Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018 *husband suspect* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
from link above ^

"RIVERSIDE — The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation has been requested to become the lead investigating agency into the death of Cheryl Coker after the Riverside Police Department, in collaboration with the Greene County Sheriff’s Office, requested its help, Riverside Police announced Friday.

>> Cheryl Coker’s remains found in Greene County

“With Mrs. Coker’s remains being located in another county, it is the combined belief that the best course of action is for Riverside Police Department to fully utilize the vast resources of the (Ohio) Bureau of Criminal Investigation and Identification in the pursuit of justice,” the department said in a statement. “The Riverside Police Department will still be involved in the day-to-day investigation.”"

Thank God! Probably should have handed over this case a year ago. Here's to fresh eyes and bigger resources. It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

What might be the downfalls/benefits of Cheryl's family going ahead with a civil suit for wrongful death?
They may get access to more information regarding her death, her financial details - they can take her husband's deposition, etc. It would be a good move IMO if the investigation doesn't lead to an arrest fairly soon IMO

They may get access to more information regarding her death, her financial details - they can take her husband's deposition, etc. It would be a good move IMO if the investigation doesn't lead to an arrest fairly soon IMO

I agree. I've read there's an expertise with these kinds of cases, like you have to an attorney that is seasoned in this arena, or you're screwed.

“Due to the condition of the remains, near complete skeletonization, the precise cause of death could not be determined,” the report read. “However, the circumstances surrounding the disappearance as developed by law enforcement investigators, and death, as the post mortem changes are consistent with the time period and clothing is reported to be what was worn at the time of the disappearance, suggest the cause of death is related to foul play and as such a common term used to certify the cause of death is homicidal violence of unknown etiology.”

“Due to the condition of the remains, near complete skeletonization, the precise cause of death could not be determined,” the report read. “However, the circumstances surrounding the disappearance as developed by law enforcement investigators, and death, as the post mortem changes are consistent with the time period and clothing is reported to be what was worn at the time of the disappearance, suggest the cause of death is related to foul play and as such a common term used to certify the cause of death is homicidal violence of unknown etiology.”

Glad the report acknowledged this, but I wish I could feel more optimistic.

It was a mistake for Riverside to label Bill their only suspect one year ago, without having the evidence to nail him within weeks of doing so. Her body's been eventually discovered, but time and animals have erased so much, and pertinent bones that could tell a story have not been recovered.

Now they're facing going to trial (rolling the dice), knowing that calling him their main suspect WAY back, will taint any jury and give any decent defense attorney reasonable doubt ammunition in "how their client has been portrayed and tainted." The only reason they handed this case over to the state bureau was so they could have argument at trial (if they do pursue one) that not all their investigative teams were "locked" on Bill. I think it's a little too late.

I am also disheartened that LE was never able to get Bill in for any interrogations, with the exception of the lame affidavit early on where Bill got to set up his defense and run his show "on the record." And this man was not lawyered up until recently.

SBM from MSM article above from yesterday and today. See links above

Cheryl Coker’s family is in the process of planning a Christian burial for her, however a date has not been scheduled yet.

The final autopsy results and death certificate were filed on Thursday, the same day Coker’s remains were released to her family. The report was publicly released Friday.

“The filing of the death certificate is certainly not the end,” Sharrett said. “This is a sad case, and hopefully more information will come to light.

BCI spokesman Steven Irwin said the agency has no comment on the autopsy, but the investigation remains “open and active.” BCI encourages members of the public, if they have information about this case, to contact BCI at (855) 224-6446 or through the website.

Anyone with information pertaining to Coker’s death is urged to also contact the Riverside Police Department, the Greene County Sheriff’s Office or the Greene County Coroner’s Office.

3IAZHCF4ECT5F6VRBGOBY3IS6Y.jpg

#Cherylstrong
#Justice4CHERYL

Cheryl Coker dropped her daughter off at school in 2018. The next time anyone saw her, all that remained were her bones.

MOO- The killer made sure her dead body was thrown out like trash in another county other than were Cheryl disappeared. The killer thought he was smarter than the ones to bring her Justice.
Is he/she?
Still no arrest!!!

The bones showed no obvious signs of trauma. If someone out there has information but didn’t come forward because they hoped the body would tell the tale, that hope is quashed. It’s time to step forward.

It's time Cheryl receives some well deserved JUSTICE

JMO-SOMEONE other than the killer who stole her life away from her loved ones: knows what happened to Cheryl. You hold the key to Cheryl's Justice it will not bring her back. However it will set your consense free. She should be here.... The person who killed her needs to be held accountable.

Contact BCI at (855) 224-6446 or through the website.

Backstory: Ohio mom Cheryl Coker's body found but no charges filed
snipped
Cheryl Coker’s family told the Dayton Daily News around that time that William Coker had a girlfriend, prompting the breakup. Strained text messages followed, such as one three days after the divorce filing, in which William Coker allegedly wrote to his wife: “Thanks for putting the nail in my coffin.” Also that day, Cheryl Coker allegedly texted to a coworker: “I will be in tomorrow if I’m not dead.”

Cheryl Coker had dropped her 15-year-old daughter off at high school the morning she disappeared. She apparently got home safely around 7:35 a.m. because she’d posted a few times to Facebook. By 7:45 a.m., the posts stopped and she was never heard from again. Her family members found her abandoned vehicle the next day by using the Find My iPhone app to locate her phone, which was left in a backpack inside of the 2016 Toyota Highlander.

So why is it smart to have punted the case to Ohio's BCI? Well, if charges indeed are brought against someone in this case, a defense lawyer would happily show jurors recordings of media interviews in which investigators say in no uncertain terms that they believe Cheryl Coker was killed by her husband. If BCI is in charge instead, there's less reason for those public statements to taint a conviction.

William Coker has denied any involvement in his wife’s death.

Here’s the deal: There’s a reason police look first at loved ones when someone goes missing or is killed. One in three female murder victims are killed by intimate partners, according to the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence. (It's 1 in 20 for male victims.)
--------------
no really a new story but it's a good synopsis of Cheryl's case
IMO

Backstory: Ohio mom Cheryl Coker's body found but no charges filed
snipped
Cheryl Coker’s family told the Dayton Daily News around that time that William Coker had a girlfriend, prompting the breakup. Strained text messages followed, such as one three days after the divorce filing, in which William Coker allegedly wrote to his wife: “Thanks for putting the nail in my coffin.” Also that day, Cheryl Coker allegedly texted to a coworker: “I will be in tomorrow if I’m not dead.”

Cheryl Coker had dropped her 15-year-old daughter off at high school the morning she disappeared. She apparently got home safely around 7:35 a.m. because she’d posted a few times to Facebook. By 7:45 a.m., the posts stopped and she was never heard from again. Her family members found her abandoned vehicle the next day by using the Find My iPhone app to locate her phone, which was left in a backpack inside of the 2016 Toyota Highlander.

So why is it smart to have punted the case to Ohio's BCI? Well, if charges indeed are brought against someone in this case, a defense lawyer would happily show jurors recordings of media interviews in which investigators say in no uncertain terms that they believe Cheryl Coker was killed by her husband. If BCI is in charge instead, there's less reason for those public statements to taint a conviction.

William Coker has denied any involvement in his wife’s death.

Here’s the deal: There’s a reason police look first at loved ones when someone goes missing or is killed. One in three female murder victims are killed by intimate partners, according to the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence. (It's 1 in 20 for male victims.)
--------------
no really a new story but it's a good synopsis of Cheryl's case
IMO

It is a good synopsis, I agree. They HAD to punt to BCI because of their bravado early on naming him the number one suspect, and yet not having the support of either evidence or DA to formally charge him.

I'm really stunned their department allowed them to do that. It's rarely done unless an arrest is almost guaranteed. That interview where they announced BC their only suspect is cringe worthy and the investigators don't appear much older than college students.

Now they're "on the record" turning over the case to BCI, which means the file has been opened, but most likely "shelved" until a reasonable amount of time has passed so that a jury might buy that another agency was really dissecting this case and were unbiased in doing so.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back