Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a long shot. Not sure what’s up with the media coverage around here tonight. Kept hearing that we would get updates at 6pm etc but nothing has come and no activity on any of the online media sources. Maybe something will update at 10. Saw a tweet that a friend retweeted saying the poster heard nothing on police scanners, not sure if they’d say anything on the comms radios though. I’ll keep an eye out and post as soon as I see anything. There have been power outages here so that perhaps took precedent over any other coverage, or maybe LE is playing anything they found close to the vest right now.

It’s a long shot. Not sure what’s up with the media coverage around here tonight. Kept hearing that we would get updates at 6pm etc but nothing has come and no activity on any of the online media sources. Maybe something will update at 10. Saw a tweet that a friend retweeted saying the poster heard nothing on police scanners, not sure if they’d say anything on the comms radios though. I’ll keep an eye out and post as soon as I see anything. There have been power outages here so that perhaps took precedent over any other coverage, or maybe LE is playing anything they found close to the vest right now.
I read on her missing page that Channel 7 said the search was cancelled (in the comment section). If so I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned in updates on any of the local news sites.

Right. I wonder if the picture they posted of the search was just old footage or something then? Seems odd no one would say anything. And then why tweet that there would be updates at 6 but not say the update is that it was called off?? Let me do some digging with friends and see what I can drudge out.

This is the only photo I’ve seen of the search. It was on a local newscasters twitter. I can’t tell where it is but there’s a fence to the left there. Anyone recognize it?

Bryn Caswell on Twitter
This was posted on EquuSearch's facebook page 20 minutes ago so I don't think they cancelled the search. Not sure if I can link it.

EquuSearch posted on facebook that the search wasn't cancelled today. No other information. Nothing on any local news. This is crazy. Every news outlet was giving daily updates about this search, then nothing on the day of the search. Hoping for some big news tomorrow.

I read on her missing page that Channel 7 said the search was cancelled (in the comment section). If so I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned in updates on any of the local news sites.
Usually Texas Eqqusearch posts updates on their Facebook page. Last I heard, some did go out searching today, but there's been no update as to whether or not they found anything or not. I am going to guess no, because the weather, from what I have read, was brutal there.

EquuSearch posted on facebook that the search wasn't cancelled today. No other information. Nothing on any local news. This is crazy. Every news outlet was giving daily updates about this search, then nothing on the day of the search. Hoping for some big news tomorrow.
Well, let's be honest- if they found anything, I think we'd hear about seeing police and a ME at a certain site where the searchers are. News like that gets out fast on social media these days, even when the media tries to be respectful and not post anything until the family hears first. A couple of cases on here in the past, the families found out about either the missing person's body being found or the death of a sibling, on Facebook, of all pages. So I do believe that if any evidence was found or if they had found Cheryl, it would be all over the FB groups within minutes.

Great sleuthing, and thanks for keeping us posted.

I really do think that social media would explode- you'd see photos of police at Cheryl's house with an arrest, as well as police and a ME van pulling up where searchers are, if she was found.

Probably the weather has indeed been the main focus today- we had brutal weather here just like yours a couple of weeks ago, it was frightening, those high winds and rain/snow/sleet. We have rain/snow/sleet and some wind going on all day and night tonight, but nothing like what you're going through today and tonight- we got that two weeks ago, you can keep it, lol. Just kidding- stay safe, locals! Hope your power stays on!

I really didn’t think the weather was so bad. Earlier the sun was out and it was warmer than it had been. The wind gusts were a bit much but not so bad, at least not where I am. I live just a few miles from the Coker home. I did a little sleuthing but found nothing. I would usually say I’m guessing nothing was found, but the lack of any media coverage even after they promised updates today seems odd. Local media is doing plenty of other fluff stories and oscars stories so it’s not like the weather has been the ONLY focus. Like someone above said it’s odd that they’ve been on this case in the media like flies on crap, reporting even the most small details, and then nothing today... could just be that my ex military cop brain is paranoid or perhaps they found something small or didn’t get to search the entire target area and aren’t wanting to give up its location just yet.

We watched the Channel WHIO news at 11 pm. They had a brief and rather confusing segment that seemed to say that EQUUS had done some searching but had not executed a full search due to the difficult weather conditions. The video definitely showed a park area, including picnic shelters, but we could not identify them. It could have been the Huffman Dam area or Eastwood Lake area, or some other area. Oddly, the other murder I am aware of that is connected to Eastwood Lake was committed by a young man (Thomas Michael Taylor) who lived on Christy Ave. He murdered Joyce Marie Sperry in 1988, and her body was found southwest of the Dayton Hydrobowl.

Thanks for the update @branwell. I don’t have cable so I only rely on internet media. I drove by Huffman dam several times today and never saw anyone. Didn’t get a chance to go by Eastwood Metro Park but I will tomorrow morning. I wonder if the footage could be some stock footage or searches or maybe footage of the volunteers that have searched previously? I know TE is really secretive about where they are at. I would expect a lot of “live” media coverage on the scene if the reporters had seen the searchers out somewhere today.

I’m still wondering why they haven’t charged Bill with obstruction of justice? They have him on surveillance cameras. Are they thinking that if they charged him the surveillance video wouldn’t prove without a doubt that the man in the video is him? I would think at the least arresting him could cause him to panic a bit and possibly spill the beans. By now they have to be up on his cell phone activity. Why delay charging him at this point?

Thanks for the updates, I never realized until this morning having my coffee that the Eastwood Metro Park is basically across the street from the Stebbins High School, how ironic this would be .....
First William abandons Cheryls SUV in the Kroger parking , , in a spot that can be seen from her mothers home..
Second, if Cheryl’s remains are ever found in the Eastwood park, what type of message was he sending to the daughter.

If you get a chance do a internet satellite image of the Eastwood metro park, you will see clearly how close her school is, kinda scary and sick on his part if this turns out to be the site

"She's out there," National team joins search for Cheryl Coker

On Sunday the team searched on foot, but has been using ATVs and cadaver dogs, hoping to find answers. Rader said he's confident Coker will be found, "She’s out there somewhere and through the process of elimination we’ll work through the investigation and hopefully we will get them the answers that they need."

Video at link

In post #945 I spoke of the possibility of Cheryl’s personal belongings being donated to the Salvation Army, has anyone noted if William is placing large trash bags out for weekly pickup, just wondering if he was cleaning house to make room for the NEW Cheryl

Another question when the police did the initial search of the Coker residence were they looking for the black hoodie and gloves or did this connection come later

Another question is there any way to check to see if William purchased the black hoodie sweatshirt from Costco along with the gloves
Just wondering if there were sold at this store
Black seems to be his color of choice

If not at Costco, I picture William as a Walmart type guy, did he buy the sweatshirt there along with the gloves,
I think he got these during his planning stage of the crime

In post #945 I spoke of the possibility of Cheryl’s personal belongings being donated to the Salvation Army, has anyone noted if William is placing large trash bags out for weekly pickup, just wondering if he was cleaning house to make room for the NEW Cheryl

Another question when the police did the initial search of the Coker residence were they looking for the black hoodie and gloves or did this connection come later

Another question is there any way to check to see if William purchased the black hoodie sweatshirt from Costco along with the gloves
Just wondering if there were sold at this store
Black seems to be his color of choice

If not at Costco, I picture William as a Walmart type guy, did he buy the sweatshirt there along with the gloves,
I think he got these during his planning stage of the crime

I wonder if it’s possible if he didn’t buy them, but rather shoplifted them from the store where he worked? He wouldn’t want to leave a trail, and just taking them would eliminate that evidence. I don’t think he would have bought them, especially not at Costco. It would make too much sense

@tooltimetim The impression I get is that they didn’t figure out that he was wearing the black hoodie and gloves until later in the investigation, so they probably didn’t look for it specifically in the original search. I’d be curious to see if it was any photos from that search or if anyone remembers it. My bet is he got rid of them. Anyone who watches an episode of Law and Order would know to dump the clothing. I’m sure they could figure out if he purchased them at Costco since you need to swipe your membership card to check out. I’m sure LE has looked into that.

As far as any of Cheryl’s items being taken out I have no clue. I haven’t heard anything. My guess is he’s probably boxed it up and put it in an attic, garage, or basement. That would appear too skeptical since early on he maintained he thought she ran off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia