GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I thought too when i saw the lawyer with long grey hair. Has he been on Dateline or 48 Hours? He does look familiar.

Yes, I believe so. I just can't put my finger on who exactly he is, though.

Please come home today....

I am hoping something happens today otherwise I wonder what will happen with court on Monday. Is the charge AS is in there for enough to keep her? I have thought if she was would she be able to keep going with her crap with the pressures of the media and public. TBH as long as she sits in jail she only can talk to other prisoners who are not all that credible. Everything else is with the lawyer there. If she were released or made bond could she keep be from yacking and the attention or not? Would her curiousness lead us to Elaina? Would she run to SK who is the one she accuses ? I hope there is NO WAY for her to ever get out and taste freedom again.

Are they out searching today? I heard they weren't again until tomorrow morning at 10am? Just a vigil at 2pm today? Anyone know if they are searching today?

Are they out searching today? I heard they weren't again until tomorrow morning at 10am? Just a vigil at 2pm today? Anyone know if they are searching today?

Hi,this post from Moonflowers111 says there will be searches today.

Quote:"Family and friends are searching today and the family has an event planned at 2 p.m. Search Headquarters is on Leonard at Federal St. Searchers are needed today and everyday until Elaina is found.
https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindEla...nfurth?fref=ts

Justice4Nevaeh is organizing searchers tomorrow at 10 a.m. They have a map of areas searched and turn searcher reports/finds over to LE to follow up on".

I don't know how to bring single posts over, but I just quoted a portion of the post. This was posted by Moonflowers111 on page 17, post#416.

You would think they'd take all the help they were offered.

We need people searching, or people with dogs searching. Or perhaps boats searching. The offer was 45 people down and then we're fundraising and can send a couple of "mappers". It was kind of a let down for some of us.

Bringing the fundraiser to East Toledo and searching might have really helped Elaina with the extra people and publicity. And their expertise, of course.

Thank you! I pray they have information I can't imagine them letting Angela walk tomorrow or not give additional charges.

We need people searching, or people with dogs searching. Or perhaps boats searching. The offer was 45 people down and then we're fundraising and can send a couple of "mappers". It was kind of a let down for some of us.

Bringing the fundraiser to East Toledo and searching might have really helped Elaina with the extra people and publicity. And their expertise, of course.

I feel bad for TE bc they put so much time and money into finding Caylee Anthony when CA knew all along where she was. Wasting their time and money.
If I lived close I would help search ....

I want to throw this idea out there for a couple of reasons: Elaina is alive.

1) To my knowledge no cadaver dog has had an "indicator" at several locations on Federal Street where she vanished from (supposedly) and other locations. To me this is good news.

2) I heard from T.J.'s side of the family and then confirmed with a King family member that RS took MS and AS for 6 months over a custody dispute years ago with their mother.

If I consider that and the fact that AS & RS are so trying to make us think little Elaina is 100% in the 0% visibility Maumee River....I have to consider the previous behavior and rethink.

I wish the police could get the stroller RS has at his house supposedly.

THREE WEEKS.

I WANT TO SCREAM.

UGH. sorry. just seems unreal.

i hope they stop the bs and set a precedent. use AS as an example, not talking won't work. you will still end up in a heap of trouble.

what is the max she can get with the current charge?

Could be, but especially for water searches, I'd want someone qualified doing the searching. I did read where TJ and a friend were in the river searching, and that's great, but this is not their line of work. I'd hate for evidence to be contaminated by untrained searchers. (IF evidence is indeed there)

I say, bring those trained water searchers to Toledo! If that's what the other person is following up on, that is fantastic!!

Opposed to doing nothing, doing something feels better when your child is missing. When any child is missing for that matter. The trained searchers were out there a few times already. T.J. is looking to see what is tangled up in the debris along the edges, if something unusual is floating and so on. It's a visual search not an underwater search. They were instructed to call 911 if anything was found and to stay with whatever was found and not to touch it. Everyone has followed the same instructions on finding something of interest from what I have observed.

A lot of us are winging it, including T.J. and his family.

Thank goodness for Websleuths!!

I say, bring those trained water searchers to Toledo! If that's what the other person is following up on, that is fantastic!!

Opposed to doing nothing, doing something feels better when your child is missing. When any child is missing for that matter. The trained searchers were out there a few times already. T.J. is looking to see what is tangled up in the debris along the edges, if something unusual is floating and so on. It's a visual search not an underwater search. They were instructed to call 911 if anything was found and to stay with whatever was found and not to touch it. Everyone has followed the same instructions on finding something of interest from what I have observed.

A lot of us are winging it, including T.J. and his family.

Thank goodness for Websleuths!!

I get he has to do something, but I just think it couldn't hurt to have professionals search the water areas.

Sitting with husband having iced sun tea out back. He was going to start the weed eater and I told him I was going to go check the Elaina thread on Websleuths.He asked me if AS was still in jail. I told him yes.
His comment:
Sure hope no guy with a cowboy hat comes and bails her out!
When he said that I literally got shivers up my back. UGH....the thought of AS being able to be bailed out and walking around pretending to search for her baby makes my skin crawl.

22 days
528 hours
31,680 minutes

:sigh:

I remember when I lost sight of my ex's daughter in the store for less than a minute. She had walked over to the next aisle, and I don't think I calmed down for a week.

How a mother, or anyone, for that matter, could keep their mouths shut for 22 days and not give more info than is already known, is beyond disgusting.
It's reprehensible.

I agree. Some one has to set a precedent. Sky's case has gone on forever-- as well as countless others--

Set a precedent!

1) To my knowledge no cadaver dog has had an "indicator" at several locations on Federal Street where she vanished from (supposedly) and other locations. To me this is good news.

2) I heard from T.J.'s side of the family and then confirmed with a King family member that RS took MS and AS for 6 months over a custody dispute years ago with their mother.

If I consider that and the fact that AS & RS are so trying to make us think little Elaina is 100% in the 0% visibility Maumee River....I have to consider the previous behavior and rethink.

Boy, I hope this story plays out with Baby Elaina in hiding!

Are you sure the cadaver dogs haven't had a hit? Have police confirmed that? If so, there may be hope, right?

Isn't it hard to imagine that anyone would do AS such a huge favor by hiding and caring for the baby. Why risk trouble with the law? Who would be motivated to help her that LE hasn't already checked out by now? Is AS really that bright to plan such a thing? She strikes me as impulsive and disorganized.

But if I'm wrong, and I hope I am, then why would AS mention that the baby had injuries? Why not just say, "She has disappeared", which is the story SK is sticking to?

I think AS is ambivalent. Part of her wants Baby Elaina to be found and mourned. AS has a loving, maternal side to her psyche. It was the disordered wounded aspect of her personality, which self-destructed and made dozens of poor choices, ultimately leaving Baby Elaina unprotected and at risk.

I agree that AS finding the diaper by the water is fishy. Either she knew it was there because she took it off Baby Elaina before throwing her in or she planted it after the fact.

My prayer is that if they did throw her in the water, it was after she had passed. It causes me unbearable anguish to imagine sweet Baby Elaina having to suffer a drowning on top of severe beating(s). Could AS and SK be so heartless to actually murder her in order to hide her injuries?

In AS's first story, Baby Elaina was alive when she last saw her. That frightens me. Did she last see her at the lake after removing her diaper and throwing her in? Oh, please no...

I pray she is found alive, injury-free, and well-cared for. It's that flicker of hope that keeps me following along.

When was the last time LE had any official info about this case, when AS was arrested?

I agree that borderlines are more likely to turn their rage inward (self-harm), but it seems like the lion's share of these mom's who harm their children end up with the borderline diagnosis, at the minimum.

There is a big behavioral difference between undiagnosed borderlines and those in therapy with insight and the desire to change. There's also a difference between borderlines in the severity of their illness and how the traits are expressed.

I'm interested in understanding As's subconscious motivations. Sounds like she subverted TJ's possible abandonment by abandoning him first (cheating). Also, sounds like her older baby girl, KS, was already a daddy's girl (abandoned AS). Did that perceived rejection coincide with AS's conception of Elaina? You can always have more and more children (some speculate octomom is borderline). AS told her sis she wanted to run off with Elaina, so TJ could never see her again (Elaina would never abandon her). Elaina was slow to walk (severe neglect- left in a playpen for huge chunks of the day will do that). And when she gets more steady on her feet and enters into the tantrum stage as all toddlers do (12-18 months), AS takes her to a hell-hole of a house to spend time with an unstable and dangerous man, who has absolutely no bond with Elaina. Why would a mother do this?

I believe AS loved Elaina.

Just wondering if AS so dreaded Elaina's future independence, which signified abandonment to AS, that she subverted that anticipated rejection, by abandoning Elaina first. This would all be subconscious, of course.

These patterns can go back generations.

And usually the borderline diagnosis is something is that has been undiagnosed for years, my own diagnosis was 15 odd years in the making, it's not something that is easily diagnosed due to comorbid conditions.

Yes there is a huge difference between undiagnosed and diagnosed BPD sufferers and severity.

But I still respectfully disagree with the walking/abandonment that your saying, my eldest is a daddy's boy and yet I don't feel abandoned..

I believe your next paragraph is due more to drug/issues that would come with custody more than BPD and AS was known to be heavy handed with kylee and elaina.

I'm not disputing she could be borderline, I'm more prone to her issues stemming from drugs

I get he has to do something, but I just think it couldn't hurt to have professionals search the water areas.

It couldn't hurt but it isn't like they can just snap their fingers and have a group there. Unless these organizations volunteer their time or the community is able to fundraise the searches are expensive to arrange. We know that TJ works at Panera Bread so I doubt he has the kind of funds sitting in the bank that it would take to hire professional water searchers to travel to Ohio with the necessary equipment.

This is what I have been thinking for the last week and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migeemp79