OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They searched part of the franklin county lanfill 18 days after he disappeared. By then they were out of other leads..so it was a desperate attempt. I'm just filling in that they weren't standing idle with their hands in their pocket.
The trunk option is viable in my opinion.
The construction area, I have my own doubts too, based on Hurst comments that is was in a completely dug up state. Which is not typical of a covered building. I mean, does he mean it was in this state? Which is opposite to the Gateway btw.

Lookingforbrian told us a while back she was trying to get the pics of the construction area.
I am still trying to get pictures. A FOIA request was put in a couple of months ago and we still haven’t received anything. With it being an open case I’m limited to what I can get.

Hello everyone! I’m sorry I haven’t posted in so long. We have been working on getting Brian a 6 part investigative documentary with a media company that works with pretty much every major network. In order for them to do it they needed new unreleased information so I put the podcast on hold in order to get Brian a bigger audience. Sadly I don’t think it’s going to happen. I was told male disappearances do not get as many viewers as female disappearances. Seriously!?! Even though I haven’t been told no yet, my gut tells me this isn’t going to happen. When and if that happens I will revive the podcast. In the mean time all the episodes to Brian Shaffer Dead or Alive and Missing in Ohio are on YouTube. I have been eat, sleep, and breathing this case like never before in the past 2 months and have found some interesting things. For instance I had no clue when they broke ground for the Gateway Building, that they found tunnels and old tracks. I know there are tunnels all over campus and Columbus, but I didn’t know they were under the building itself. It may not mean anything, but everything is worth looking into at this point. Honestly, I’m a little overwhelmed with everything right now. I have mentioned it before, but I’m going to put together a group of people that would like to help. If anyone is interested let me know. It’s been almost 14 years! It time to get answers for Brian and The Shaffer Family.
BBM

A left-over tunnel section could (obviously) have caved in. If Brian died in a tunnel collapse, he could be buried much deeper than many of us had considered.

Sadly I don’t think it’s going to happen. I was told male disappearances do not get as many viewers as female disappearances. Seriously!?! Even though I haven’t been told no yet, my gut tells me this isn’t going to happen.

(Snipped)

Darn... I wish they understood the extent to which the Brian Shaffer case is the exception. It sounds like they don't. People are obsessed with this case. Every time a true crime podcaster or YouTuber does an episode on this case, they're doing it because it's been one of the most requested cases by their followers.

Actually they did move the dirt piles and searched with the cadaver dogs, but the dogs didn’t hit inside the building.
When you say 'they did move the dirt piles' what do you mean? Who? What is the source of this info? How did they move the dirt - shovel, bobcat, or what? Color me skeptical. It wasn't long ago you contended there was but one small hole in the ground in the construction area. Hurst subsequently reasserted in your most recent interview of him that the construction area was completely dug up.

With the mention of tunnels it got me thinking about the Dallas Egbert story. Sad. Many campuses have tunnels. I know UTS was off campus, but perhaps there was a tunnel to exit and Brian knew of the tunnel and he attempted to leave that night via the tunnel? All speculation on my part.

That sucks about them not wanting to do a show. I can't imagine it not getting good ratings. Sometimes I don't think the higher ups are in touch with what the people would really like to see.

When you say 'they did move the dirt piles' what do you mean? Who? What is the source of this info? How did they move the dirt - shovel, bobcat, or what? Color me skeptical. It wasn't long ago you contended there was but one small hole in the ground in the construction area. Hurst subsequently reasserted in your most recent interview of him that the construction area was completely dug up.

When it was described to me at first from John and Don, they stated it was a small hole for the beginning of the elevator shaft. The construction area has been described to me as almost complete and completely dug up. John Hurst stated to me after our last interview that they searched the entire hole then moved the dirt poles (by hand) and searched those as well. The dogs were present for the search.

BBM

A left-over tunnel section could (obviously) have caved in. If Brian died in a tunnel collapse, he could be buried much deeper than many of us had considered.

Here is a portion of the article I found talking about the initial construction of The Gateway Complex. There is another one I’m looking for in my files that states tunnels.

Attachments

• 75A425AF-FE85-45DA-B5C6-FE6AE15A6125.jpeg
    75A425AF-FE85-45DA-B5C6-FE6AE15A6125.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 44
Not sure how many will remember this but a while ago I mentioned finding an old post about someone posting about Brian and him possibly being buried under some newly planted trees. This post was made about two weeks after he disappeared. At the end of the post he said his name was Brian. Well turns out his name really is Brian and was born in 1979. Can’t find much on this guy but at one point he did live not far from where Brian was supposedly seen by the United dairy. Not sure if he was living there at the exact time. He seems to have no family and moves around a lot. I’ll post more if I find anything.

This guy who wrote the post 2 weeks after Brian went missing is extremely hard to track down. He has a ton of different emails but most of them are not valid. So I posted just the name part of one of the emails in a search engine and one of the results that came up is some kind of bus schedule from SEPTA "Route 79 | Columbus Commons to 29th-Snyder" This is extremely weird because the name for the email has zero to do with a bus schedule for Columbus.

This guy who wrote the post 2 weeks after Brian went missing is extremely hard to track down. He has a ton of different emails but most of them are not valid. So I posted just the name part of one of the emails in a search engine and one of the results that came up is some kind of bus schedule from SEPTA "Route 79 | Columbus Commons to 29th-Snyder" This is extremely weird because the name for the email has zero to do with a bus schedule for Columbus.

That is not a bus schedule for Columbus OH. SEPTA is the SouthEastern Pennsylvania Transit Authority. (Philadelphia and suburbs.) Columbus Commons is one end of the route; 29th and Snyder Aves. is the other end.
SEPTA | Route 79 | Columbus Commons to 29th-Snyder | Weekday | to 29th-Snyder

Which post are you talking about? Is it in thread #1? Can you give a post #? I'm curious as to whether this person has any connection to Philadelphia. (I also spy a rabbit hole I'm not sure is worth going down. :confused: )

edited: to further explain the public transit route in Philadelphia

Last edited:
That is not a bus schedule for Columbus. SEPTA is the SouthEastern Pennsylvania (public) Transit Authority. (Philadelphia and suburbs.)
SEPTA | Route 79 | Columbus Commons to 29th-Snyder | Weekday | to 29th-Snyder

Which post are you talking about? Is it in thread #1? Can you give a post #? I'm curious as to whether this person has any connection to Philadelphia. (I also spy a rabbit hole I'm not sure is worth going down. :confused: )

Thanks for that info I just realized this. I thought it was a bus or train schedule to or from PA to Ohio. I'll look for the post, I know it's been posted on here before somewhere. The guy associated with the email posted on April 14th I believe on 2006 that it may be possible that Brian was buried in a spot next to a store which he named as there were freshly planted trees. I do know that CPD saw this post and searched that area. What I do not know is if they know who this man is. In order for the man to know about these trees he had to be in that area in the last two weeks. The place he is talking about is a bar that Brian had to walk by on his way to the Ugly Tuna. It will probably turn out to be nothing but I'm curious to know more about him. In 2005 he was charged with criminal trespass, carrying a concealed weapon and disorderly conduct. There is one more thing about him that I'm holding back because I want to make sure it's true. If it is true it's possible Brian may have known this guy or this guy may have known who Brian was and had seen him around at the local bars.

Thanks for that info I just realized this. I thought it was a bus or train schedule to or from PA to Ohio. I'll look for the post, I know it's been posted on here before somewhere. The guy associated with the email posted on April 14th I believe on 2006 that it may be possible that Brian was buried in a spot next to a store which he named as there were freshly planted trees. I do know that CPD saw this post and searched that area. What I do not know is if they know who this man is. In order for the man to know about these trees he had to be in that area in the last two weeks. The place he is talking about is a bar that Brian had to walk by on his way to the Ugly Tuna. It will probably turn out to be nothing but I'm curious to know more about him. In 2005 he was charged with criminal trespass, carrying a concealed weapon and disorderly conduct. There is one more thing about him that I'm holding back because I want to make sure it's true. If it is true it's possible Brian may have known this guy or this guy may have known who Brian was and had seen him around at the local bars.

Interesting. Columbus Commons in Philadelphia is a shopping center, opened in 2004. Columbus Commons in Philadelphia, PA - (shopping mall)

It has tree plantings, which you can see in the photo slideshow. Columbus Commons

Columbus Commons in Columbus appears to be a city park, but formerly was a mall.

This SEPTA/Philadelphia thing is probably a red herring, but it's strange.

Interesting. Columbus Commons in Philadelphia is a shopping center, opened in 2004. Columbus Commons in Philadelphia, PA - (shopping mall)

It has tree plantings, which you can see in the photo slideshow. Columbus Commons

Columbus Commons in Columbus appears to be a city park, but formerly was a mall.

This SEPTA/Philadelphia thing is probably a red herring, but it's strange.

What I think this guy is doing is using fake emails to register on some sights and they are somehow still getting associated with him. The only way this can happen is if he uses his real info. He has another weapons charge in the late part of 2005 also.

Thanks for that info I just realized this. I thought it was a bus or train schedule to or from PA to Ohio. I'll look for the post, I know it's been posted on here before somewhere. The guy associated with the email posted on April 14th I believe on 2006 that it may be possible that Brian was buried in a spot next to a store which he named as there were freshly planted trees. I do know that CPD saw this post and searched that area. What I do not know is if they know who this man is. In order for the man to know about these trees he had to be in that area in the last two weeks. The place he is talking about is a bar that Brian had to walk by on his way to the Ugly Tuna. It will probably turn out to be nothing but I'm curious to know more about him. In 2005 he was charged with criminal trespass, carrying a concealed weapon and disorderly conduct. There is one more thing about him that I'm holding back because I want to make sure it's true. If it is true it's possible Brian may have known this guy or this guy may have known who Brian was and had seen him around at the local bars.[/QUOTE
I believe the post you are referring to is the old blog Beyond Frazzled. I have the post if you need a copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801