Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018 *husband suspect* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I really hope the discovery of Cheryl's remains leads to an arrest, finally. I haven't noticed anyone post this yet, but I apologize if I'm duplicating- here's the route one would take from Kroger where her car was found to the spot she was found (I realize the murderer would have probably be going the opposite route but it gives a good idea how far and how rural this spot was.) I'm curious to find out if Bill has any connections to the area she was found. I think all we really can do now is wait

Attachments

• CC (2).png
    CC (2).png
    1,016.3 KB · Views: 43
With respect and a prayer, I drove past the location this weekend.
There is a beautiful memorial, many, many flowers, a white Cross with words, Cheryl Strong. Very peaceful.
As you can see from the maps, the location is remote and the power lines make it an easy access, as the grass is cut, it is open and wide with a small stand of trees off to the side, along (I assume) a little creek. There is also some guarantee of no one thinking much of seeing someone along there, no immediate suspicion.
Many people walk or hike these long power line stretches, but they would walk more in the open, not off to the side near the woods. As the property is not lived on, the dip and curve in the road give a little privacy to anyone stopping, or parking a vehicle in the side area of the field. These are just my observations.
Rural Ohio is very picturesque and people often drive the back roads for miles and miles and hour and hours. It could be that whomever put Cheryl there simply found the spot on a previous drive, perhaps specifically looking for a place that had the power lines and some easy access, privacy.
Here is what I am leading to. While there, and not knowing how far into the woods Cheryl was found, even if it was short distance, I don't see how one person could have moved her that distance.
Also, it would have had to have been done at night or dusk, making a walk into the woods difficult without some assistance, a helper with a flash light, maybe someone to help carry. The woods and Creek area could have been muddy. so could the pull off area where person must have parked. Mud on the vehicle, tires, shoes...?
Any thoughts on this?
How big is the suspect/strong?
Who would help?

Rest in Peace Cheryl.

Here is what I am leading to. While there, and not knowing how far into the woods Cheryl was found, even if it was short distance, I don't see how one person could have moved her that distance.
Also, it would have had to have been done at night or dusk, making a walk into the woods difficult without some assistance, a helper with a flash light, maybe someone to help carry. The woods and Creek area could have been muddy. so could the pull off area where person must have parked. Mud on the vehicle, tires, shoes...?
Any thoughts on this?
Who would help?

Rest in Peace Cheryl.

I thought it was only about 15 steps into the woods from the side of the road? I remember someone counting the steps on the police cam video and they actually entered more from the side instead of the most direct route. I don't think it would be too hard to put your arms under her arms and drag or hold her feet and drag. Bill is about 5'10 or so and pretty strong looking. Not buff like a weight lifter, but he's not heavy and out of shape either.

With respect and a prayer, I drove past the location this weekend.
There is a beautiful memorial, many, many flowers, a white Cross with words, Cheryl Strong. Very peaceful.
As you can see from the maps, the location is remote and the power lines make it an easy access, as the grass is cut, it is open and wide with a small stand of trees off to the side, along (I assume) a little creek. There is also some guarantee of no one thinking much of seeing someone along there, no immediate suspicion.
Many people walk or hike these long power line stretches, but they would walk more in the open, not off to the side near the woods. As the property is not lived on, the dip and curve in the road give a little privacy to anyone stopping, or parking a vehicle in the side area of the field. These are just my observations.
Rural Ohio is very picturesque and people often drive the back roads for miles and miles and hour and hours. It could be that whomever put Cheryl there simply found the spot on a previous drive, perhaps specifically looking for a place that had the power lines and some easy access, privacy.
Any thoughts on this?
Who would help?

Rest in Peace Cheryl.

I'm from Ohio and am one of those people who takes drives to off the main route roads. What was the traffic like on that road? Light, medium, heavy? My assumption has always been that as soon as he killed her that morning he either backed his truck in the driveway or possibly pulled his truck into the garage, put Cheryl's body (gosh I hate to say that) in the back of his pickup and immediately drove to that spot before rigor set in. If he had killed her by 8:00 am-ish, he'd have plenty of time to drive to that site, dump the body, return home, drive her car to the Kroger 10 am-ish and walk back home. I just don't think he would have chanced leaving her body in that home for long. He could have hid her in something before rigor set in, like a bag or wrapped in a blanket, that wouldn't be particularly noticeable while he drove. He had time to put his plan for what to do with the body in action while Cheryl was dropping her daughter off at school that morning, including disabling her work van and cutting the hood release cable to keep her from going to work if he couldn't kill her quickly upon her return home for some reason. My guess is he used the Florida vacation time to stew about losing everything in a divorce and plan what he was going to do to stop that.

Thank you both, tb24oh, AnnInOhio, for your replies. I'll try to answer here.

I feel awkward talking about it, but maybe it will help others to visualize. All with respect and desire for closure.

These are my observations and opinions, made while seeing a scene that was very sad and emotionally draining. It was a slow drive by, we did not stop. All theory and supposition as to suspects actions.
Look on Google Earth, it's very easy to find.

Traffic on the road the day we were there, approx. 3 pm, was absolutely 0.
Not a vehicle on the road, neither direction.
We did not encounter another vehicle, nor did we see any people, other than someone in the yard/ driveway at the 2nd (?) home (on left) off of rt. 68.
That was before the curve in the road (curves gently right) that drops into a small " dip".
This dip area is where the cross was located. Woods behind it.
Immediately next, the road comes up out of the "dip" and there is a field, very open. Power Lines on right.

I've driven these back roads off of 68 several times in the last 5 years- sometimes for geocaching, other times just a nice leisurely drive, other times looking for the barn art found in rural areas.
I have never encountered traffic of any volume once off of rt. 68. And rt. 68 is not heavily travelled either, but people do drive faster on 68, less sightseeing.

The road leading to the scene is a very narrow, sometimes winding, 2 lane, making necessary to drive much more slowly. Picturesque and quiet.
Parking on the road would be very foolish and in my opinion, nearly impossible. Especially in the "dip".
One would logically pull off in the open field area on right.

When we were driving past the site, there was still yellow tape up at what I would say was the field, parking area.
I assume the vehicle had to have parked in that field, MAYBE closer to the woods line, possibly driving up a short distance into the right side of the power line field area.
Or just stopping closer to the road, parking there.

Regardless of darkness or daylight the person who was driving should have known to be wary of wet ground (creek nearby, thats why the mushroom hunters looked there, dampness) and mud...potential to get vehicle stuck in the mud with a crime victim inside.

Anyone know the weather on that day? Or day/night before. Rain? Dry? Time of Sunset, Sunrise?

This is my observation, I'm not arguing or disputing what may be fact, but, I honestly don't see how it could have been only a 15 foot distance FROM vehicle into the woods.

Maybe 15 feet minimum INTO the woods...but not from a parked vehicle. Unless suspect knew the ground was solid, and drove further into the field, along the tree line. It's possible.
It is my guess that the police cam footage released for public use, was stopped short of where the actual remains were found.

I guess from what you say, tb42oh, person of interest/suspect is of a size to be able carry.

Could have been accomplished in broad daylight, but it would have been very risky.

There are homes and farms on the road, and anyone could drive by at any moment, looked over and seen something suspicious. Or see a vehicle, person(s) but keep driving.

8am -10am time frame could have been done but, my opinion, difficult - (depart home, drive to location, take needed time to make the transfer, then drive back Home) - to accomplish without being seen or encountering something unexpected. Very close timing if anything unusual caused a delay.

Farmers are out and about and active in the am, making it possible to encounter slow moving farm vehicles on the rural roads.
Or even a farmer working in the field.
The location is surrounded by active farm fields.

Again, my observations. Hope to generate thoughts, help to solve.

RIP Cheryl.

This is my observation, I'm not arguing or disputing what may be fact, but, I honestly don't see how it could have been only a 15 foot distance FROM vehicle into the woods.

Maybe 15 feet minimum INTO the woods...but not from a parked vehicle. Unless suspect knew the ground was solid, and drove further into the field, along the tree line. It's possible.

Not 15 feet, but 15 steps. Someone counted the paces by the police officer. Her body wasn't very far into the wooded area. Prior to the second police search, and new tape put up, many people took photos and videos of the area in the first few days.

Not 15 feet, but 15 steps. Someone counted the paces by the police officer. Her body wasn't very far into the wooded area. Prior to the second police search, and new tape put up, many people took photos and videos of the area in the first few days.

It does concern me that LE did not seal off that area before doing the second search.

Thank you both, tb24oh, AnnInOhio, for your replies. I'll try to answer here.

I feel awkward talking about it, but maybe it will help others to visualize. All with respect and desire for closure.

These are my observations and opinions, made while seeing a scene that was very sad and emotionally draining. It was a slow drive by, we did not stop. All theory and supposition as to suspects actions.
Look on Google Earth, it's very easy to find.

Traffic on the road the day we were there, approx. 3 pm, was absolutely 0.
Not a vehicle on the road, neither direction.
We did not encounter another vehicle, nor did we see any people, other than someone in the yard/ driveway at the 2nd (?) home (on left) off of rt. 68.
That was before the curve in the road (curves gently right) that drops into a small " dip".
This dip area is where the cross was located. Woods behind it.
Immediately next, the road comes up out of the "dip" and there is a field, very open. Power Lines on right.

I've driven these back roads off of 68 several times in the last 5 years- sometimes for geocaching, other times just a nice leisurely drive, other times looking for the barn art found in rural areas.
I have never encountered traffic of any volume once off of rt. 68. And rt. 68 is not heavily travelled either, but people do drive faster on 68, less sightseeing.

The road leading to the scene is a very narrow, sometimes winding, 2 lane, making necessary to drive much more slowly. Picturesque and quiet.
Parking on the road would be very foolish and in my opinion, nearly impossible. Especially in the "dip".
One would logically pull off in the open field area on right.

When we were driving past the site, there was still yellow tape up at what I would say was the field, parking area.
I assume the vehicle had to have parked in that field, MAYBE closer to the woods line, possibly driving up a short distance into the right side of the power line field area.
Or just stopping closer to the road, parking there.

Regardless of darkness or daylight the person who was driving should have known to be wary of wet ground (creek nearby, thats why the mushroom hunters looked there, dampness) and mud...potential to get vehicle stuck in the mud with a crime victim inside.

Anyone know the weather on that day? Or day/night before. Rain? Dry? Time of Sunset, Sunrise?

It is my guess that the police cam footage released for public use, was stopped short of where the actual remains were found.

I guess from what you say, tb42oh, person of interest/suspect is of a size to be able carry.

Could have been accomplished in broad daylight, but it would have been very risky.

There are homes and farms on the road, and anyone could drive by at any moment, looked over and seen something suspicious. Or see a vehicle, person(s) but keep driving.

8am -10am time frame could have been done but, my opinion, difficult - (depart home, drive to location, take needed time to make the transfer, then drive back Home) - to accomplish without being seen or encountering something unexpected. Very close timing if anything unusual caused a delay.

Farmers are out and about and active in the am, making it possible to encounter slow moving farm vehicles on the rural roads.
Or even a farmer working in the field.
The location is surrounded by active farm fields.

Again, my observations. Hope to generate thoughts, help to solve.

RIP Cheryl.

Thanks so much for this first-hand visual description of where Cheryl was found!

I don't have much to add that others haven't already point out.

You can bet the farmers have been interviewed recently, although the length of time that has passed will be a factor.

I thought I read somewhere that this area where she was found was never searched before because they didn't believe BC had any connection/familiarity with that area.
Was I just dreaming this, because for the life of me, I can't find that article now.

From the above Article posted.
Linked ^

One was that there was post-mortem animal activity, something Greene County Sheriff’s investigators suspected after finding bones scattered over a small area.

Another was that Coker was clothed. Examiners cataloged a Polo shirt, pants, a right tennis shoe and undergarments.

This breaks my heart.
Cheryl you did not deserve this.
How could she just be discarded like this?
I bet they had to piece her together and I am sure some major parts of evidence is missing.
Justice4Cheryl

I’m not surprised about the no obvious signs of pre or peri mortem injuries. That’s common with skeletal remains. That could simply mean he drugged her, or only caused damage to soft tissue that wouldn’t show on the bone. The toxicology report will probably be able to tell us more but that takes a while.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back