Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018 *husband suspect* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1194816

On the day Cheryl Coker would have turned 48, her family only had one wish — for Cheryl to be found. That wish came true the next day, but not in the way anyone hoped

The Ohio mother of two was last seen on October 2, 2018. Cheryl’s case was featured in Dateline’s ‘Missing in America’ digital series shortly after she vanished. Four months later, Cheryl’s case was classified as a homicide, and her husband of 19 years, William “Bill” Coker was identified by Riverside, Ohio police as “the one and only suspect.” But so far, there has been no arrest.
David Rader, the director of Ohio’s chapter of Texas Equusearch, a nonprofit dedicated to finding the missing, organized 14 searches for Cheryl. The last one took place just two weeks before she was found.

It’s the worst game of hide and seek you can play,” Rader told Dateline.
According to Radar, during the 18 months Cheryl was missing, law enforcement and search volunteers never looked for her there because the Cokers were not known to frequent that area.
“It’s the best news in this nightmare we’ve been living since October 2, 2018,” Cheryl’s friend Shelly told Dateline.
Investigators say the cause of death has yet to be determined. They will pursue toxicology and other forensic tests, and say oftentimes they are able to come to a conclusion based on skeletal remains.

A last chance confession
If you have any information surrounding Cheryl’s disappearance, please call Detective Travis Abney at the Riverside Police Department at (937) 681 2301

JUSTICE4CHERYL
Thank you to the mushroom hunters
It must of been a shock.
More @ link

Those who searched for Cheryl Coker now drawn to site where remains found

People who have spent the last year and a half searching for Cheryl Coker were drawn to the wooded patch of land Monday and Tuesday where authorities say her remains were found over the weekend.

The reasons they journeyed out to the rural area off Waynesville Jamestown Road in Greene County are similar: in some way knowing where Coker’s been for the past 18 months helps bring them a bit of closure. But not entirely.

It’s terrible, it makes you angry. The fact that somebody would do that to somebody else, it’s inhuman,”

The area where Cheryl’s remains were found is about a 15-minute drive from her house, authorities said. There is no evidence that her body had been buried, investigators said.

Authorities will need to do more investigating before any charges are filed, the Montgomery County Prosecutor’s Office said.

“Among other things, the coroner needs to determine if it’s possible to state the manner and cause of death. So, this is still an active and ongoing investigation,” a spokesman said.

A sign reading “Cheryl Strong” was planted, crosses were laid out and hung, and her picture, surrounded by flowers and pebbles, also stands at the spot where a mushroom hunter stumbled across her remains in a wooded area.

Much More @ link
JUSTICE4CHERYL
Cheryl Strong

Several agencies were at the scene again today, including Ohio State Univ. Odd that they went back after previously leaving the area unrestricted. Many people have been to the location to leave flowers, have a look, take photos. You would think that the police had retrieved everything necessary.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1194816

David Rader, the director of Ohio’s chapter of Texas Equusearch, a nonprofit dedicated to finding the missing, organized 14 searches for Cheryl. The last one took place just two weeks before she was found.

(Respectfully snipped and bolded by me for focus)

Interesting! I Didn't catch that bolded part until I read it again just now. I had no idea they had searched again just 2 weeks prior. Is that new info or did I just miss a search update here?

(Respectfully snipped and bolded by me for focus)

Interesting! I Didn't catch that bolded part until I read it again just now. I had no idea they had searched again just 2 weeks prior. Is that new info or did I just miss a search update here?
Behind the scene search JMO
Now that Sweet Cheryl was located more behind the scenes info is starting to come out.
Remember they kept the searching areas under wraps from public. Did not want to alert the killer to the location they were searching. MOO

I think a lot of info will be revealed now.
JUSTICE4CHERYL

I bet someone was shaking in his boots and having panic attacks when the news that she had been found broke out.

I do wonder what's going on with him. Many people, including the girlfriend, have explained that he has a flat affect and is pretty monotone in speech and flat in emotional responses. A very cold exterior. Neighbors paint Cheryl as the social and warm part of the duo.

Interesting to learn to Cheryl was a smoker and would enjoy an cigarette outside. Now it makes perfect sense why there were clothes with her skeletal remains. He may have attacked her on her backyard or on back porch,and choked her to death, scraping his elbow in the process. She may have never made it to the shower that morning. Would be interesting to know what clothes she was wearing when she dropped the daughter off at school that morning and if it matches the clothing found at the crime scene.

Texas EquuSearch aid in Cheryl Coker’s investigation

GREENE COUNTY — Texas EqqueSearch assisted Riverside Police in the investigation today, combing through the area where a hiker discovered Cheryl Coker’s body a week ago.

Dave Rader, the president of the Midwest chapter of Texas EquueSearch and a dozen team members did a final exhaustive search of the Greene County field where Coker’s remains were discovered more than 18 months after the Riverside mother went missing.

Neither Greene County or Riverside detectives would discuss if anything significant was uncovered in the search, but people coming to place flowers on her memorial say the week’s efforts have already been significant.

More @link
TOS/WS

Cheryl Coker death: Investigation expert says scene can have lots of evidence

Friends, family and community members echoed the same sentiment in the hours after authorities said bones found in rural Greene County were those of Cheryl Coker: getting justice should be a top priority.

And while not ideal, Darren Dake, a certified death investigator and international death scene investigation instructor, said a crime scene like the one discovered April 25 off of Waynesville Jamestown Road can still possess valuable evidence for law enforcement.

Kevin Sharrett said that Coker was skeletonized and a forensic autopsy was underway.

He declined to say whether there were any signs of trauma, citing the ongoing investigation. A cause of death for Coker also hasn’t been announced.

Riverside Police said they are investigating the case as a homicide, and Chief Frank Robinson said his department is committed to finding the person responsible.

Previously, Riverside police named Cheryl Coker’s husband, William “Bill” Coker, a suspect. Bill Coker has denied involvement and has not been charged. An attempt by the Dayton Daily News to reach Bill Coker wasn’t successful Friday.

More @ link
TOS/WS

‘This was not random’: ‘Bubbly’ Ohio mom found dead on private property. Who killed Cheryl Coker?

Leigh Egan reporting

Cheryl Coker, known as a ‘bubbly’ Ohio mother to family and friends, was found dead over a year after she vanished.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, authorities named William “Bill” Coker as the sole suspect in 2019, in the disappearance of 46-year-old Cheryl, of Riverside. Police previously said the beloved mom of two daughters was likely deceased.

On April 27, 2020, mushroom hunters discovered human remains on private property that was “not a common area for a person to go to.” The remains were positively identified as Cheryl Coker.

Authorities are treating the case as a homicide investigation, although no one yet has been arrested. Bill Coker reportedly has been “reluctant” to take a polygraph test.

Riverside police said search warrants were executed in the case in February, a year after they named Bill Coker as a suspect and said they believed Cheryl Coker was dead.

More @ link
Great article
JMO
10%/10cc/TOS/WS
JUSTICE4CHERYL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads