Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, so do you have a theory? TIA

The short answer to that is no. I do have some thoughts about what happened and where Brian may have gone in the short term. I know a lot more that most people about this case and a heck of a lot less then a few more if that make any sense to you. With all that being said I can tell you some of my thoughts as to what I have personally looked into. The other stuff I can't but I imagine will come out in due time.

Keep in mind these are all my thoughts based on my own research. I believe that Brian made it out of the building that night. I think that he most likely got picked up by someone he knew. I think it was planned maybe in the short term meaning the ride home. I have always thought he was ditching Clint and Meridith. I never thought that Brian was into Alexis as much as it was made out to be. I'm not saying he didn't love her. I also think that Alexis thought Brian did run away at first and according to her last interview I am convinced she still thinks he did. As far a him being alive today I'm not sure what she thinks.

I have never found any evidence that shows Brian being murdered. I have found clues that suggest he had the mind set of leaving it all behind. It's not impossible that Brian could still be out there alive and living with someone and it's also possible he is dead. My personal opinion is if he is dead it was by the hands of someone he knew. This is just my own prediction but I think that within the next 2 years we will know what happened to Brian. I could be a lot sooner as there are a lot of people starting to get this story out there like never before.

The short answer to that is no. I do have some thoughts about what happened and where Brian may have gone in the short term. I know a lot more that most people about this case and a heck of a lot less then a few more if that make any sense to you. With all that being said I can tell you some of my thoughts as to what I have personally looked into. The other stuff I can't but I imagine will come out in due time.

Keep in mind these are all my thoughts based on my own research. I believe that Brian made it out of the building that night. I think that he most likely got picked up by someone he knew. I think it was planned maybe in the short term meaning the ride home. I have always thought he was ditching Clint and Meridith. I never thought that Brian was into Alexis as much as it was made out to be. I'm not saying he didn't love her. I also think that Alexis thought Brian did run away at first and according to her last interview I am convinced she still thinks he did. As far a him being alive today I'm not sure what she thinks.

I have never found any evidence that shows Brian being murdered. I have found clues that suggest he had the mind set of leaving it all behind. It's not impossible that Brian could still be out there alive and living with someone and it's also possible he is dead. My personal opinion is if he is dead it was by the hands of someone he knew. This is just my own prediction but I think that within the next 2 years we will know what happened to Brian. I could be a lot sooner as there are a lot of people starting to get this story out there like never before.
May i gently inquire if the person that Brian may have received a lift from, is a male?
Would any such rendezvous involve drugs or other pursuits?
speculation

Thanks for this dotr, even though I read this a while back I had totally forgotten about it. It sure makes one think, doesn’t it? Perhaps Brian left and did in fact fall victim to foul play after he left the bar. If so it’s possible he left with someone and something happened away from the immediate area. Or if something happened to him in that general area his body was removed, possibly to a location away from there where the searchers wouldn’t find him. He could be anywhere.
I will always wonder what his reason was for giving Clint and Meredith the slip, which is what I believe he did. JMO

It’s certainly possible he ran into foul play after leaving, I think. Back when Brian went missing, that area was very bad - and yes, Sky Bar was incredibly sketchy as Randy alluded to. Ugly Tuna was marginally better. McFadden’s (the Irish pub across from Mad Mex that’s gone through four or five name changes since) always seemed a little safer than those two. But the area around the bars and the garage never felt all that safe, despite cameras and security. There was always more than the usual bar brawls. The area around Gateway is not much better now. There’s some local media coverage, but the university tries to keep a lot of the bad stuff brushed under the rug. Lots of armed robberies, rapes, beatings and muggings. Some unstable homeless people. And that’s with it being “cleaned up” compared to when Brian went missing.

May i gently inquire if the person that Brian may have received a lift from, is a male?
Would any such rendezvous involve drugs or other pursuits?
speculation

These are questions that have been on my mind as well, dotr.

We're putting the cart before the horse considering that there's no evidence that Brian got a ride from anyone.

Referring to some earlier comments, the notion that Brian was trying to ditch Clint and Meredith doesn't gel with his entering the construction area. He was a grown man; he could have simply told them he was leaving (or not bothered to tell them) and walked back down the escalator.

He could have ducked out if he saw someone whom he wanted to avoid coming up the escalator, but the far simpler explanation is that he went the wrong way, possibly while trying to catch up with the band.

How many of you are from Ohio and would be interested in attending a Let’s talk Brian Shaffer night? We would invite people that have investigated Brian’s case, as well as family and friends that knew him well. We can swap information and listen to stories of the person Brian was to his friends and family.

itsrak--yes, the Ugly Tuna Saloona and Gateway theatre most certainly are in adjoining buildings. Today, when you arrive at the top of the escalators, you make a right to enter the Ugly Tuna, or a left to enter the theatre. I was always unsure of whether the construction site was the theatre itself, or if that was already finished/operational. From what you found, if the theatre was opened November 2005, then it would have been operational at the time of Brian's disappearance (which is good to know).

Here is a link to another forum that has several pictures of what the building looks like (I've found it quite helpful for visualization): A Guy Walks Into A Bar ... | The East Area Rapist (EAR) Original Night Stalker (ONS) Golden State Killer.

The accuracy of these locations can be confirmed by these two televisions broadcasts:

1. The E! News program which in one shot pans from the bar entrance to where the big yellow doors indicate the construction entrance (these would have been behind the camera, out of view). See timestamp 5:44:

2. The Dateline broadcast which shows the construction exit at timestamp 5:13:
. For those more knowledgeable than myself about construction, this might provide some idea about the type and extent of construction taking place.

Of note, I know that the reddish doors shown at 5:24-5:29 are where present day Jimmy John's is located, but I am having trouble placing 5:14-5:21.
Going through old posts. Watched again the Dateline show produced 5 weeks after Brian disappeared, which you linked to. You probably already know this, but I am certain that the doors shown at 5:14-5:21 are along the south face of the property, due south of the MadMex space under the UTS. That south face and the space behind it was under construction in preparation for occupancy by new Sunflower Market store, and within 5 months of Brian's disappearance the store was open for business.

I observe that some question whether Brian was drunk that night. In the show (5:43 in), the police are quoted as saying that on the night of the disappearance, Brian had been 'drinking heavily'.

I'd also note that Det. Hurst cited that alcohol intake as having potentially exposed Brian to risk of 'foul play', and not to the risk of, say, accidental death in the construction area. So, while Hurst had noted that the construction area would have 'been difficult sober', it seems that maybe he - five weeks after Brian had disappeared - had been leaning more toward foul play. IMO, foul play seems less and less likely with every passing year w/o a body found or a snitch spilling the beans.

Last edited:
How many of you are from Ohio and would be interested in attending a Let’s talk Brian Shaffer night? We would invite people that have investigated Brian’s case, as well as family and friends that knew him well. We can swap information and listen to stories of the person Brian was to his friends and family.

I’m a local, too.

So a construction guy just came to my door to talk about ripping out stuff and then filling it with cement, so because i am both curious and chatty i asked him questions and he suggested something i do not recall seeing here before.
He did not think it likely at all that someone would not be noticed if they were in the construction area UNLESS someone was paid not to notice- ha ha made a point to tell him i had no such plans!
But what caught my attention was his suggestion that if the building was old enough it might have some leftover prohibition tunnels and escape hatches that a person could leave the building either by choice or otherwise.
fwiw, speculation, imo.

But what caught my attention was his suggestion that if the building was old enough it might have some leftover prohibition tunnels and escape hatches that a person could leave the building either by choice or otherwise.
fwiw, speculation, imo.

Appreciate thinking outside the box, but I am pretty sure the Gateway building was built in the early 2000s, like ~2004-2005. So not quite prohibition era.

So a construction guy just came to my door to talk about ripping out stuff and then filling it with cement, so because i am both curious and chatty i asked him questions and he suggested something i do not recall seeing here before.
He did not think it likely at all that someone would not be noticed if they were in the construction area UNLESS someone was paid not to notice- ha ha made a point to tell him i had no such plans!
fwiw, speculation, imo.

Mhmm very interesting

fwiw, speculation, imo.

So a construction guy just came to my door to talk about ripping out stuff and then filling it with cement

was this a requested call or did some random dude come to your door to discuss ripping things out (making holes!) and covering them up cement?

Did he talk like Marlon in the Godfather?

are there things you would like to share my dear?

please refrain from giving cement diggers any ideas

we would miss you !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads