GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think i'm going to be sick to my stomach.

Can't they get mitochondrial DNA from the hair strand?

Can't they get mitochondrial DNA from the hair strand?

I'm not as up to date on this case as others, but when the hair was first found didn't LE make it sound like it would take a long time (weeks/months) to process? I have no idea what local LE resources are like, I'm assuming 'not great' if TJ & family have been having to finance their own boat/grapnel anchor river-dragging trips as I read here yesterday.

((((HUGS)))) and prayers, this is nerve racking. I can't even imagine being the family and friends waiting...........

I completely agree its devastating that they are searching for a baby in the river. No one should have to go through this

my gut tells me that she was found and they're going to go back into the water to see if they can find any other evidence to go with everything else they have. i don't see them driving off with just evidence (no body) in the van, only to do more searching after lunch. i think something very telling is in the bag that was taken away :(

The police also brought back a blanket and have it laid out... <?>
It seems odd.

TJ was just pulled aside by a detective.

Oh man, I don't want to leave the thread but I have an appt. I hope there's some closure soon. Rip little sweetheart

I'm wondering if this incoming information should be in the scanner, anyone know. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the incoming information, I'm just concerned for the family reading here. Thanks Toledo for everything you're doing.

The police also brought back a blanket and have it laid out... <?>
It seems odd.

I wonder if perhaps the blanket is from a matching set and they have found another piece of the set in the river...and wanted to see if it matched. Just speculation, but that's all I can think of.

I'm wondering if this incoming information should be in the scanner, anyone know. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the incoming information, I'm just concerned for the family reading here. Thanks Toledo for everything you're doing.

The news we are discussing is MSM and thus okay to discuss here. The scanner is not a discussion thread. IMO

Can someone please link me to the scanner thread? I can't find it on my phone.

....perhaps an evidence blanket to prevent further contamination.

It appears that something significant has been found.

If our little Elaina has passed (and I believe she has) then I hope they have found her. I don't mean that to sound cruel, but never knowing would be so much harder on the family.

Family and friends of Elaina, please know that we are here to support you in any way we can. Collectively, we can be your shoulder if you need it. I am so sorry you are going through this.

I would think they would use a tarp to collect evidence and not a blanket due to fibers? IMO

I would think they would use a tarp to collect evidence and not a blanket due to fibers? IMO

What kind of blanket is it? I just assumed it was "tarp" like for evidence collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member