OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurst last year specifically left open the possibility that Brian may not have 'gotten exited out of' the construction area. Hurst characterized the chances that Brian made it out as 'most likely', rather than, say, definitely.

Yeah, i'm not sure of anything. Just think there's something LE knows that makes them think Brian "most likely" made it out of the construction area.

Yeah, i'm not sure of anything. Just think there's something LE knows that makes them think Brian "most likely" made it out of the construction area.
But consider if Hurst had instead said that Brian most likely did not make it out. That begs the question, 'well, why didn't you find his body?' and 'why didn't you move some dirt?' Hurst, having speculated that Brian was in the construction area, pretty much has to say that Brian 'most likely' made it out.

But consider if Hurst had instead said that Brian most likely did not make it out. That begs the question, 'well, why didn't you find his body?' and 'why didn't you move some dirt?' Hurst, having speculated that Brian was in the construction area, pretty much has to say that Brian 'most likely' made it out.

I see what you're saying and you could be right. Personally though i do think there's something that they aren't telling the public that heavily points to Brian making it out, otherwise i think they would have searched it by now.

I guess you believe he's there? Like i said in an earlier post i've never had a concrete theory in this case, so i don't feel strongly about anything and never really have.

Hey guys! I just released a new episode on Brian Shaffer Dead or Alive Podcast. It’s my interview with Brightan. There are a couple new tidbits of information but nothing huge. Next week I have a very in-depth interview with John Hurst, who I am about to start working for. We have some big things we are planning, but still ironing out the details. I’ve done this before and it worked out well so I’m going to do it again. If you have any questions for John Hurst email them to me at BrianShafferDeadorAlive@gmail.com Obviously there are things he still can’t answer, but I will ask them all. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Thank you for a great episode. I've thought a lot about a reason for Brian to ditch his pals at the Ugly Tuna, and the reason you're portraying is factual and sound.
Things are narrowing down fast...I mean from being the perfect "crime" or the perfect "runaway"

Last edited:
One is that they have his phone

It wouldn't really change that much though, except that he most likely made it out from the Ugly Tuna and the construction area...

How did they get their hands on his phone? If they do have his phone, then they know he left the bar with someone and what for. And they also have a pretty good if not definite idea who killed him.

How did they get their hands on his phone? If they do have his phone, then they know he left the bar with someone and what for. And they also have a pretty good if not definite idea who killed him.

I think they obtained the phone from e-cycle back in september 2006. A bunch of people incl. LE , his father, Alexis called multiple times. The glitch thing is an "explanation" not the actual truth.
They most likely figured out it was laying charged on a repair desk in on their premises.

Kelly in the podcast has obtained the phone records of Brians phone and that isn't a deal-breaker yet in solving the case so why would the phone be.

Ultimately it didn't change the main theories or the case, except for that he likely made it out of the Ugly Tuna Salloona or the construction zone.

I think they obtained the phone from e-cycle back in september 2006. A bunch of people incl. LE , his father, Alexis called multiple times. The glitch thing is an "explanation" not the actual truth.
They most likely figured out it was laying charged on a repair desk in on their premises.

Kelly in the podcast has obtained the phone records of Brians phone and that isn't a deal-breaker yet in solving the case so why would the phone be.

Ultimately it didn't change the main theories or the case, except for that he likely made it out of the Ugly Tuna Salloona or the construction zone.

And how did e-cycle obtain the phone? It didn't turn up out of the blue. This is the first I've heard ever that Brian's phone is in anyone's possession. Plus, Brightan, in a podcast interview, believes that there is no way the phone pinging numerous times in September 2006 was a glitch. How did the phone get to their repair desk? Who brought it there? The phone was long thought to have disappeared along with Brian. Now you are saying it didn't?

Last edited:
I guess I disagree and agree, LOL! Seriously guys, I have batted this damn thing back and forth for a few years now, as I'm sure many others here have as well. Why, because there's virtually no evidence of anything, which leads us all to nothing else but inconclusive.

It's no doubt a true mystery, maybe one of the biggest ones in our time. That of course is if you discount Bigfoot or Aliens. :D

Honestly, At this point, I am leaning toward him making it out of the building. After that, it's up for grabs. Either he left on his own and started a new life, or he ran into foul play.

As far as his phone, well, it could have been him. I agree he could have hidden out there for a while before leaving the area. Not hard to believe at all, If you have what you consider to be a toxic family, perhaps you aren't really close to them.... who may not agree with your life choices, etc., and if you feel the need to distance yourself, then that's what you might do.
Believe me, I've been there, and actually regret not doing what "that person" might have done. Talk about freedom, what a relief.

On the other hand, it could have been a killer who ended up with his phone. Or, someone who found his phone and.....

Honestly, At this point, I am leaning toward him making it out of the building. After that, it's up for grabs. Either he left on his own and started a new life, or he ran into foul play.
Yes, it's up for grabs ,I didn't study to become a doctor and I'm not Brian but I personally would have walked away before all the exams were completed that week. Doesn't make any sense to go through all that and then run-away. Don't know the results he got however, maybe he failed miserably, maybe not.

So here is my big question, Kelly and I have discussed it a bit and I still can't wrap my head around it...Maybe it means I am old and was still pretty sheltered in college. I know Brian had a whole lot going on, the big exam, the death of his mother and lots of life happening. However, if Brian had been back for "weeks", maybe a couple of months, then why hadn't he already gotten together with his friends? Why was he having a group of friends over after a night out at the bar? Is it me that this scenario just rubs a little funny? If I am getting together with friends I would do it at a normal time, like in the afternoon or maybe pre-drinks for a night out on the town, not at 2 or 3 AM. If I ran into them while out and it was impromptu, that's different but this was allegedly planned in advance. Does this mean I am old? ;) I also have a tough time with the fact that these friends admittedly didn't try to call him when he didn't call about getting together after he left the bar (now we know it was b/c he was gone). Maybe it's b/c I am a woman, but if I was supposed to go see my friend that had been gone an extended period of time, their mother just died and so forth and so on, if they didn't call like they said they would, I would definitely call them and probably a few times more than once. Pg66, I agree that LE knows something we don't, they know a lot that we don't. I will remind you all that just a few months ago, CPD Tweeted that they hope Brian is alive and well. Maybe it was a "social media marketing tool" but we just don't know.

I have been following this case for what seems like forever and just listened to the new podcast from Kelly. I think all the work she and others have done is commendable and amazing but something is gnawing at me. If the best case scenario is true that Brian is alive and just left his life, what are we doing? What good would it do for Brian to upend his escape? What good is finding someone (an adult) that doesn’t want to be found?

I personally do not believe he is alive as much as I wish he could be. But the question above still leaves me unsettled. I want the truth to be found for his family, but if the truth is that he left, finding that out would do no good for Brian. Just moo.

I'm trying to remember what the book was I read or maybe I heard it on a podcast but basically it says if the cops did track him down and he said he wanted to leave everything behind they have to respect that and can give the family only bare minimum details just saying they don't wish to be contacted. I doubt they would just keep up the facade of on ongoing investigation.

I'm trying to remember what the book was I read or maybe I heard it on a podcast but basically it says if the cops did track him down and he said he wanted to leave everything behind they have to respect that and can give the family only bare minimum details just saying they don't wish to be contacted. I doubt they would just keep up the facade of on ongoing investigation.

I believe you're thinking of the Comeback podcast, and the interview with Don Corbett.

I believe you're thinking of the Comeback podcast, and the interview with Don Corbett.

Thank you,I must have heard it on there too but I've heard it previously also it's bugging me that I can't remember where lol.

Thank you,I must have heard it on there too but I've heard it previously also it's bugging me that I can't remember where lol.

The podcast episode was released a fair while ago... and Corbett's comment has been replicated a bit since then. You might have seen posts about it on Reddit, Facebook, or a blog post etc... written by anyone who had already heard the podcast (even if they didn't cite the podcast in the comment).

There's definitely no book on the Brian Shaffer case. I wish there were, but I think that if any true crime writer out there has their sights set on this case... they'd be waiting until there there is more information to go on. Even if they squeezed as many chapters as they could out of the available information, it would still be a pretty short book.

just out of curiosity, Don Corbett said in the podcast he could release the pics he had on the Brian Shaffer look-alike to Nick, do you know if he ever did that?

I am not a "conflict lover" but something is really bothering me. I know for a fact that there are (at least) 2 people on this board that have multiple Websleuth's identities. One of these people has A LOT and actually responds to their posts as if they aren't the same person that wrote it. I am fairly new to Websleuths and would like to know if this is a common thing on here! I am pretty perplexed to be honest! Why in the world would someone do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro