GUILTY OH - Deanna Ballman, 23, pregnant, dies of heroin OD, Columbus, 31 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow, they threw all the charges at him! Not in custody? Are they letting him get his affairs in order before going into custody?

That article says he was taken into custody this afternoon.

Also

http://www.nbc4i.com/story/21286911/warrant-issued-for-doctor-accused-of-killing-pregnant-woman

A New Albany doctor has been arrested and charged with the murder of a pregnant woman whose body was found in the front yard of an abandoned farmhouse on August 1, 2012.

I'm glad they've thrown the book at him.

So glad for her family

That article says he was taken into custody this afternoon.

They are continuing to update the article. It's changed a few times over the course of the day. When it was originally posted they hadn't taken him into custody.

So glad they have him. Praying for justice.

I don't think I've ever been happier about an arrest! I was sure this case would go cold, thank goodness my instincts were wrong. LE and the local media stuck it out for Deanna, Mabel, and family. I don't say this often, but WOO HOO!

Hopefully this is the first step towards true justice for Deanna.

Don't know why I decided to check out this thread today of all days. Haven't been here in months. I can't even express my thankfulness that LE did their work thoroughly and has arrested this . I was so losing hope that this case would not be pursued. Great job LE!! Now convict this evil piece of garbage and make sure he never walks among society again.

New Albany Doctor Charged With Murder In Connection With Pregnant Mother's Death

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...n-connection-with-pregnant-mothers-death.html

!!!!!!

Charges in a nutshell from 10tv article:
Ali Salim, an emergency room doctor who worked in Knox County, was charged with two counts of murder as well as rape, felonious assault, corrupting another with drugs, kidnapping, tampering with evidence and abuse of a corpse.

The charges are in connection with the death of 23-year-old Deanna Ballman of Pataskala and her unborn child. Ballman’s body was discovered on August 1.

Link to actual indictment:
http://abc6onyourside.com/images/Indictment.pdf

This part of the article posted, is VERY worrisome to me, as no doubt, the Dr. will try & pin some blame on this woman who no longer is here to defend herself.
And then to subject this grieving family, to this kind of abuse of their loved one would be beyond imaginable, as they try to deal wtih the new death of their son at the same time as this case is coming up.

I know he has the right to a defense, but it just "seems to me".......(using logic here), that since he has been known in the past to have all types of women, in and out of that house and other Craig List complaints against him (the drawing on bodies, etc) and NOW, this article suggesting "payment with heroin??"
Salim is now accused of giving Ballman the heroin that killed her.

According to 10 Investigates, that might have been payment for work she was doing for him. 10 Investigates has learned detectives have done multiple interviews for the case, one of which involved a suspected drug dealer.

One source, who cannot comment on the record, said investigators are interested in cell phone records, surveillance video and doctor Salim's DNA.

His attorney Sam Shamanksy would not comment on those allegations. He said that Salim’ is cooperating with police.

“He's dealt with it well, with these allegations swirling, and not knowing if or when. It would be difficult for anybody but he's maintained composure,” said Shamansky.

Salim emigrated from Pakistan and did his residency in West Virginia. There have been past indications of other problems with the doctor and his New Albany home.

Police have answered multiple 911 calls at the residence; one came because of a woman who last summer told 10 Investigates that she answered one of Salim's Craigslist ads to model. She said when she got there, he asked her to pose nude.

"We're one step closer to bringing justice to the family and friends of Deanna Ballman with today's arrest of Salim. We hope today is the beginning of some form of closure for this family and other loved ones," said Delaware Co. Sheriff Russell Martin.

A Doctor in this country? He probably has a million in pocket change, no prob! :(

Yeah, justice is fair alright........not for Deeanna

A Doctor in this country? He probably has a million in pocket change, no prob! :(

Yeah, justice is fair alright........not for Deeanna

He was working in a small county hospital doing emergency medicine. Depending on his student loan situation, his finances could vary by quite a bit.

What are they going to do if he goes on the run? He is from Pakistan.
Is there an extradition treaty with Pakistan?

An article said he had to surrender his passport and would be put on house arrest with an ankle monitor when released on bail. (Or bond?)

I don't have time to find the article now but I will find and post link this afternoon.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back