Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018 *husband suspect* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was really hoping that LE had a WHOLE LOT more than we realized and just wasnt making an arrest due to not having a body; but now I'm really beginning to think maybe they didnt have much (That public wasnt already privy to) as I thought they did.

I was really hoping that LE had a WHOLE LOT more than we realized and just wasnt making an arrest due to not having a body; but now I'm really beginning to think maybe they didnt have much (That public wasnt already privy to) as I thought they did.

I share yours and others' fears that this is the case.

Her skull was found apart from other bones, so I believe strangulation could still be the cause. Or perhaps drowning in pool/tub. I doubt her complete skeleton was located, which really is incredibly tragic.

I feel pretty empty and have a whole lot of sorrow right now. I get the feeling LE really doesn't know how to proceed from here.

They can roll the dice, but stand a decent chance of getting one juror to consider reasonable doubt, if indeed they don't have much more than the public doesn't already know.

Her skull was found apart from other bones, so I believe strangulation could still be the cause. Or perhaps drowning in pool/tub. I doubt her complete skeleton was located, which really is incredibly tragic.

I feel pretty empty and have a whole lot of sorrow right now. I get the feeling LE really doesn't know how to proceed from here.

They can roll the dice, but stand a decent chance of getting one juror to consider reasonable doubt, if indeed they don't have much more than the public doesn't already know.

The only thing that we have (who knows what else LE has) that connects Bill directly is the dark hooded person walking from the lot to the vicinity of his house. And I don't believe anyone recognized the person as Bill.

Yep, I see Casey Anthony written all over this.

Well besides being left out in the elements, plus didn't they have flooding last year due to a tropical storm? The heat during the summer months, and the animals, too. A year and a half's time with her out in these conditions could be the reason in my opinion, as to why no one will pay for this crime.

Unless some very strong DNA survived all of this from the suspect, unfortunately, I think our old buddy Tim's fears are going to come true.

I also think of Lucas Hernandez- he was found much sooner than Cheryl, and they couldn't give a cause of death because he was too decomposed.

This makes me so mad! She did NOT walk to that spot and drop dead!

Well besides being left out in the elements, plus didn't they have flooding last year due to a tropical storm? The heat during the summer months, and the animals, too. A year and a half's time with her out in these conditions could be the reason in my opinion, as to why no one will pay for this crime.

Unless some very strong DNA survived all of this from the suspect, unfortunately, I think our old buddy Tim's fears are going to come true.

I also think of Lucas Hernandez- he was found much sooner than Cheryl, and they couldn't give a cause of death because he was too decomposed.

This makes me so mad! She did NOT walk to that spot and drop dead!

I'm not familiar with that case. Did that have a successful trial and justice for Lucas?

The only thing that we have (who knows what else LE has) that connects Bill directly is the dark hooded person walking from the lot to the vicinity of his house. And I don't believe anyone recognized the person as Bill.

Yep, I see Casey Anthony written all over this.

That is true. That is the only thing that could potentially tie Bill directly to this crime (that we are privy to).

And then the circumstantial: Impending divorce, ugly text about nail in the coffin, working on her work vehicle (when he said he was asleep in the audio interview), taking the girlfriend on the FL vacation, injury to elbow/hands that he claims was a fork-lift injury. All very sketchy timing and very convenient set of circumstances.

The swinger situation, I think, may be one of the factors giving LE great pause. If there's one thing that Bill's said over and over from the very beginning (and he hasn't said much, so it comes across fairly loud) is the fact that Cheryl was exhibiting risky behavior. It's like they worked on this narrative. He could throw that out there, and also give himself an excuse to not say anything more in order to "protect" his daughter. Brings up "missing money". GF gives raunchy deposition discussing in detailed things she's witnessed. It's going to be very hard for LE to punch holes in their risky claims. So we wait for evidence. Very frustrating.

WOW-- I am kind of surprised, however because it was her "skeletal " remains, with bones scattered, any trauma might not show up.
Can ME/Autopsy show strangulation on skeletal ??
Just wondering, as I am sure if a skull was found and they would be able to tell if a blunt object made contact with the skull but not sure about strangulation or even if that part of her body was even found.

I'm not familiar with that case. Did that have a successful trial and justice for Lucas?
no trial- the witch responsible for his death committed suicide, and never told anyone what she did to him that caused his death.

One less abuser on the planet in my eyes, but still.......the family deserved to know what happened to him.

WOW-- I am kind of surprised, however because it was her "skeletal " remains, with bones scattered, any trauma might not show up.
Can ME/Autopsy show strangulation on skeletal ??
Just wondering, as I am sure if a skull was found and they would be able to tell if a blunt object made contact with the skull but not sure about strangulation or even if that part of her body was even found.

Good question. There are neck bones that can break when one is strangled, but I’ve read that’s not always so. Don’t know if her neck vertebrae were found.

I don’t think a skeleton would tell the story of being drowned. They had a pool out back where she may have been ambushed while she grabbed a smoke, or dragged back inside to drown.

no trial- the witch responsible for his death committed suicide, and never told anyone what she did to him that caused his death.

One less abuser on the planet in my eyes, but still.......the family deserved to know what happened to him.

Jesus, how sad. Abuser committing suicide creates a whole new layer of sympathy/excuse. Dulls everything. (Excuses nothing imo)

Ugh.... I remember when reports first came out that police were investigating a shooting at the dads house and that Emily Glass was dead, my first thought was that dad FINALLY wisened up to the fact that Emily murdered his little boy and that he took matters into his own hands. I was disappointed that she shot herself.....and that he was obviously stopping that evening to visit her. :confused:

Ugh.... I remember when reports first came out that police were investigating a shooting at the dads house and that Emily Glass was dead, my first thought was that dad FINALLY wisened up to the fact that Emily murdered his little boy and that he took matters into his own hands. I was disappointed that she shot herself.....and that he was obviously stopping that evening to visit her. :confused:
Oh yes- I couldn't believe that he allowed her to live with him after they found Lucas. The comment "where else was she supposed to go?" forever put him in the gutter in my eyes. I can't imagine that, I just can't. She not only lied about Lucas being kidnapped, she left him alone for part of that night to go out to eat and took the baby only. After whatever she did to Lucas (she told Dave Marshburn "I did Lucas sssoooooo wrong!"), she drops his body off in another town several miles away, makes up a kidnapping, and you know the rest. Yet Jonathan's sympathy for her after Lucas was found made me just as angry as what Emily did to Lucas.

Cheryl Strong
Justice 4 Cheryl

Review of this msm
Reminder of forensic autopsy

Cheryl Coker death: Investigation expert says scene can have lots of evidence

Friends, family and community members echoed the same sentiment in the hours after authorities said bones found in rural Greene County were those of Cheryl Coker: getting justice should be a top priority.

Law enforcement has repeatedly said they are committed to finding out what happened to the Riverside woman who had been missing for 18 months before the discovery. During a press conference, Greene County Coroner Kevin Sharrett said that Coker was skeletonized and a forensic autopsy was underway.

And while not ideal, Darren Dake, a certified death investigator and international death scene investigation instructor, said a crime scene like the one discovered April 25 off of Waynesville Jamestown Road can still possess valuable evidence for law enforcement.

However, if they were killed in such a way that the bones were not affected, then there probably won’t be any evidence on the bones. Maybe they were strangled or poisoned and no bones were affected.”

He said even still, a crime scene can provide a lot of information.

I wish she was here to enjoy her family. She deserves to be here for her children. Cheryl was a grandmother to. She was very devoted to her mother.
Cheryl was a beautiful soul.
Lady Justice is coming when we least expect.
Like the murder of Cheryl. She sure didn't think she would not be alive the morning she drove her daughter to school and returned home and in MOO MURDERED IN JMO
SHE LOOKED INTO THE EYES OF HER KILLER. How horrific (till death do them part) he made sure he moved on. Cheryl was thrown away for the elliments and animals to further distroy her. Shame on this KILLER.

Cheryl had cervical spine surgery which is usually to remove herniated disc I think. They add metal plates or sometimes columns for stability. So she had the metal in her neck, not sure if it was plates or column. Mushroom hunter said he noticed something shiny which I think may have drawn him to her remains. Someone else who had the same surgery commented on her FB page that it would take very little pressure on the neck of someone who has that surgery. I'm not sure about any skeletal evidence there would or would not be in someone that had that type of surgery.
Also a few days after her remains were found Ohio State Univ had forensic anthropology people at the site. Don't know if that is customary in homicide investigation. Hoping they saw something at the preliminary examination of remains that made them want to try finding more of certain pieces.

Cheryl had cervical spine surgery which is usually to remove herniated disc I think. They add metal plates or sometimes columns for stability. So she had the metal in her neck, not sure if it was plates or column. Mushroom hunter said he noticed something shiny which I think may have drawn him to her remains. Someone else who had the same surgery commented on her FB page that it would take very little pressure on the neck of someone who has that surgery. I'm not sure about any skeletal evidence there would or would not be in someone that had that type of surgery.
Also a few days after her remains were found Ohio State Univ had forensic anthropology people at the site. Don't know if that is customary in homicide investigation. Hoping they saw something at the preliminary examination of remains that made them want to try finding more of certain pieces.

The hyoid bone can sometimes be broken in strangulation cases, but not always. Strangulation doesn’t usually leave bone evidence unless bones are broken during a struggle. It’s not uncommon at all to have forensic anthropologist out at a skeletal site. They are trained in the recovery of skeletal remains and were more than likely aiding law enforcement in locating any additional pieces of her skeleton that had become subject to predation or partial burial over time etc.
Unless the toxicology report shows something of interest, or some incriminating DNA evidence shows up the coroner will more than likely rule the death undetermined even if Cheryl didn’t “put herself in the woods”. They cannot rule out that someone dumped her there post mortem.
Of course we all can make an educated guess on what happened based upon the circumstantial evidence we know of. Even if they do find Bills DNA on Cheryl, they lived together so that alone is a moot point. If there were surviving DNA under fingernails if they survived this long then that could help with the scratch seen on Bill etc. But still, that’s also circumstantial because there are plausible alternatives on how it got there due to them being in the same home.
I hate to say it but unless the police know something we don’t, or some toxicology comes back, or powerful DNA evidence then this case might go cold. I really hope not though.

@ALS89
Thank you for your informative information.
I hope there is enough to bring charges.
I hope someone doesn't get away with murder.

The person who took her breath away and murdered Cheryl , leaving her body in the most undignified way possible need's to suffer consequences of their actions.

He may do it again in the future to his next wife. JMO

CHERYL STRONG
JUSTICE4CHERYL

from link above ^

"RIVERSIDE — The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation has been requested to become the lead investigating agency into the death of Cheryl Coker after the Riverside Police Department, in collaboration with the Greene County Sheriff’s Office, requested its help, Riverside Police announced Friday.

>> Cheryl Coker’s remains found in Greene County

“With Mrs. Coker’s remains being located in another county, it is the combined belief that the best course of action is for Riverside Police Department to fully utilize the vast resources of the (Ohio) Bureau of Criminal Investigation and Identification in the pursuit of justice,” the department said in a statement. “The Riverside Police Department will still be involved in the day-to-day investigation.”"

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back