OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! It’s been a crazy couple of weeks with information coming in that I was unaware of. It will be covered in my episode with John Hurst. Thank you to everyone that sent questions for John!! Now I have a bit of information that just came to me today. I was talking to the PI on Brian’s Case and he received something interesting in the mail. I have his permission to share this with you. He received a letter with no return address, but with some contents. The envelope and the letter were both typed. The only identifying thing from the letter is the postal stamp(which I can’t disclose yet). The contents and the letter give the PI reason to believe Brian is alive. I will update with more once I have it, but this sounds very promising. I’m not trying to be cryptic just trying to wait until we have more details. The information in the past week has been more promising than anything we have ever heard before. BTW I do have some of the sighting pics that were sent to the PI over the years. I can share if everyone would like, but trust me when I say none of these people are Brian. There is no resemblance IMO.

Yes, it's up for grabs ,I didn't study to become a doctor and I'm not Brian but I personally would have walked away before all the exams were completed that week. Doesn't make any sense to go through all that and then run-away. Don't know the results he got however, maybe he failed miserably, maybe not.

His finals he just took was not the test he was stressed about. It was upcoming boards.

I think they obtained the phone from e-cycle back in september 2006. A bunch of people incl. LE , his father, Alexis called multiple times. The glitch thing is an "explanation" not the actual truth.
They most likely figured out it was laying charged on a repair desk in on their premises.

Kelly in the podcast has obtained the phone records of Brians phone and that isn't a deal-breaker yet in solving the case so why would the phone be.

Ultimately it didn't change the main theories or the case, except for that he likely made it out of the Ugly Tuna Salloona or the construction zone.

The phone records have given me a lot of new information to go off of. I will go into detail with John Hurst on my upcoming episode, but the ringing of the phone and the pings are 2 separate incidents. I briefly mentioned this on the episode I did on Brian on Missing in Ohio.

I have been following this case for what seems like forever and just listened to the new podcast from Kelly. I think all the work she and others have done is commendable and amazing but something is gnawing at me. If the best case scenario is true that Brian is alive and just left his life, what are we doing? What good would it do for Brian to upend his escape? What good is finding someone (an adult) that doesn’t want to be found?

I personally do not believe he is alive as much as I wish he could be. But the question above still leaves me unsettled. I want the truth to be found for his family, but if the truth is that he left, finding that out would do no good for Brian. Just moo.

I struggle with this daily. Here’s what I can say...If I find definitive proof that Brian Shaffer was not the victim of foul play I will quit searching. Until then it’s a 50/50 chance he is alive.

Hey everyone! It’s been a crazy couple of weeks with information coming in that I was unaware of. It will be covered in my episode with John Hurst. Thank you to everyone that sent questions for John!! Now I have a bit of information that just came to me today. I was talking to the PI on Brian’s Case and he received something interesting in the mail. I have his permission to share this with you. He received a letter with no return address, but with some contents. The envelope and the letter were both typed. The only identifying thing from the letter is the postal stamp(which I can’t disclose yet). The contents and the letter give the PI reason to believe Brian is alive. I will update with more once I have it, but this sounds very promising. I’m not trying to be cryptic just trying to wait until we have more details. The information in the past week has been more promising than anything we have ever heard before. BTW I do have some of the sighting pics that were sent to the PI over the years. I can share if everyone would like, but trust me when I say none of these people are Brian. There is no resemblance IMO.

I agree, NONE of those photos look remotely like Brian. The only photo I've seen that made me do a double-take, is the photo Jim posted a few weeks ago. I'm still blown away by the PI Guy, it's heartstopping.

I am not a "conflict lover" but something is really bothering me. I know for a fact that there are (at least) 2 people on this board that have multiple Websleuth's identities. One of these people has A LOT and actually responds to their posts as if they aren't the same person that wrote it. I am fairly new to Websleuths and would like to know if this is a common thing on here! I am pretty perplexed to be honest! Why in the world would someone do that?
Are they agreeing with themselves or disagreeing? Very strange.

wow, definitely looking forward to it. I’m not even a month into Brian's story, so I can imagine what the rest of y’all have gone through in that sense, looking out for clues for years. So knowing that things might be going forward is good news to all.
And if’s it’s turs out to be not that good, we’ll stick around anyways!

I struggle with this daily. Here’s what I can say...If I find definitive proof that Brian Shaffer was not the victim of foul play I will quit searching. Until then it’s a 50/50 chance he is alive.
This is where I am as well.The important thing is establishing he wasn’t the victim of foul play and a killer is going to get away with it.

Attachments

• B8F7DBAE-AD29-4D93-838F-250339C306A9.png
    B8F7DBAE-AD29-4D93-838F-250339C306A9.png
    876.1 KB · Views: 207
  • 8EA1EC8E-30BD-48EA-A998-D18960BC6554.png
    8EA1EC8E-30BD-48EA-A998-D18960BC6554.png
    976.2 KB · Views: 203
  • 008A022C-DEA9-4737-AF2E-BFE45A17ED42.png
    008A022C-DEA9-4737-AF2E-BFE45A17ED42.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 209
  • 1DA11D67-E5F0-43D1-A82E-5C8E488A0309.png
    1DA11D67-E5F0-43D1-A82E-5C8E488A0309.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 204
  • 44461081-FCFA-4145-BE31-A075DE9C76E0.png
    44461081-FCFA-4145-BE31-A075DE9C76E0.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 184
I agree. Especially with the legacy post on Randy’s obituary.

I've always wondered if there were more to that post. Someone posting it on Brian's behalf at his request, or something like that. The official word is that it was "determined to be a hoax". But we've never known whether LE found the person who posted it, or if the identity of the poster was never discovered at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme