GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as it's finished loading to youtube I'll be posting just for this site a video I created today to give you an idea of the Maumee river and the names that keep popping up on here.

I'm assuming you're responding to my question.

So, if you've seen at least one interview of JK, then would you agree that you would likely be able to recognize her in public?

I would not agree to that, no. But thanks for asking.

As soon as it's finished loading to youtube I'll be posting just for this site a video I created today to give you an idea of the Maumee river and the names that keep popping up on here.

TY. Looking forward to it.

And usually the borderline diagnosis is something is that has been undiagnosed for years, my own diagnosis was 15 odd years in the making, it's not something that is easily diagnosed due to comorbid conditions.

Yes there is a huge difference between undiagnosed and diagnosed BPD sufferers and severity.

But I still respectfully disagree with the walking/abandonment that your saying, my eldest is a daddy's boy and yet I don't feel abandoned..

I believe your next paragraph is due more to drug/issues that would come with custody more than BPD and AS was known to be heavy handed with kylee and Elaina.

I'm not disputing she could be borderline, I'm more prone to her issues stemming from drugs
I agree. Some are obviously borderline; others are harder to diagnose.

The walking/abandonment issue is just a theory. I'm guessing it came about as a means to explain how the shame/false self bits come about and/or how environment in the nature/nurture debate plays out. The first time I heard about this theory, I found it far-fetched. The second time I read about it on this website on the Baby Gabriel/Elizabeth Johnson thread, pertaining to EJ's mental state. Since then, I've taken notice of how so many of these seemingly loving moms are diagnosed as borderline and how they dispose of their toddlers without a whole lot of thought or emotion. I was wondering if there may be some truth to the theory. (Obviously, these moms are much sicker than diagnosed, insightful and higher functioning types.)

The abandonment associated with the baby first learning to walk was explained to me as a continuum of behavior, at the mild end a subtle emotional pulling away or failing to be emotionally present...to leaving the child with others to raise (maybe a nanny)...to physically leaving a child...to failing to protect the child from known dangers/predators...to actually abusing/killing a child.

From what I was told, most borderlines wouldn't be conscious of their abandonment fears/triggers, especially if they hadn't undergone therapy, acknowledge their issues, and want to change.

Sometimes, people diagnosed as borderline don't have the full-blown personality disorder, but merely borderline traits. Also, sometimes former borderlines get better, and no longer meet the diagnostic criteria.

I don't know if this theory is true. Just throwing it out there since I do see a trend in moms hurting babies and shrinks say BPD is on the rise in our society.

With the drugs/custody disputes...it's hard to know if they are a cause of her behavior or a symptom of BPD. Borderlines have a higher incidence of substance abuse, partner-hopping, and terminating relationships prematurely, which can lead to custody disputes.

Could it be because of TJ having a restraining order against RS?

Could be, but that didn't stop both of them from being in the same room when giving multiple media interviews.

I'm interested in hearing what Fred may have heard from locals regarding why RS didn't attend the vigil or march, if he heard anything at all.

Yes, that is a beautiful hymn, who is the man who sang it and led the group in prayer?

He and Terry Sr are childhood friends. I addressed him as pastor and he corrected me with "i'm not a pastor, just a family friend"

Could be, but that didn't stop both of them from being in the same room when giving multiple media interviews.

I'm interested in hearing what Fred may have heard from locals regarding why RS didn't attend the vigil or march, if he heard anything at all.

He is not a topic of discussion at any of the events I've attended.

Also the reason RS was at the press conference at the East Toledo Family Center two weeks ago, and in the studio is because Terry Sr and TJ gave permission hoping it would help bring Elaina back. Their focus is on the baby and nothing else at this point.

Fred, if you don't mind me asking, if no one at the vigil or march brought up RS, why did you mention that he didn't attend either event?

Because I know if I hadn't the people on here would have asked if he attended, just as someone asked if JK attended.

Because I know if I hadn't the people on here would have asked if he attended, just as someone asked if JK attended.

Well, actually, the question about whether or not JK attended was posted after your post about RS not attending.

JK is not a family member, but is the mother of AS's boyfriend or not-boyfriend, whatever the case may be. IMO, JK has no relationship (blood, legal, or otherwise, to Elaina). I wouldn't have expected her to attend the vigil or march.

I would expect RS to attend, since he's AS's step-father, and baby Elaina's step-grandfather. His choice, I guess. Perhaps he feels unwelcome, after his recent melodramatic actions. One would think he could put his feelings aside for his granddaughter's sake.

Fair enough. I can accept that.

But darn it, now it is out there and I want to know why he wasn't there. I suppose the RO is the likely answer but I would have expected some kind of "woe is me" statement to the media from him. When does the local jail allow visitation? I wonder if he visited with Angela this weekend.

am i the only one waiting on pins and needles to see what goes down tomorrow in court for AS?

trying not to get my hopes up too high... but i can't help but sit here with my fingers crossed.

As a reporter on the ground, do you have an idea about why RS did not attend the vigil or march?

I'm not a reporter but seeing as the vigil and fundraiser were put together by friends of TJ to show support for him and Elaina's family any appearance by the Kings or RS would be in poor taste. Maybe people want more of that sort of thing but at this point I don't think it will bring Elaina home any quicker. I am sure JK, SK, RS etc. can pray or what have you from the privacy of their homes.

am i the only one waiting on pins and needles to see what goes down tomorrow in court for AS?

trying not to get my hopes up too high... but i can't help but sit here with my fingers crossed.

I'm right there with you. I have spent half of the weekend trying to find out why LE would ask for a continuance. I asked a local judge (JDR), a state trooper, a police chief and a lawyer and none have ever been in that situation before. Ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90