Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that LE is NOT discussing the findings on that new video is very telling to me. If that had been Cheryl, they would have said so and asked if anyone remembers seeing her at such and such area at such and such time. Nope, in my opinion, it wasn't Cheryl in that car.

I get a nagging feeling there is more to this story than what we know.

Quite often they can not discuss details of an active investigation, especially if it might mean someone could flee.. I've seen this kind of thing before, sometimes it's just that they don't have enough information, sometimes it's just so they can monitor someone when the heat is turned up..

I don't think they have footage of who was in the car, if I had to GUESS ( and yes mods this is guessing ) .. I would suspect we might have a neighbor's security camera or something of that nature.. I know at my house we just installed an 8 camera system .. they are getting to be cheap and powerful..

But I think there is a method to the madness when it comes to disseminating information for sure :) .. release just enough to let the public know you're on it, and just enough but NOT enough to let the potential suspect know you're onto them..

<modsnip - not victim friendly>

I presented NO new facts, as my disclaimer.. all opinion and conjecture.. take it as such

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - quoted post and reference to it removed>

$4000.00 missing from a shoe box of cash. Goodness, I wish I had that much in my closet, lol! Now, when the police were at the house and searching with the warrant, did they find this shoe box with cash in it? Or did he report this after they searched? Now, just what would you do with $4000.00, but no car, no home, no purse, no phone, no clothes, no computer, etc? No one saw her at all that day- no one. Not even a stranger in the grocery store, or her walking the parking lot. No one.

Last edited by a moderator:
That seems subjective for multiple reasons..

A man could be the same height or less than her, we don't know that she was taken, and we don't know the hight or gender of who took her if she was indeed taken.. We don't know how her seat may have been positioned prior to her disappearing either..

unless her alleged abductor was very tall and she was very short ( or vice versa ) it's likely to not be useful but probably noted.

They'd be more likely to be searching for things like hair, cloth, fingerprints, shoe prints.. etc..

Cheryl's only 5'3". I'm 5'4" and I have to readjust my seat anytime someone else drives my car. It could at least give a clue. LE also states in media voluntarily leaving is still a consideration.

From that article ...

An affidavit showed police want to see text messages and online communication between Coker and a person of interest who 2 News is choosing not to name.

Since this information was released publicly anyone can obtain those same documents and can learn the name of the person of interest. Media isn't choosing to publish it but it is a public document.

Anyone here make a request for the warrant yet?

From WHIO report:
Court records show police have searched the following places as part of their investigation:

• Two search warrants for a Toyota Tacoma
  • Two search warrants for a Toyota Highlander
  • A search warrant of husband William Coker’s cell phone
  • Court orders to search the bank records of both Cheryl and William Coker
  • Court order to search records held by William Coker’s place of employment
  • Two court orders for cell phone records for two separate phone numbers
  • A search warrant of the Coker residence on Christy Avenue in Riverside

Local news media cornered him at work today after repeated attempts to contact him. He agreed to talk with them off camera. Question, "Do you think your wife is still alive?" Answer, "I hope so. I loved her. We love her and miss her very much and just hope she comes home." Note the slip up into past tense. Scott Peterson did the same thing.

Local news media cornered him at work today after repeated attempts to contact him. He agreed to talk with them off camera. Question, "Do you think your wife is still alive?" Answer, "I hope so. I loved her. We love her and miss her very much and just hope she comes home." Note the slip up into past tense. Scott Peterson did the same thing.

Tick, Tock....

From WHIO report:
Court records show police have searched the following places as part of their investigation:

• Two search warrants for a Toyota Tacoma
  • Two search warrants for a Toyota Highlander
  • A search warrant of husband William Coker’s cell phone
  • Court orders to search the bank records of both Cheryl and William Coker
  • Court order to search records held by William Coker’s place of employment
  • Two court orders for cell phone records for two separate phone numbers
  • A search warrant of the Coker residence on Christy Avenue in Riverside
Records held by his employer? Would that be life insurance records?

I'm not 100% clear on him actually doing this, but I am willing to bet that he has a damn good idea of who did.

$4000.00 missing from a shoe box of cash. Goodness, I wish I had that much in my closet, lol! Now, when the police were at the house and searching with the warrant, did they find this shoe box with cash in it? Or did he report this after they searched? Now, just what would you do with $4000.00, but no car, no home, no purse, no phone, no clothes, no computer, etc? No one saw her at all that day- no one. Not even a stranger in the grocery store, or her walking the parking lot. No one.

Who has $4k in cash in their homes when there's an ATM on every corner these days?

Who has $4k in cash in their homes when there's an ATM on every corner these days?

I am always surprised by it, but I know more than one person who keeps lots of cash around. Having said that, I’m not sure I would have told the police that I had that much cash in the house and it disappeared when she did.

I haven’t seen anything that describes what W. Coker does for work at Costco-but I am starting to doubt that the family would have had at least $4,ooo in cash at their house. If he worked a normal job at Costco, wouldn’t the family have been just making ends meet, like most of the rest of us, living paycheck to paycheck? This seems odd to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke