OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think we are on the same page. We all have our opinions and this case is so unique it's like we are just running around in circles due to the lack of evidence or completely wrong info that is posted.

There are many things that the police are holding back so that puts us at a disadvantage. Det Hurst mentioned that he couldn't tell us too many details about Brian's apartment being broke into but it's not related. I don't believe that. For example his guitars were not taken and other expensive items. Guitars are worth a lot of money why would someone break in and not take them? Is it possible "they" were looking for something specific?

Clint talked about the Virgin Islands to the police early on and when Randy died someone claiming to be Brian posts in his on line obituary and puts in parenthesis (US Virgin Islands) Of course this is all a hoax. Someone just happened to post VI and Clint just happened to mention it.

Also the poster never said he was posting from the VI just that he was possibly "in" the Virgin Islands. Get what I'm saying? Maybe someone posted that for Brian or maybe someone wanted people to know possibly where he was at the time.

Brian also mentioned wanting to live on an Island another coincidence? Now we also find out recently that Brian's phone rang all weekend not just for a day. All this to me adds up to more that "just coincidence".

Glad you brought up the Virgin Islands. Because that’s always been a big hmmmm moment for me as well. Seems possibly a little too coincidental ? And the burglary of his apartment? Huge red flag as well, IMO.

I know the gay issue has been floating around about Clint for years but as far as I can tell Clint has been married for quite a few years. For obvious reasons I won't disclose any personal info.

OK so one coincidence and one very odd thing. So one of the girls that Brian was talking to happens to live in Hilliard which is where Brian's phone pinged a few months later but I'm pretty sure she didn't live there at the time it pinged.

Now for the odd thing. When I did a map search for Brian's apartment I first got an aerial view picture and the little check mark for the location was on the other side of the Gateway parking garage! If Brian would have come out the side door by the construction area exit this would have put him directly in front of the garage in the alley. So the marker was on the other side of that garage. Brian's apartment is actually about a mile away walking distance. Of all the places in Columbus for that marker to be what's the chances of it not only being wrong but having the marker by the Gateway garage? I have a photo that I can post but I have to transfer it to this computer.

I know the gay issue has been floating around about Clint for years but as far as I can tell Clint has been married for quite a few years. For obvious reasons I won't disclose any personal info.

And people wonder why Clint opted to take the advice to put a lawyer between himself and the media and LE...

. Brian's apartment is actually about a mile away walking distance....

I believe Brian's apartment was in the 200 block of King Avenue, which would be less than 1/2 mile walk from the Toona.

You're welcome and thanks for the info. Usually I'm asked where do I find my info so I was posting it for everyone to see. So from now on I will just say "from another forum".

My take away from this is that your highly speculative posts come from other highly speculative posts in another forum.

Sorry, I’m not picking on you, but I just don’t see how this is productive to the discussion when it revolves around “facts” that can’t be verified and reading into things to try to make them fit the answer you seek. At best it is unproductive and at worst it is counterproductive.

Much more productive will be actually hearing from Don himself in the upcoming podcast, she he is privy to actual confirmed facts. Same with the episode when they talk to Brightan and Amber, when that occurs.

I believe Brian's apartment was in the 200 block of King Avenue, which would be less than 1/2 mile walk from the Toona.

Correct he lived at 208 King. Shows about a 12 minute walk.

And people wonder why Clint opted to take the advice to put a lawyer between himself and the media and LE...

I wondered about this myself. Clint seems to have made a very successful life for himself, but there is not much to find on him as far a social media. I am betting this is because he gets hassled so much about Brian's disappearance. If he would have taken a polygraph I'm sure people would have talked about other things pertaining to how he acted.

The Wendy's in relationship to the Ulgy Tuna. I believe it closed down sometime around 2014-15.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• wendys.jpg
    wendys.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 145
  • wendys1.jpg
    wendys1.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 148
The Wendy's in relationship to the Ulgy Tuna. I believe it closed down sometime around 2014-15.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Thanks Embufum for the pictures,

I wish that LE would release everything that they know about Brian's case to the public. (I believe the whole story is not being told by police cuz it's an active missing person's case.) However, if we could know everything that they won't say, I think this case could be solvable!

Satch

I wish that LE would release everything that they know about Brian's case to the public. (I believe the whole story is not being told by police cuz it's an active missing person's case.) However, if we could know everything that they won't say, I think this case could be solvable!

Satch

Welcome :) and I totally agree.

Glad you brought up the Virgin Islands. Because that’s always been a big hmmmm moment for me as well. Seems possibly a little too coincidental ? And the burglary of his apartment? Huge red flag as well, IMO.

Satch

For me, the biggest things they won't address are, first, how much time passed between Brian's disappearance and the search of the construction site and, second, what work was performed in the interim. It seems like there's something they don't want the public to know, such as, perhaps, 500 thousand cubic feet of dirt had been pushed around because they were asleep at the switch and waited a week before searching the site.

Brian's walk home. He could have also walked further down to his corner. Probably a safer bet. I know they said that back then it was a higher crime area but don't for a second think it's safe to walk the streets at night in that area even today.

attachment.php

Attachments

• brianwalkhome.jpg
    brianwalkhome.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 162
For me, the biggest things they won't address are, first, how much time passed between Brian's disappearance and the search of the construction site and, second, what work was performed in the interim. It seems like there's something they don't want the public to know, such as, perhaps, 500 thousand cubic feet of dirt had been pushed around because they were asleep at the switch and waited a week before searching the site.

Yeah, and if there was a significant delay between 4/1/06 and the first search of the building housing the Toona, the 'construction area' and other spaces, did LE consult with building owner, building manager, and construction GC as to any changes that may have taken place, work that may have been done etc. in the interim? Wouldn't surprise me to learn that LE did not, and that they were not in there searching until weeks if not months post-disappearance.

Dateline did a story on this a few weeks after it happened and I just noticed that they said Alexis called Brian at 10 pm. Hasn't it always been said that Brian called Alexis?

Actually both happened. Brian called Alexis and left a voicemail. She then apparently returned the call and spoke to him. I have a copy of the voicemail.

A question I posted earlier, was Clint at Brian’s apartment for six hours the day he went missing? If so, why? As in, was he in Brian’s apartment doing something? If so what?
Did LE treat Brians apartment as a crime scene and gather forensic evidence from there including from his computer?

Also, did they conduct forensic evidence on Clints car and apartment?
pp. TIA

ETA:; Clint and Brian weren’t roommates at that time were they?

A couple of more answers for you. Forensic testing was done on Brian’s car, Clint’s car, Meredith’s car, and the Professors house where Clint and Meredith stayed that night.

Is there any way that we could get an audio file of Brian's voice? Even better, relating to the case? Any conversations? It might help assess his moods and feelings.

Satch

There was a show on about Brian not long after he disappeared and on that show they showed the construction entrance doors to the left of the Tuna. As you can see they are pad locked shut but this doesn't mean that they were like that the night Brian went missing. This pic is a video capture and right after this scene they panned to the right and you will see the Tuna's entrance.
attachment.php

Attachments

• briandoors.jpeg
    briandoors.jpeg
    27.9 KB · Views: 226
Is there any way that we could get an audio file of Brian's voice? Even better, relating to the case? Any conversations? It might help assess his moods and feelings.

Satch

Just search on search Youtube and you can hear a message that Brian left to Alexis on her cell. Far as I know that's the only one out there available to the public.

Yeah, and if there was a significant delay between 4/1/06 and the first search of the building housing the Toona, the 'construction area' and other spaces, did LE consult with building owner, building manager, and construction GC as to any changes that may have taken place, work that may have been done etc. in the interim? Wouldn't surprise me to learn that LE did not, and that they were not in there searching until weeks if not months post-disappearance.

Personally, I feel that Det. Hurst is REALLY trying to sell the theory that Brian definitely made it out of the building that night. At the start of this case it was "no other possible way Brian could have exited", now all of a sudden it's "there were a few exits he could have gone through". Also the cameras were a big focus, but now Hurst is saying to not focus on the cameras, as they were not reliable/working properly. I am in no way accusing him of anything sinister, but it just seems like he wants people to go with the idea that Brian can't possibly be in the construction zone. Seems like LE is doing anything to avoid being pressured into digging up the foundation, either because A) It's just simply a lot of work and resources that go into doing that and/or B) In the event that anything is found buried there, it could embarrass LE for a botched investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karmalicious478