GUILTY OH - Doyle, 88, & Lilian Chumney, 79, Tuscarawas County, 21 Jan 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Great, he's moving south! GA has had her fair share, hope they catch this nutjob sooon!! and

Good grief, more 20 yr olds, this house was ransacked unlike the Dermonds, where no known cash or items were stolen, this one had a safe, makes me think we don't know what the Dermonds had in their home after all but their home was not ransacked, it was immaculate,

I told my husband today, I guess at this rate, anyone over 60 apparently needs to be in an assisted living home for protection, :gaah:this is crazy, my aunt 82 lives alone, all her family out of state, NOT a good idea, even with her great neighbors!

So i have a few more years

The one they have arrested that works at the lawn care, well that business is right across from one of the rental properties that the Chumney's owned.

Hmm, watching them? Makes me think of the Dermonds again, maybe was an ex employee or some connection

Such craziness in this world

Oh oh oh, gotta go back and read now.... someone or some people have been arrested??

As for the locked doors, well, come on in folks. If the Rotti don't get you, the husky/boxer mix that looks exactly like a pitbull will! Then BOOM will get ya too!!

I hate how perps want to go after the vulnerable! Women by themselves, elderly people, and young people. Bet they ain't so big and bad against someone their own size and strength!

I read some headlines earlier about a robber that entered the home of a 74 yr old, but the robber didn't get out, guessing the owner had his glock

I don't think because someone may benefit later on financially means they are the murderers. Every time someone dies or is even murdered of course most family members may benefit somehow later down the road. If that truly was a factor then murderers would never murder someone they don't know and we know all too well that isn't the case.

But we are seeing a rash of very violent crimes recently on the elderly and these crimes are being done by strangers.

I haven't read all the latest articles yet and just saw the header that they have caught one suspect and looking for another.

I imagine this is going to be robbery motive and a home invasion and they silenced this couple to keep them from being able to tell anyone.

It never made me feel like the family was involved.
no that would make most of AMerica a murderer, but that lends motive, you know tho

and yes, this elderly crime bit is getting a bit out of hand isn't it!? Terrible

Jeffery Stewart posted on his fb that he started working for a lawn and landscape company early in Jan 2015. I wonder if he was hired by the Chumneys to do some winter maintenance work or snow removal.

This is creepy. Back in 2006 my grandmother was beaten and robbed by 2 men in Clark County. They threw a TV on her when she told them she didn't have any money. They were wearing masks and she couldn't identify them. She was one of three elderly victims in the area. They linked one of the perps as a new employee of a lawn care business, he had been mowing the grass at all of their homes. I'm going to try and find out if they're out yet. This guy could've been shoveling the sidewalks of their rentals.

From what I read (probably on SM) the younger kid worked at a landscaping business across the street from the Chumney's rental properties.

I would say they got it right, Holy Cow..."Armed and dangerous" is right. I feel so bad for all involved.....I hope he does not hurt anyone else before capture. IMHO

Meanwhile, Dustin R. Bowe, 32, of 513 Eighth St. NW, Canton, was arrested by Canton police early Sunday and held in the Stark County Jail after officials discovered he had the Chumneys’ credit cards in his possession/
Campbell said Bowe was not involved in the murders, but is believed to have received the credit cards from Clark.
Bowe faces felony charges of having weapons while under a disability, obstructing justice and receiving stolen property, according to Stark County Jail records.​
Read more: http://www.timesreporter.com/article/20150201/News/150209981#ixzz3QZ6oGa8j

http://www.timesreporter.com/

According to Chief Deputy Orvis Campbell of the Tuscarawas County Sheriff’s Office, Clark has been linked to two armed robberies Saturday in West Virginia and may have been involved in another robbery in South Carolina early Sunday.
Campbell said local authorities believe Clark and two others were involved in armed robberies in Ripley and Sissonville, West Virginia.
Clark and Jeffrey Craig Stewart, 21, of Barnhill, each are charged with one count of murder in connection with the murders of Doyle Chumney, 88, and his wife, Lillian, 79, who were abducted from their Bodmer Avenue, Strasburg, residence late Jan. 20 or early Jan. 21.
http://www.timesreporter.com/article/20150201/NEWS/150209981

On the Tuscarawas County Sheriff's FB someone commented that she did not have custody of the child. Hoping this is the case & the baby is safe!
OMG thank you for posting that. When I went to her facebook page and saw the baby my stomach dropped. I truly hope the baby is safe with someone else.

After reading through the posts on the tuscarawas county sheriff facebook I have to say, the locals are much more vocal than those in McRae GA. They are putting two and two together, screenshotting FB pages, and seem to be very determined to bring the men they thought they knew to justice. JMO

After reading through the posts on the tuscarawas county sheriff facebook I have to say, the locals are much more vocal than those in McRae GA. They are putting two and two together, screenshotting FB pages, and seem to be very determined to bring the men they thought they knew to justice. JMO
They have been naming names for quite a few days now. Some have been erased by the Sheriff's department, but they just kept posting. Definitely very informative. Robert Clark's sister has been posting a lot also.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back