Found Deceased OH - Bryon Macron, 45, Lafayette Township, 15 Dec 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Looks like the Sherriff's department has been using a drone for several years. Was there a reason one wasn't used to fly over Chippewa lake? Have the deputies quoted in this article been questioned as to why a drone wasn't used? "It’s our eyes in the sky and to be used for finding missing people – not surveillance,” said Sanford. The reason they wanted a drone(s) was for this exact reason. Things just don't add up.
http://www.medina-gazette.com/News/...ties-training-with-drones-for-future-ops.html

Looks like the autopsy results may be released this coming week

Reports related to autopsy of former Lafayette Twp. trustee sent to coroner

http://fox8.com/2017/07/20/i-team-a...to-coroner-expected-to-be-released-next-week/

Sources tell the I-Team the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s Office sent the reports to the Medina County coroner this week. The coroner is out of the office this week and will review the information Monday.

Medina officials say the coroner is expected to go over the reports with the Macron family first and then will release the information publicly.

An earlier article about Macron's father appealing for answers in the investigation

http://fox8.com/2017/07/17/father-of-former-lafayette-twp-trustee-seeks-answers-in-sons-death/

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/35...h-investigation-of-lafayette-township-trustee

bbm

"[FONT=&amp]During a press conference Monday regarding the death of Lafayette Township trustee Bryon Macron, the coroner and Medina County Sheriff's Department said a cause of death is still "undetermined."

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Capt. David Centner, with the Medina County Sheriff's Office, said there was "nobody else involved in the death of trustee Bryon Macron." [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Macron was facing financial debt at the time of his death, according to the Capt. Centner."[/FONT]

Akron Beacon Journal 12 Jun 2017

Bryon Macron: The mystery of the Lafayette Township trustee’s death continues as his widow searches for clues

http://www.ohio.com/news/break-news...nues-as-his-widow-searches-for-clues-1.773629

Still no tox reports (at least not from the county coroner). Looks like Medina has a new county prosecutor.

Previous ME report revealed

Gaping gash or stab wound on his neck, near his juglar vein

Superficial slashes on his forearms and a stab wound on his shoulder

No evidence of water in his lungs, no mud or debris in his mouth

Another update
http://fox8.com/2017/06/11/wife-of-lafayette-township-trustee-i-dont-want-people-to-forget/

I understand how a cause of death can be undetermined, but can someone help me understand how the Sheriff et. al., can then conclude that Bryon alone was involved in his death?!? They can't even determine what killed him. How can they assign blame to only him?

Furthermore, fox8.com is reporting only alcohol in his system, and that amphetamine was only present as a result of the decomposition process. No other drug in his system.

Maybe someone more familiar with the process can help me understand?? TIA

I understand how a cause of death can be undetermined, but can someone help me understand how the Sheriff et. al., can then conclude that Bryon alone was involved in his death?!? They can't even determine what killed him. How can they assign blame to only him?

Furthermore, fox8.com is reporting only alcohol in his system, and that amphetamine was only present as a result of the decomposition process. No other drug in his system.

Maybe someone more familiar with the process can help me understand?? TIA

The statements, etc. seem unusual. First, the coroner, though she's an MD, is not a Medical Examiner. It would be most interesting to see what the Cuy Co ME states as the cause of death.

Given the state of the crime scene, it would be logical to surmise that Macron was murdered. It seems like the coroner and sheriff are revealing just enough information to make it seem like Macron committed a bizarre form of suicide, but they apparently feel they don't have enough evidence to make that ruling official.

I find the coroner's speech unusual. Macron's stab wounds were serious. She doesn't mention the location of the wounds on his forearms. There's a whole lot she doesn't say in her speech.

Most conclusive, thought, is the preliminary autopsy states Macron had nothing in his airways. No water, nothing. That means when he went into the water, he was dead. Not breathing. He didn't die from drowning.

http://fox8.com/2017/04/06/prelimin...today-in-death-of-lafayette-township-trustee/

There's no way someone can kill themselves, then get in a car, drive to a lake and throw themselves in while deceased. It's not a leap of faith to say someone killed him and threw his body in the lake. How else did it get there?

But to say his COD is undetermined is ridiculous. Someone transported him to the lake and threw him in. That rules out suicide and makes an accident seem highly improbable. Considering there was blood on the walls and ceiling of his office among signs of a struggle, murder is the only conclusion.

The sheriff is trying to distract attention from the evidence of murder by maligning Macron's reputation.

ETA: The tox report also rules out a drug overdose. Sheriff says Macron's computer is still being examined at Quantico. What's taking so long?

The statements, etc. seem unusual. First, the coroner, though she's an MD, is not a Medical Examiner. It would be most interesting to see what the Cuy Co ME states as the cause of death.

Given the state of the crime scene, it would be logical to surmise that Macron was murdered. It seems like the coroner and sheriff are revealing just enough information to make it seem like Macron committed a bizarre form of suicide, but they apparently feel they don't have enough evidence to make that ruling official.

I find the coroner's speech unusual. Macron's stab wounds were serious. She doesn't mention the location of the wounds on his forearms. There's a whole lot she doesn't say in her speech.

Most conclusive, thought, is the preliminary autopsy states Macron had nothing in his airways. No water, nothing. That means when he went into the water, he was dead. Not breathing. He didn't die from drowning.

http://fox8.com/2017/04/06/prelimin...today-in-death-of-lafayette-township-trustee/

There's no way someone can kill themselves, then get in a car, drive to a lake and throw themselves in while deceased. It's not a leap of faith to say someone killed him and threw his body in the lake. How else did it get there?

But to say his COD is undetermined is ridiculous. Someone transported him to the lake and threw him in. That rules out suicide and makes an accident seem highly improbable. Considering there was blood on the walls and ceiling of his office among signs of a struggle, murder is the only conclusion.

The sheriff is trying to distract attention from the evidence of murder by maligning Macron's reputation.

ETA: The tox report also rules out a drug overdose. Sheriff says Macron's computer is still being examined at Quantico. What's taking so long?

Betty P., I could not agree more! Also, the Sheriff proffers as a possible explanation for the suicide that Mr. Macron had a large amount of debt at the TOD. 1) The Sheriff doesn't mention how much debt, of course. 2) Not many people in NE Ohio made it through the recession without a decent amount of debt.

I find the insinuations by the Sheriff to be irresponsible and highly offensive.

Other news articles

Medina County officials conclude cause of Bryon Macron’s death “undetermined,” find no evidence of others involved - Akron Beacon Journal

http://www.ohio.com/news/local/medi...-find-no-evidence-of-others-involved-1.782651

Coroner rules Bryon Macron's cause of death as 'undetermined'
WKYC 11:27 AM. EDT July 24, 2017

http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/medi...elease-bryon-macron-autopsy-results/459097249

“I am heartbroken by the information I received this morning. I am also disgusted and disappointed. I really thought we would have more answers by now,” Victoria Macron told FOX 8 News.

Betty P., I could not agree more! Also, the Sheriff proffers as a possible explanation for the suicide that Mr. Macron had a large amount of debt at the TOD. 1) The Sheriff doesn't mention how much debt, of course. 2) Not many people in NE Ohio made it through the recession without a decent amount of debt.

I find the insinuations by the Sheriff to be irresponsible and highly offensive.

It's also odd they give out so little information, only enough to support their unofficial conclusion that it was suicide. They mention a nearby video camera sees his car arriving and leaving, but they don't say if they see him or someone else actually entering the car to leave. They also state none of the individual stab wounds could have caused his death, but could the blood loss from more than one of them killed him? I'd really like to see what the Cuy Co Medical Examiner concluded. They're very specific about the wounds, etc. that he didn't have, but what else was in the autopsy that they didn't reveal?

I think the news media will eventually get a copy of the final AR, so perhaps they can shed some light on that, but assume the rest of the investigative file will be kept from the public.

ETA: Here's a link to a local Medina news article from today in which Macron family attorney Richard Lillie says Macron's financial situation wasn't dire

http://www.medina-gazette.com/Cops-...ette-Trustee-Macron-s-death-undetermined.html

Richard Lillie, an attorney with Lillie & Holderman in Cleveland, said Monday that Macron’s financial situation was “not at all dire.”

The Medina County Sheriff Department's conduct throughout this investigation has been extremely disturbing. It was obvious his body would be found in or near the lake but they made minimal attempt to find it. Since that time, the investigation has been hush-hush with very little urgency attached to it. I think Ohio BCI should take over.

The Medina County Sheriff Department's conduct throughout this investigation has been extremely disturbing. It was obvious his body would be found in or near the lake but they made minimal attempt to find it. Since that time, the investigation has been hush-hush with very little urgency attached to it. I think Ohio BCI should take over.
Totally and completely agree.
So from the article I read this morning, this is what I gather: ( http://www.ohio.com/news/local/medi...others-involved-1.782651#.WXd0z8hkc2w.twitter )
Bryon apparently stabbed himself multiple times, inflicted another long wound, walked through the blood and drove himself the the little parking area - all while bleeding very little because he probably applied pressure). There he somehow died (not from wounds and no water in his lungs) then disposed of himself in the lake.

Do I have this correct? If so, he deserves an award after he comes back to life to receive it.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Sorry Betty. I read your post after I wrote mine saying the same thing. I should have read first. But at least I'm not the only one thinking these folks from Medina think we are stupid enough to accept this. What are they hiding and trying to get away with??

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

[FONT=&quot]Citizens of Medina County should be furious over the way this case has been handled from day one. And to know that they expect US to accept this explanation as to what happened to Trustee Macron is an insult to all of our collective intelligence. As far as we know, no one has been interviewed (including immediate family, Trustees and Lafayette Township employees), no search teams were established, BCI is/has not been involved, 911 tapes have not been released (who called 911?), the office was completely scrubbed and remodeled shortly after the incident rendering it useless for future investigation. And, to top it all off, they try to denigrate the name of Mr. Macron and insinuate he took his own life by stating he had a "large amount" of financial debt. I challenge the "law enforcement" officials (this includes the prosecutor) of Medina County to submit their credit card and mortgage statements, past and present, for public review and then we can determine their individual character based on debt to credit ratio. Wait, I'm sorry, we shouldn't do that out of respect to their families. I hope the family finds closure and the residents of Medina County perform their civic duty, by not letting go, digging deeper, questioning authority and demanding the truth.[/FONT]

[FONT="]Citizens of Medina County should be furious over the way this case has been handled from day one. And to know that they expect US to accept this explanation as to what happened to Trustee Macron is an insult to all of our collective intelligence. As far as we know, no one has been interviewed (including immediate family, Trustees and Lafayette Township employees), no search teams were established, BCI is/has not been involved, 911 tapes have not been released (who called 911?), the office was completely scrubbed and remodeled shortly after the incident rendering it useless for future investigation. And, to top it all off, they try to denigrate the name of Mr. Macron and insinuate he took his own life by stating he had a "large amount" of financial debt. I challenge the "law enforcement" officials (this includes the prosecutor) of Medina County to submit their credit card and mortgage statements, past and present, for public review and then we can determine their individual character based on debt to credit ratio. Wait, I'm sorry, we shouldn't do that out of respect to their families. I hope the family finds closure and the residents of Medina County perform their civic duty, by not letting go, digging deeper, questioning authority and demanding the truth.[/FONT]

Agree, the investigation has been handled strangely. As I recall from the press conference yesterday, Ohio BCI has been involved. It sounds like they've been doing some investigating and from what was said, all evidence collected is in Ohio BCI possession.

That said, after the Rhoden Family Massacre investigation, my trust of Ohio BCI is a bit sketchy. They are good at seizing all evidence, locking it up and giving no information to the public while letting cases go cold. This is SOP for them. They don't work with FBI, except to hand them a little lab work. Vague public statements given through local LE that hint at blaming the victim with little follow up investigation. The Rhoden case is now cold, in part thanks to Ohio BCI.

Agree, the investigation has been handled strangely. As I recall from the press conference yesterday, Ohio BCI has been involved. It sounds like they've been doing some investigating and from what was said, all evidence collected is in Ohio BCI possession.

That said, after the Rhoden Family Massacre investigation, my trust of Ohio BCI is a bit sketchy. They are good at seizing all evidence, locking it up and giving no information to the public while letting cases go cold. This is SOP for them. They don't work with FBI, except to hand them a little lab work. Vague public statements given through local LE that hint at blaming the victim with little follow up investigation. The Rhoden case is now cold, in part thanks to Ohio BCI.

Does anyone know if the lawyer that Mrs. Macron hired is still working on the case? Has the full autopsy been released yet? If citizens aren't satisfied with the official explanation, where can they turn? What can we be doing to help resolve this situation? My heart breaks for the Macron family.

Does anyone know if the lawyer that Mrs. Macron hired is still working on the case? Has the full autopsy been released yet? If citizens aren't satisfied with the official explanation, where can they turn? What can we be doing to help resolve this situation? My heart breaks for the Macron family.

Anyone know the status of the autopsy report? Is it public?

Someone has to know something.::....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. It seems the case has all but disappeared from the news, from what I can gather. Has the family commented publicly at all, or anyone else, expressing disagreement over the official report?

Byron Macron: One Year Later - WKYC

http://www.wkyc.com/video/news/bryon-macron-investigation-one-year-later/95-2839941

Provides a good summary. Mentions that Macron had defensive wounds on his arms, also that FBI still has his computer and is analyzing it for clues.

Interview with county prosecutor saying it's up to investigators if they think any evidence warrants calling the case a murder. Sort of sounds like he's passing the buck.

ETA: The autopsy report was eventually released to the news media earlier this year. The recent Ohio Supreme Court ruling on the autopsy reports for the Rhoden Family Murders means that news media and the public will no longer be allowed to view autopsy reports in cases that are under investigation.

http://radio.wosu.org/post/ohio-supreme-court-rules-against-releasing-pike-county-murder-reports

Byron Macron: One Year Later - WKYC

http://www.wkyc.com/video/news/bryon-macron-investigation-one-year-later/95-2839941

Provides a good summary. Mentions that Macron had defensive wounds on his arms, also that FBI still has his computer and is analyzing it for clues.

Interview with county prosecutor saying it's up to investigators if they think any evidence warrants calling the case a murder. Sort of sounds like he's passing the buck.

ETA: The autopsy report was eventually released to the news media earlier this year. The recent Ohio Supreme Court ruling on the autopsy reports for the Rhoden Family Murders means that news media and the public will no longer be allowed to view autopsy reports in cases that are under investigation.

http://radio.wosu.org/post/ohio-supreme-court-rules-against-releasing-pike-county-murder-reports

Thank you, Betty. I just can't believe this. Defensive wounds? And total silence on the case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back