GUILTY OH - Doyle, 88, & Lilian Chumney, 79, Tuscarawas County, 21 Jan 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is Jeffery Stewart the guy in the picture on this page from surveillance video?

A post about the minister son a page back made me look at his FaceBook page. The day before the murders he posted he was going to a conference. Not only that, but he said he was taking a direct flight on SW Airlines from Ohio to Florida.

That sound so alibi-ish to me.

Jeffery Stewart is the guy from the surveillance vid, the van on vid belongs to the other suspect, Robert Clark.

I feel for the daughter finding their home like that. She must have been frantic.

Jeffery Stewart posted on his fb that he started working for a lawn and landscape company early in Jan 2015. I wonder if he was hired by the Chumneys to do some winter maintenance work or snow removal.

They were caught by items they stole, so I'm guessing robbery. My biggest question, is why target the Chumneys? How'd they know them? Surely they didn't just pick a house at random.

3:19 p.m. A sheriff’s deputy finds tire tracks and footprints on Harmon Hill Road. The deputy is out on foot.

4:56 p.m. A Strasburg man reports seeing a black SUV at the Chumney’s South Bodmer Avenue house at about 11:30. He says this was likely their daughter’s vehicle.

5:22 p.m. A caller tells dispatch she was out at about 5:50 a.m. and noticed footprints around her house and vehicle. The prints then go towards the Chumney’s house.

Per the timeline upthread on post #106 by BayouMistress, it appears to me as if that is EXACTLY what they were doing, randomly seeking out someone or some thing to rip off. Unfortunantly it appears they were able to find somebody in the neighborhood that left their doors unlocked, resulting in a home invasion.

According to this, the vultures were circling around the neighbors property before they zoomed in on the Chumney's.

Keep your doors locked folks, even if it means just latching the screen door. Any kind of a buffer is better than letting someone just walk right in.

Oh oh oh, gotta go back and read now.... someone or some people have been arrested??

As for the locked doors, well, come on in folks. If the Rotti don't get you, the husky/boxer mix that looks exactly like a pitbull will! Then BOOM will get ya too!!

I hate how perps want to go after the vulnerable! Women by themselves, elderly people, and young people. Bet they ain't so big and bad against someone their own size and strength!

This reminds me so much of the couple in Canada that still haven't been found. :(

The one they have arrested that works at the lawn care, well that business is right across from one of the rental properties that the Chumney's owned.

Concerning that the second hasn't been arrested. I fear suicide on that one.

Sheriff: Man wanted in couple's murder robs store at gunpoint

A suspect wanted in the abduction and murder of an elderly Ohio couple robbed a convenience store in West Virginia Saturday, according to the Coshocton County Sheriff's Office.

The second suspect, Robert Clark, is believed to be a suspect in other crimes while he is on the run.

Check out this story on WKYC.com: http://on.wkyc.com/1CPWtba

Sheriff: Man wanted in couple's murder robs store at gunpoint

A suspect wanted in the abduction and murder of an elderly Ohio couple robbed a convenience store in West Virginia Saturday, according to the Coshocton County Sheriff's Office.

The second suspect, Robert Clark, is believed to be a suspect in other crimes while he is on the run.

Check out this story on WKYC.com: http://on.wkyc.com/1CPWtba

Wow, I hope he is caught!!!!
Crazy, robbing while on the run!!!

That is about 2 hours straight south of Strasburg, I sure hope they catch him soon. He seems out of control, I can't believe he was with 2 other men, I wonder if they were involved with Chumneys' murders as well. Otherwise, why align yourself with a murderer?

That is about 2 hours straight south of Strasburg, I sure hope they catch him soon. He seems out of control, I can't believe he was with 2 other men, I wonder if they were involved with Chumneys' murders as well. Otherwise, why align yourself with a murderer?

Unless they don't know he is involved in the Chumney's murders, or they don't care if he was involved.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BecStar
Back