Deceased/Not Found OH - Carrie Culberson, 22, Blanchester, 28 Aug 1996 - #1 *V. Doan guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
findcarrie,

Our local news reported that the 24 hour guard has been lifted. I haven't found it on a link for any of the papers, but I did hear it on Fox 19 news out of Cincinnati. Perhaps, even the local news makes mistakes?

FYI-Blanchester's police chief, Gable, resigned his position. His last day will be June 26. I think this must be the dominoes starting to fall that is posted on Vince's site. Not sure what Gable's resignation has to do with Carrie's case since he didn't come on board until well after Peyton's "fall from grace". We have a new mayor and new council members also...

The police chief at the time of Carrie's disappearance who bungled the case.

jade.....the link in your last post isn't working. I found the article, though. I will try to post it again...

http://www.cincypost.com/news/1997/n111597.html

It was interesting. What an odd bunch. I wonder when Lawrence Baker was charged with receiving stolen property? If I'm not mistaken, I think that Jarrod Messer also has a previous arrest for receiving stolen property....I don't know the details of that, though....I'll have to look it up again. A lot of these counties have public court records online, and you can look them up by name or case file (this is how I learned of Messer's arrests).

The account detailing the shooting of Mr. Montgomery was interesting.......I wonder if that girl (China Foor?) was questioned or testified in the Doan trial. I read somewhere else that some of his ex-girlfriends testified that he (Doan) was non-violent.

Did Messer live alone? That barn is practically outside his back door (if that's the house he lived in at the time). It would be tough to dig up someone's back yard without them noticing, I would think. It appears that he has been in & out of jail a few times. Was he incarcerated for something at the time of Carrie's disappearance, leaving his house vacant? If not, then it seems he would have had to have been involved in this.

According to the trial testimony, a neighbor of Doan's says that Mr. Doan asked to borrow car ramps from him the day after Carrie's disappearance...and then allegedly made a comment about not wanting folks to know what he was doing. What do you suppose he would have been concerned about on the underside of the car? (This would have been his brother's car, and the same car they used the night before when they left Tracy's house?....his sister-in-law said that he took it for the day to
clean it...she drove Vincent's car in the meantime). I read somewhere that the police found a couple of long, dark hairs in the trunk, but later decided that they were not Carrie's. I don't know if DNA testing was used, or how they actually reached this conclusion.

I don't know much about salvage yards....Do all salvage yards use car crusher/compacters? Do the Baker's use one of these at their salvage yard? I have heard that Mr. Baker has more than 1 of these "junkyards".....I don't know if that's true, or where they are located. I did hear that from someone local who is acquainted with these people.

I also think it's sort of curious that Mr. Doan took a shower before leaving his brothers house (with the garbage bags, etc.)....I realize that she said he had blood smeared on his chest/arms, but I would think that if I were trying to get rid of a body, I would be in sort of a hurry to get the job done, before anyone noticed it. Or was somebody else working on that, while he went to enlist brother Tracy's help?

It certainly has been very quiet here today, has everyone decided to regroup their thoughts? Hopefully the name calling and untruths have expired, and concentration on the subject at hand , FIND CARRIE, can come to an answer . Where is Carrie? Everyone deserves to know. Debbie deserves to have peace, Vincent and Tracey deserve a new trial, and the responsible parties need to come clean and speak up.

Oh, and by the way, The Baker salvage yard does NOT have a car crusher.

Who are the responsible parties, hoping for the truth? In your opinion? If you don't mind me asking.

Any thoughts on what sort of connection the "tipster" might have had to this case? And why they waited so long to call in the tip (did the opportunity present itself once Messer was safely locked up)? The person calling in the tip was (I assume) anonymous and should remain so....I'm just wondering how many folks there are out there who know exactly what happened, and have known all along...

What does Jarrod Messer do for a living (aside from his criminal career)?

I read somewhere that Lawrence Baker had a freezer full of meat buried on his property (the police checked it out and determined it to be deer meat, I think)......Nothing to do with this case apparently, it just sounded bizarre. Why on earth would anyone do that?

coopkid said:
I read somewhere that Lawrence Baker had a freezer full of meat buried on his property (the police checked it out and determined it to be deer meat, I think)
That is bizarre! Any idea where you read that? Who would bury anything anyway? Weird.

:behindbar When is your boy going to take a lie detector test? I guess you folks are running out of answers and are now attacking Debbie Culberson's religious and moral beliefs because she has chosen to "try and live" regardless of not knowing what happened to her daughter. How sad of you to do that. You folks are on a loosing end of things so now you slander this woman and have the nerve to create scandal because she is at a "bar" and then going to church? Let me tell you this, She is a good christian woman doing the good christian thing of going to church, repenting her sins and still living her life to the fullest yet not knowing if her daughter is dead or what. You folks have to realize that Vincent and Tracey are in JAIL, convicted in a court of law and NOT going to Church. To make it into heaven they have to repent their sins which they committed which was MURDER. They did it, were convicted and sentenced to jail. THank GOD Vincent is away for life. Now that is the one you folks should be after to speak up, tell the truth, take the lie detector test and move on. I guess that won't be happening any time soon. Guess your convicted family members never committed a sin, let alone committed a henious crime let alone go to church.....going after her isn't going to get your boys out of jail. Lie Detection is the first step. Address that issue and see what goes from there. Cooperation is everything and so far you folks aren't even showing that. :bang:

coopkid said:
I read somewhere that Lawrence Baker had a freezer full of meat buried on his property (the police checked it out and determined it to be deer meat, I think)......Nothing to do with this case apparently, it just sounded bizarre. Why on earth would anyone do that?

I read on Court TV (sorry, actually have to work at work today so do not have link) that he had a lion and I think a bear that ate venison. Maybe the freezer broke or failed in some way and it was easier to bury it all than to deal with it otherwise.

I found this link on Court TV's website.

http://www.courttv.com/archive/verdicts/doan.html

I'll try to watch the show tomorrow night and report afterward.

As most of you know, my sister was missing for 11 years before her body was recovered, so this one is hard for me to read about. Be that as it may, I'm going to monitor this case for Websleuths because of the temperment of some of the posters recently. If anyone needs to contact me privately, please do so. I can be reached here via PM or at my email addy, dewpea@yahoo.com

Thanks!!

Oh by the way, as someone else mentioned above, if any of you feel that your posts were out of line, this may be a good time to check them and do some editing.

Chanel said:
Who are the responsible parties, hoping for the truth? In your opinion? If you don't mind me asking.

The responsible parties......Hopefully the pressure that all the responders on BOTH sites are producing , will convince the person or persons responsible for all of the turmoil that has been going on for the last 8 years , to come forward and tell what they know. Carrie deserves to be at rest, or return home, whatever the case may be. Vincent deserves a new trial.. Please log on to this website....www.innocenceproject.com.
This is listed in todays edition of the Wilmington News Journal in letter to editor. 144 people have been exhonerated due to DNA findings. Despite what has been said in the past, the legal society does make mistakes, and convictions are overturned.

Proof it happens! The United States legal system "banks" on a jury of peers being able to determine what is truth and what isn't and sometimes if doesn't work. Thanks for the link!

hoping for the truth said:
The responsible parties......Hopefully the pressure that all the responders on BOTH sites are producing , will convince the person or persons responsible for all of the turmoil that has been going on for the last 8 years , to come forward and tell what they know. Carrie deserves to be at rest, or return home, whatever the case may be. Vincent deserves a new trial.. Please log on to this website....www.innocenceproject.com.
This is listed in todays edition of the Wilmington News Journal in letter to editor. 144 people have been exhonerated due to DNA findings. Despite what has been said in the past, the legal society does make mistakes, and convictions are overturned.

If you don't mind me asking, what does the Innocence Project or DNA have to do with this case? Its my understanding that there was no DNA relied on in the convictions in this case.

My point exactly.......... HOW CAN YOU CONVICT SOMEONE FOR A CRIME IF NO DNA WAS PRESENT???????????? Maybe the new items retrieved from the barn, (pieces of the barn) will have DNA present and finally prove that the wrong people are in prison .

My point exactly.......... HOW CAN YOU CONVICT SOMEONE FOR A CRIME IF NO DNA WAS PRESENT???????????? Maybe the new items retrieved from the barn, (pieces of the barn) will have DNA present and finally prove that the wrong people are in prison .

You didn't answer my question. Why mention the Innocence Project, whose sole purpose is to have DNA tested for those in prison in order to have their convictions overturned using DNA when it has absolutely nothing whatever to do with THIS case?

It happens quite frequently as a matter of fact. Are you implying that simply because a murderer does a good job and doesn't leave a trace, that they should get away with the murder?

I'm not up on everything to do with this case, so please tell me about the items from the barn and why you think these items may help the defendant here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee