Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That isn't the vacating order. That is a Temporary Order filed on October 18th. The Vacating order is the one below it on the docket and the docket entry includes the word "Vacating".

Yes it is vacating the order for temporary support
It says right in it that there is insufficient basis for temporary spousal support or awarding custody at this time.

The other thing I am surprised about the filings is whether the attorney is spending money out of the retainer. Ethically, shouldn't she move for a dismissal? If you don't show for a hearing you lose by default. It could be worse if he files a counter-claim and I believe he has until tomorrow to do so. From all my years living in Ohio I believe civil/domestic relations have a 28-calendar day (excluding federal/state holidays) response rule. If he files an answer/counter-claim and she doesn't show he will prevail on whatever relief he asks for.

Yes it is vacating the order for temporary support
It says right in it that there is insufficient basis for temporary spousal support or awarding custody at this time.
What you posted was a Temporary Order. Not an order that vacates another order. It would quite literally have the word Vacate in the docket entry and in the order itself.

I am talking about the one that is titled "ENTRY AND ORDER VACATING TEMPORARY ORDER FILED" consists of 1 sentence saying "The Temporary Order filed October 6th is hereby vacated and held for naught."

I'm thinking the hearing with the first magistrate was Oct 2. And I'm also thinking she missed it. It takes a few days for it to become an order because a hearing with a magistrate has to go to the judge to review and adopt. The first temporary order being dated the 6th then makes sense. Then it takes more time for Clerk's office to receive it and date stamp it and put on the court docket. They do not however enter those mediations with magistrate on the docket. If you look at both temporary orders on the docket you will see different magistrates signatures. I would imagine the second one was with Cheryl's atty as she of course is missing
There was no hearing scheduled on October 2nd. There was an order issued by the court on October 2nd. That order was to schedule the final hearing for November 29th. Under Ohio law, the clock for a final hearing in divorce case starts the first full day after the other party has been served. And the final hearing is automatically scheduled for the first available court slot after 60 days (excluding State/Federal holidays) from the 1st full day after service. The minimum amount of time before an uncontested divorce can be granted in Ohio is 60 days.

What you posted was a Temporary Order. Not an order that vacates another order. It would quite literally have the word Vacate in the docket entry and in the order itself.

I am talking about the one that is titled "ENTRY AND ORDER VACATING TEMPORARY ORDER FILED" consists of 1 sentence saying "The Temporary Order filed October 6th is hereby vacated and held for naught."

Maybe the date is a typo on this one, they omitted the 1 in front of the 6?? It seems to me this is the formal order signed by the judge accepting the magistrates finding which was the first document I uploaded. There is no docket entry for Oct 6. It is confusing as you said.
The original Temporary Order granting support to husband contained magistrate finding and signature, and judge
signature and stated it was a Tempirary Order all in one document.

I have no Idea what happens when someone vanishes under suspicious circumstances and is subject of an ongoing police investigation.
Does her lawyer know something in asking for continuance or just buying time in case she shows up?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181022-213433_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20181022-213433_Drive.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 9
Interesting to see if he files an answer. There's nothing stating he filed financial documents either. How did anyone determine spousal support if time for his response was not up yet unless there was some kind of hearing or mediation.
Defendant has no attorney of record on any court documents either. Was he just going to go along and let the divorce happened however?

Lots of thoughts and questions here.

Cheryl went through a previous divorce and bankruptcy (according to the court documents). Now she's faced with a second divorce (that she initiated, because her husband had been seeing someone else for a year).

Her husband was successfully served with divorce papers Sept 25 at 10 pm. He goes away sometime between then and 9/30, on an "out of state trip" - which maybe is what Cheryl told people because she didn't know when he'd be back. One could suggest that he and Cheryl argued after he was served w/the papers, and he left to see the person with whom he'd been having a relationship (though he could have gone anywhere).

He returns late on 10/1 or early 10/2 (according to cainoh, the neighbor here on WS). Cheryl has missed work for "at least three days"- three days would be 9/28, 10/1 and 10/2 if she works M-F, or possibly 9/27, 9/28 and 10/1 if we're not counting the day she disappears. I would wager those are the days where her husband also is away. However, the video said that she sometimes works from home, so I don't know if that's counted as "missing work" or not. At any rate, she probably was not in a good state of mind to get work done, so either didn't go to work or didn't work at all.

I could come up with a scenario where he's served, they argue, he leaves on 9/26 and she stays home from work because she's depressed, she doesn't want him to come home and do anything to the house or take anything while she's at work, etc.

When did Wm come home from out of state? Mon night, Tues morning? The daughter would know this info. Cheryl drops her daughter off at school Tuesday morning and goes home. She and Wm argue and then.... either something happens and HE drives her car to that lot and then walks home, or SHE doesn't want to be there and drives her car to that lot and walks away.

If the former, where is she? They don't live in an isolated area - there's a middle school right behind them and houses all around. The back yard is fully fenced. If the house and other car have been searched, where would she be?

If the latter, she walked away with no keys, phone, credit cards or identification - that's never good. (You can say "she's not that kind of person" but honestly, who is? Very few people seem like "that kind of person", so while I'm sympathetic to that idea, it doesn't mean much.) I could see being really angry and getting out to "walk it off" - but I'd take my keys (maybe not the phone, if I thought Wm would try to call or text me and I didn't want to deal with him). Is there info on where her purse, keys, etc. were found in the car? Were they laid out on the seat, or hidden?

I think the 3 days missing work were counting from 10/2. Adult daughter from previous marriage was trying to impress on police and media something was very wrong because missing work and inability of anyone to contact her including family was totally not Cheryl. She would never willingly do this.

Is it possible that she took three personal days from work to maybe tie up loose ends with the upcoming divorce? I wonder if she was going to move out, or was he? That has never been discussed by LE, as to which one was going to move out.

I hope he had nothing to do with her disappearance. He's the one who appeared not too happy at home, so why would he do anything to harm her if he was already basically checked out of the marriage on an emotional level? Money?

I also hope he had nothing to do with it, & from what I have read he's not a suspect. Which leaves - what? She drives to a nearby parking lot and walks away into nowhere? She could have gone somewhere secluded and harmed herself (I am reminded of the Cheryl DeBoer case in Washington State); I hope that's not what happened but nothing adds up quite right at this point.

Wow, still nothing new on Cheryl. This is so unsettling. I keep going back to--why drive the car to this lot?

So, IF we go with the theory that Cheryl wanted to either walk away from her life and/or harm herself, why go to a (potentially busy) parking lot? Even though the lot may not be packed in the morning, it sounds like it does get a good amount of traffic as the day goes on, and regardless, you'd think she would go somewhere more remote. Unless, is there a bus that stops near this parking lot?

If someone harmed her, I guess I see wanting to move her car, maybe even leaving her stuff in there to make it look staged like she took off, but again...going to a parking lot is taking a HUGE risk that someone--anyone-just one person even--is driving by, parking, or walking to their car and remembers seeing you get out of her vehicle. That's all it would take to bust you. Why take that risk?

This case is just so bizarre to me. Both theories above would make more sense IMO if her car was found in an isolated, out of the way spot.

Wow, still nothing new on Cheryl. This is so unsettling. I keep going back to--why drive the car to this lot?

So, IF we go with the theory that Cheryl wanted to either walk away from her life and/or harm herself, why go to a (potentially busy) parking lot? Even though the lot may not be packed in the morning, it sounds like it does get a good amount of traffic as the day goes on, and regardless, you'd think she would go somewhere more remote. Unless, is there a bus that stops near this parking lot?

If someone harmed her, I guess I see wanting to move her car, maybe even leaving her stuff in there to make it look staged like she took off, but again...going to a parking lot is taking a HUGE risk that someone--anyone-just one person even--is driving by, parking, or walking to their car and remembers seeing you get out of her vehicle. That's all it would take to bust you. Why take that risk?

This case is just so bizarre to me. Both theories above would make more sense IMO if her car was found in an isolated, out of the way spot.
f
I just don't understand how no one even saw her walking out of that parking lot? What is behind that bar? Isn't it fairly open in that area, as in, there isn't any woods around for self harm or hiding until it gets dark, right? Where could she have gone, and why wouldn't she have been picked up on some camera along the way, if she left on her own?

Then we ask, if she left on her own, where did she go, did someone help her and pick her up, how is she surviving? From what we can see, she left all of her personal belongings in her car, and I am going to assume she didn't have a suit case full of clothes with her.

Whoever got out of the car, no one was paying attention because why would they? I was at the grocery store yesterday and have no idea who else parked there or who got out of what car.

I agree that it makes sense to park the car somewhere isolated, like by the side of the road somewhere. But that also makes it easier to find once there's a search initiated. It also says something to the searchers - that is, the person parked in the middle of nowhere, so something bad happened. Parking in a lot doesn't imply that.

She comes home from dropping off daughter. Husband comes home from his out of state trip (Indiana is very close, so out of state doesn't mean it's a long drive. The younger daughter would know if he had come home the night before, but I have not heard when he returned so I'm speculating).

Maybe they had a long, drawn-out argument and she left to clear her head.

I lean toward Cheryl being the one parking the car.

Hoping she is found safe soon.

Whoever got out of the car, no one was paying attention because why would they? I was at the grocery store yesterday and have no idea who else parked there or who got out of what car.

I agree that it makes sense to park the car somewhere isolated, like by the side of the road somewhere. But that also makes it easier to find once there's a search initiated. It also says something to the searchers - that is, the person parked in the middle of nowhere, so something bad happened. Parking in a lot doesn't imply that.

She comes home from dropping off daughter. Husband comes home from his out of state trip (Indiana is very close, so out of state doesn't mean it's a long drive. The younger daughter would know if he had come home the night before, but I have not heard when he returned so I'm speculating).

Maybe they had a long, drawn-out argument and she left to clear her head.

I lean toward Cheryl being the one parking the car.

Hoping she is found safe soon.
You could be right, and honestly, that very well could be what happened. However, where is she all this time? Where did she go, and how come no one saw her either walking alone, or on a camera somewhere? Where could she have disappeared to, without her money, phone, clothes, etc?

This is what is puzzling me- not the possibility that she left on her own, but that not one person has come forward to say that they saw her walking on such and such street. No video of her walking by any business. Nothing.

Also, family and friends have said that she would not just leave like this. Now, I know we've heard this before in several self harm cases, but usually that person is found near woods of some sort. I don't think there are any around there, but I could be wrong.

I would imagine if there were any buses around that area, that LE has asked if they saw her get on one and where she got off. If she hired an Uber driver, it would show up either on her phone or computer, same with a taxi.

Hope this is allowed. Didnt include info from FB. Just mentioned it is there.
If interested there are some FB groups for Cheryl. Just search FB for her name. Include "disappearance" before her name for one with most postings. Family and neighbors have come on one of them and there are a couple screenshots of postings by Cheryl just before her disappearance.

There are quite a few misconceptions that have been clarified via Cheryl's own FB posts. Her husband and younger daughter went to Florida on a pre-planned trip the week prior. She posted frequently on FB about missing her daughter and couldn't wait to see her on Monday. They returned from the trip on Monday evening and there was a post about this by Cheryl. Cheryl went missing on Tuesday morning after taking her daughter to school.

Also, family and friends have said that she would not just leave like this. Now, I know we've heard this before in several self harm cases, but usually that person is found near woods of some sort. I don't think there are any around there, but I could be wrong.

There are many wooded areas nearby, within 2-3 miles max. There is a bus line right on Spinning Road, with stops on both sides of the street between the two entrances of the Kroger lot.

Right behind the strip mall are houses. You can see it on Google maps with a tree line separating the two.

By the way, Clancy's is not really a just a bar. It's a sports bar/restaurant. It's been there for over 40 years and has a large and varied clientele of locals. But I'm not sure why the media and speculation groups keep placing this as only in front of Clancy's, which wasn't even open. The strip mall also has a Kroger grocery, Catholic bookstore, the computer/surveillance store, and a Chinese take-out place.

You could be right, and honestly, that very well could be what happened. However, where is she all this time? Where did she go, and how come no one saw her either walking alone, or on a camera somewhere? Where could she have disappeared to, without her money, phone, clothes, etc?

This is what is puzzling me- not the possibility that she left on her own, but that not one person has come forward to say that they saw her walking on such and such street. No video of her walking by any business. Nothing.

Any chance she got into another car in that lot? One where she w

Any chance she got into someone else's car there? Someone she was meeting up there and things went bad? Maybe someone she was meeting up with to help her "walk away"? Maybe even a different car that she left up there herself? Maybe rented a car, left it there, walked home, returned later and drove off? Problem with second scenario would be that if the rental wasn't returned, someone would have noticed by now? Someone would have had to drop her off at a rental place? Took a bus to a rental place? Did she buy a cheap car no one knew about? Bought it under an alias?

Just throwing things out there to the wind at this point in an attempt to explain why maybe no one saw her. Jumped into a car next to her. One that she either left there close to hers or someone else parked next to her.

My real feeling.... I call foul play. I think the police know more than they are revealing. But then again, this case and the lack of any real evidence one way or another, this could turn into a Ray Gricar case if there really is no other evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tametn