GUILTY OH - Doyle, 88, & Lilian Chumney, 79, Tuscarawas County, 21 Jan 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting, Treelights...all those properties have the same sold date in 1997. I don't think they purchased and closed on all the same date (though possible - maybe part of some auction). If they established a trust and moved the properties into the trust, it could be the date the transfers took place. Or they could've inherited the properties themselves. Regardless, they've had possession of them for a long time & before the housing bust...so I would say, there's likely a whole lot of equity there as well as a bit of an income stream. While they may not be Trump level billionaires, these people were not broke.

Police warn Ohio residents to 'lock their doors' after missing couple is found dead in their burnt car days after their home was ransacked

Police are investigating how the bodies of Doyle, 88, and Lillian Chumney, 79, ended up in a burnt vehicle on a remote road 30 miles from their home

Police removed the vehicle from the scene on Thursday evening but what remained was a ghostly burnt outline of where the car once stood

The couple was reported missing on Wednesday after failing to pick up their son to take him to the airport leading police to their ransacked home

'You can't say it doesn't happen in a town like this, but it just doesn't happen in a town like this,' said a troubled neighbor

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-just-days-home-ransacked.html#ixzz3PlKfh25h

In the Google map street view you can also see Mr & Mrs Chumney sitting in chairs in the yard.

In the Google map street view you can also see Mr & Mrs Chumney sitting in chairs in the yard.
I saw that & shed many tears! I do not know them or any of their family members but live approximately 15 miles from Strasburg. In the summer, for many years, I would take my children & now grandchildren to Lynn's Drive Inn theater. It is a wonderful little town with so many nice people.

This case has taken hold of me. I heard on the news today there has not been a murder there since the 70's. I pray they find the perpetrator(s) of this horrendous crime soon. I attended the vigil last night & shed many tears for these individuals, whom by all accounts were fabulous loving people.

From Surfie's link:

Littleton knew the Russells because they sold him the house in which Brown's body was found, police said.

Looks like in that case the perp was known to the victims (however slightly), so they were not chosen at random. Hopefully the murderer(s) in this case will also be identified and brought to justice.

JMO

I really thought this would be a quick case with an immediate arrest. This makes me sad, that poor family.

I have been carried away in the Bud and June Runion case for a couple days and came back by to check on the Chumneys to see if any arrests have been made. So sad to see that we are right where we were. :(
Who did this? Praying for answers....

I keep hoping I will come back & see an arrest also. I am following the Bud & June Runion case also. I posted a Double homicide, Helen Dobransky (97) & Kenneth Bittinger (84) , that occurred in November here in Stark County Ohio. It is close to Strasburg. Some similarities make me wonder if there is any connection: Elderly individuals whom own rental property.

I pray for Justice soon in all three of these horrible cases!

I don't find this odd, actually. My grandparents are close in age to this couple and often drive my uncle to the airport (and he drives them too).

Prayers to the family. Hope for quick answers!

My 89 year old Grandpa was often the one who picked people up at the airport and dropped them off.
He was healthy, active and clearly still driving daily.
He picked MIL up at the airport on Friday, dropped her off on Saturday.
He totally unexpectedly died on Sunday.

That definitely isn't weird to me.

I wonder if they were taken OUT of the house in order to go to a bank, box or ATM?
That is really the only reason a strange would have for removing them from the house. :twocents:

It could have been anyone! If it was someone they knew really well, then that person would have known they were expected to pick up their son, and when they didn't show up, there would be immediate concern, and someone would come looking. A stranger wouldn't know that.

Small town doesn't mean it's a local either. Sadly some people have no respect for others at all. Stealing anything, and killing anyone shows lack of respect!

I hope the police can find enough evidence to nail whoever did this and soon!!!

Interesting...

From the sons ministry FB page:

Eddie Chumney - Hebraic Heritage Ministries Int'l
January 27 at 12:18pm

~snipped

"For those that know me through my "faith family", my parents 100% supported me in the ministry. My mom was THE person who helped me send out orders the last 20 years. The last time I saw my parents, they were helping me to send out orders. My mom and dad took me to the airport for ministry trips. I would NOT be able to be in full time ministry today without their love, support and encouragement over the years. They created the environment for me to make what I am doing today possible.
For my "faith family" friends, if you would like to honor my parents and show your love to them for what they have helped me to be currently doing, please send a donation to Hebraic Heritage Ministries. You may do so via Paypal or you may make your check out to (Hebraic Heritage Ministries) and send to:
Hebraic Heritage Ministries"
PO Box 81
Strasburg, OH 44680
Eddie Chumney

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eddi...istries-Intl/10150089453535557?ref=ts&fref=ts

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back