all that much. If they friended Brian right away I would ask how did they knew of him since it wasn't really national news in the beginning and if it was later by that time Myspace was out dated. Also one has to dig fairly deep into his friends to even find this girl.

Brian only has about 45 or so followers. I don't see how her family would think that an out of date Myspace page would really help all that much. If they friended Brian right away I would ask how did they knew of him since it wasn't really national news in the beginning and if it was later by that time Myspace was out dated. Also one has to dig fairly deep into his friends to even find this girl.

Hey embufem, I was thinking it could have to do with Brian’s dad, Randy. I remember reading that he reached out to other missing persons families. I did see that Brian was also on her my space, and almost all if not all of the contacts are missing persons. Just a thought.

I have read about this I believe on Pearl Jam threads. Thank you for bringing this up. I would love to know what they found out. ihave heard numerous times Randy went back and forth about what happened to Brian. Especially in the beginning. Now if Clint said US Virgin Islands before the legacy obituary post then I want to know more about that for sure. That would be a huge piece of the puzzle
http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/6392/columbus-area-pearl-jam-fan-gone-missing/p28

Hey embufem, I was thinking it could have to do with Brian’s dad, Randy. I remember reading that he reached out to other missing persons families. I did see that Brian was also on her my space, and almost all if not all of the contacts are missing persons. Just a thought.

Really? wow so that does make it seem like they reached out to his page then.

Brief article in today’s Dispatch. Good to see a little press reminder go out, although not really any new information.

http://www.dispatch.com/news/201805...ng-calls-to-mind-brian-shaffers-disappearance

Well done piece by Theodore Decker. Quote from the article:
The last location where police were able to place Shaffer was at the top of the escalator leading to the bar, and some online amateur sleuths still hold the theory that he never left the building, which was partly under construction. Hurst, though, debunked that idea. “We searched every nook and cranny” of the building, including with cadaver dogs, he said.

Me, I think it is a shame the building is not re-searched using whatever technology is available today. After all, Sgt. Hurst suggests that Brian - presumably alone and drunk - entered the construction area, which was 'heavily under construction' and 'completely dug up'. And this happened at the very same time that Brian seemingly disappeared from the face of the Earth. Last seen in the building, not seen or taped exiting the building, and never once subsequently seen or caught on cam outside the building. Since searchers didn't find him in the construction area, Sgt. Hurst naturally assumes that Brian 'got exited out of there'.

But what if Brian never made it out and his remains are still there? How to find out? I think I may know just the people for the job: https://undergrad.osu.edu/majors-and-academics/majors/detail/41

Well done piece by Theodore Decker. Quote from the article:

Me, I think it is a shame the building is not re-searched using whatever technology is available today. After all, Sgt. Hurst suggests that Brian - presumably alone and drunk - entered the construction area, which was 'heavily under construction' and 'completely dug up'. And this happened at the very same time that Brian seemingly disappeared from the face of the Earth. Last seen in the building, not seen or taped exiting the building, and never once subsequently seen or caught on cam outside the building. Since searchers didn't find him in the construction area, Sgt. Hurst naturally assumes that Brian 'got exited out of there'.

But what if Brian never made it out and his remains are still there? How to find out? I think I may know just the people for the job: https://undergrad.osu.edu/majors-and-academics/majors/detail/41

When you have cops with tunnel vision, it isn't surprising that cases don't get solved.

They searched every nook and cranny that they knew about.

They searched with cadaver dogs, but how many times and how soon? Too soon??? After backfilling had occurred??? After cement had been poured??? After heating and cooling systems had been installed???

And I am not sure, but I think Alexis might have had Brian's log in credentials at My Space. I remember that she posted some things about helping search for Brian.

Satch

Maybe with Ugly Tuna closed,

Could this mean that building part that houses the Ugly Tuna could be renovated/remolded? I wonder if they would find anything?

Satch

And I am not sure, but I think Alexis might have had Brian's log in credentials at My Space. I remember that she posted some things about helping search for Brian.

Satch

Good point, I remember reading that as well.

Satch

Alexis did for sure have Brian's log in info. Not sure about now.

Maybe with Ugly Tuna closed,

Could this mean that building part that houses the Ugly Tuna could be renovated/remolded? I wonder if they would find anything?

Satch

From what I read there are putting an office in there that has to do with Ohio State. I would think that that place would get torn apart.

When you have cops with tunnel vision, it isn't surprising that cases don't get solved.

They searched every nook and cranny that they knew about.

They searched with cadaver dogs, but how many times and how soon? Too soon??? After backfilling had occurred??? After cement had been poured??? After heating and cooling systems had been installed???

Yeah, it'd be nice to know

1) When the 'construction area' was searched. That week? Weeks later? Months?
2) By whom? Whose dogs?
3) How many times?
4) How long? An hour? Ten hours? Any digging, excavating?
4) Did searchers consult with the developer and the GC about what the breadth and status of site was on 4/1/06 - trench here, footing here, pit here, utility run here, since paved here, here and here, odor detected here, etc.

Anyone happen to know who the General Contractor was? Would be very interesting to hear from the guy who ran the project for them back in '06.

Yeah, it'd be nice to know

1) When the 'construction area' was searched.
2) By whom? Who's dogs?
3) How many times?
4) Did searchers consult with the developer and the GC about what status of site was on 4/1/06 - trench here, footing here, pit here, since paved here, here and here, odor detected here, etc.

Anyone happen to know who the General Contractor was?

In the podcast Det Hurst mentioned the building being searched top to bottom. Also said scent dogs and cadaver dogs were used multiple times. He doesn't really go into specifics about who's dogs and how many exact times for each dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karmalicious478