GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only saw stuff that was in MSM up here, FWIW.

Okay guys - I don't have time to get through all the posts and I don't want to pull the thread, so I need your help. If you posted from the scanner thread, please go back and delete your post. If it is too late, alert the post so I can find it quickly and I will unapprove it.

If you are just discussing the media articles - thank you and continue on.

Thank you!

Salem

I hope they found something...

I have things going on in my life which has caused me a lot of stress for the past month or so. So I am a bit edgy lately.

Yesterday while dropping off my child at daycare another mother had her 2 year old son dropping him off too. The little one walked behind his mother in front of us. Then I hear her say, "Come on hurry up". "Jesus hurry up anthony". Ok you have your 2 year old walking behind you not paying attention. She barely held the door open for him. He is a baby. He looked so sad and scared. As I held my sons hand he just looked up at me confused. I walked my son to his class and gave him a hug while the lady just pushed her son in the room towards the teacher, said bye and turned and walked away.

SO I asked myself, when did people get to be so mean to their own kids? Maybe i've been reading here too long, but I see it everywhere I go it seems. I just dont know anymore....

I see that so much too! It breaks my heart! ....More often than not i either see parents being mean ...Or they completely ignore their child.

(((ferretmommy))) much love and positive prayers toward you

Nothing new to report.
Fire and Rescue are still diving.

I'm gonna take that as a sign there is still hope for a near positive outcome

It is so difficult to sit here and read this knowing that we are all waiting for word that the divers have found our sweet girl. No child should be found like this and no parent should have to wait on the banks of a muddy river watching strangers search for their child. Elaina has a father and extended family that loves her and would have gladly taken her back off of Angela's hands if she couldn't deal with parenting. It did not have to come to this. TJ was only trying to work and support his girls. He was doing right by them which is far more than I can say for a lot of the fathers that we "see" here. He should have been able to trust the <mod snip> that birthed those girls to keep them safe for 2 damn days! So many of us have fallen in love with Elaina and are unable to hold back the tears today but Angela sits comfortably in jail, likely getting her hair braided and concocting more lies. I hope that horrible woman never walks out of a jail cell again. She doesn't deserve to live for what she has done to precious Elaina and those that love her.

it is odd for LE to bring the blanket {which i'm sure they took for evidence} back to the seen. Unless they are wanting the family to identify it, but even then more than likely that would be done at the police station.

Yep, this is a mystery to me as well. I've followed a lot of cases and I've never seen LE bring found items to a scene and lay them out on the ground.

I wonder if it could be an identical blanket to the one that was found, being used in such a way as to maybe check on something like if it's big enough for something or ... who knows?

(ETA: Did I seriously just suggest a "stunt blanket"? I think I did. Well, I stand by the thought since I don't have any others about this right now.)

" Angela&#8217;s stepfather, Richard Schiewe, said Elaina loved macaroni and cheese and playing with ABC magnets on his refrigerator.

&#8220;I just tickled her a lot and watched her laugh,&#8221; he said. &#8220;She would climb up the stairs and slide down on her butt. She could run, but she couldn&#8217;t run real good. She&#8217;d always run over to me and say, &#8216;Papa! Papa!&#8217; Them babies loved coming over to my house.

&#8220;She loved the swimming pool. We bought her a floatie thing and life jackets. She loved it.

The room where Elaina Steinfurth was last reported seen.

&#8220;I&#8217;m gonna miss all that. No more Christmases or birthdays, no more Easter egg hunts. There&#8217;s no more now. All I got now is memories and pictures.&#8221;"

much, much more at link

http://www.toledofreepress.com/2013/07/03/search-for-answers-continues-in-steinfurth-case/

Also from my link above -

" According to multiple Toledo-area bail bondsmen, Angela could walk out of jail for $5,000. Every bail bondsman surveyed by Toledo Free Press said they would pay Angela&#8217;s bond for $5,000 and could set up a payment plan for an additional $5,000.

&#8220;If she has family support, she could be already out,&#8221; said Shon Hunter, owner of In and Out 24/7 Bail Bonds.

Schiewe told Toledo Free Press on July 3 he was working to get her out of jail within days.&#8221;

http://www.toledofreepress.com/2013/07/03/search-for-answers-continues-in-steinfurth-case/

From your link GGE - the map - location 'A' is interesting - the FBI tip:

Untitled-11.jpg

" Angela’s stepfather, Richard Schiewe, said Elaina loved macaroni and cheese and playing with ABC magnets on his refrigerator.

“I just tickled her a lot and watched her laugh,” he said. “She would climb up the stairs and slide down on her butt. She could run, but she couldn’t run real good. She’d always run over to me and say, ‘Papa! Papa!’ Them babies loved coming over to my house.

“She loved the swimming pool. We bought her a floatie thing and life jackets. She loved it.

The room where Elaina Steinfurth was last reported seen.

“I’m gonna miss all that. No more Christmases or birthdays, no more Easter egg hunts. There’s no more now. All I got now is memories and pictures.”"

much, much more at link

hmmm, guess he knows she's never coming back?

Also from my link above -

" According to multiple Toledo-area bail bondsmen, Angela could walk out of jail for $5,000. Every bail bondsman surveyed by Toledo Free Press said they would pay Angela’s bond for $5,000 and could set up a payment plan for an additional $5,000.

“If she has family support, she could be already out,” said Shon Hunter, owner of In and Out 24/7 Bail Bonds.

Schiewe told Toledo Free Press on July 3 he was working to get her out of jail within days.”

What? Why? :sick::maddening::anguish:

does anyone know the color of this blanket?

the reason I ask is because in this pic, it shows a reddish blanket that they have their equipment on. Just wondering if this could be the "blanket"?
http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/...-divers-searching-river#.UdRLdkzsVrQ.facebook

IMO, no, that is not the baby blanket. The reasons I don't think so are: #1) in the video you get a better shot of it and it doesn't look like a blanket #2) I don't think they would stand on it/put their equipment on it - that would just be cruel. #3) it looks waaaayy too big, IMO.

IMO, another thought on the blanket is that perhaps Elaina had 2 of the exact same blanket, most kids want their 'blankie' and having 2 is always a good idea. So, perhaps the blanket on scene is a duplicate? Although, I still don't get it...why bring a blanket to the scene? Maybe they were showing it to the divers? But, that doesn't make sense either. Confused.

ETA another thought: Were there any dogs on this search today? Perhaps they were using it for scent?

ETA again: It's been pointed out it may not have been a baby blanket, but a regular blanket. Gotta confirm.

A few things that others haven't mentioned from this article:

From Julie King:
When Julie&#8217;s grandchildren set down an iPad, Elaina was quick to grab it and begin tapping the screen.

&#8220;She would go sneaking, quiet as a church mouse, to [the iPads],&#8221; King said. &#8220;Oh my goodness, she would just press everything. She just liked the different things, you know?&#8221;

<modsnip>

"Schiewe told Toledo Free Press on July 3 he was working to get her out of jail within days."

I don't live in the area and certainly DO NOT think anything should be done to Angela, but from the reports she may be safer in jail for now.

IMO, no, that is not the baby blanket. The reasons I don't think so is, #1) in the video you get a better shot of it and it doesn't look like a blanket #2) I don't think they would stand on it/put their equipment on it - that would just be cruel. #3) it looks waaaayy too big, IMO.

IMO, another thought on the blanket is that perhaps Elaina had 2 of the exact same blanket, most kids want their 'blankie' and having 2 is always a good idea. So, perhaps the blanket on scene is a duplicate? Although, I still don't get it...why bring a blanket to the scene? Maybe they were showing it to the divers? But, that doesn't make sense either. Confused.

ETA another thought: Were there any dogs on this search today? Perhaps they were using it for scent?

I'm missing something here I think. Has there been a pic of the "blanket" they found? I didn't hear it was a baby blanket, only a blanket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexisboyd