GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think I have ever seen something like this handled in this fashion. Why did LE even tell the media that the results were completed? I mean, you create a situation where the media is calling the victim's family looking for results and comment? Seems pretty insensitive. :(

I know right? I am a bit taken aback by how LE has reacted lately. I am sure there's lots we don't know, but WTF.

Does Ohio have the death penalty?

---------
Hi blefuscu, yes Ohio has the D.P. they just put one down about two weeks ago. Its not a nice record~but we are 2nd in line after Texas. Sowell is on death row now. :seeya:

I know right? I am a bit taken aback by how LE has reacted lately. I am sure there's lots we don't know, but WTF.

----------
I dont think people like it but LE. in Ohio is pretty closed mouthed when it comes to murders. I think the media have to dig as news is not released often. I dont know if its good or bad.:seeya:

http://youtu.be/xIvKIH_Wn0M

According to the video (linked above), as of 8:00 p.m. Toledo time, the family of Baby Elaina hadn't been notified by LE of the DNA results.

Lighting a candle tonight for this precious child, with love, prayer for FerretMommy, CherubCollector, and anyone else who is within the circle of family and friends of Baby Elaina. I can't imagine the anguish and pain you are experiencing as you await word.

We are all standing beside you, and behind you, in grief. I know words aren't much, but please know this beautiful little girl has captured our hearts - forever!

more@link
http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=944381#.Ui6kilWzKpg

Based on the content of the just linked article, above...

It sounds to me as if the TPD will not be revealing results to selected family members nor discussing with them and the Prosecutor further steps until tomorrow. This makes sense insofar as the results came in after 'normal business hours', but imo it's unfortunate that such news was released at all.

It would not surprise me if the results were not released to the public until:

1. TPD has the written report (not just oral)
2. All parties have met to discuss

It may well not be until Tuesday afternoon at the earliest.

~jmo~

I just looked at AS's tweets from spring of 2012. It certainly appears that she was very happy to be a wife and mother. Speaks lovingly of TJ and the girls.....something happened that broke her heart shortly after that. Makes me sad. JMO, but I think she is in a major depression.

If you're looking for something that happened to disrupt the lives of AS, TJ, and their daughters, perhaps you should check out Post #83 in Thread 3. AS was not the only one with a broken heart. In fact, it sort of looks to me as though she has broken a few herself.

Maybe someone with a background in health sciences can speak to whether AS's behaviour was consistent with someone suffering from some type of depression back in June, and whether she could be clinically depressed now.

I would tend to think that AS is depressed since she's in jail, and her estranged bf has probably thrown her under the proverbial bus, and there might be a few people who will do their best to make sure she will never, ever see KS again. But that's JMO, and I'm not having warm and fuzzy feelings about AS tonight.

That Elaina died uncomforted, not understanding what she did wrong or why she was hurting, or why no one cared is more than sad. It's tragic. That AS, SK, JK, and the other so-called adults in that pit couldn't be bothered to take Elaina to a doctor or even to check on her breathing is something else. I think the word I'm looking for here is malicious. Or egregious. Or heinous. Something deserving of punishment and contempt.

I hope, Ferretmommy, that soon you and your family will find Justice for Elaina!

I haven't posted in this case, but have followed every post since the start.

This case just breaks my heart. I have a 27 month old granddaughter who is the light of my life. My daughter and her husband are wonderful parents, but if I knew of any hardship my granddaughter was going through, I would fight for her tooth and nail.

And, if I was JK and knew of a child being mistreated, I would have jumped hoops to spare this child of pain.

I just can't get over how people can ignore what is going on around them. No matter how much I love my children, I would not protect them if they were involved in such a horrible scenario as this!

Her sister may not understand much now, but down the road, she will, and I pity that poor child.

---------
Hi blefuscu, yes Ohio has the D.P. they just put one down about two weeks ago. Its not a nice record~but we are 2nd in line after Texas. Sowell is on death row now. :seeya:

When the victims are under the age of 7 or over the age of 65 the chances of the DP being pushed for(And I mean pushed for hard) is increased by A LOT here. There were articles about the statistics of those sentenced to it correlating to the age of the victim. I'll try to find some, but like I said it was a few years ago. Is it the same way there?

If you're looking for something that happened to disrupt the lives of AS, TJ, and their daughters, perhaps you should check out Post #83 in Thread 3. AS was not the only one with a broken heart. In fact, it sort of looks to me as though she has broken a few herself.

Maybe someone with a background in health sciences can speak to whether AS's behaviour was consistent with someone suffering from some type of depression back in June, and whether she could be clinically depressed now.

I would tend to think that AS is depressed since she's in jail, and her estranged bf has probably thrown her under the proverbial bus, and there might be a few people who will do their best to make sure she will never, ever see KS again. But that's JMO, and I'm not having warm and fuzzy feelings about AS tonight.

That Elaina died uncomforted, not understanding what she did wrong or why she was hurting, or why no one cared is more than sad. It's tragic. That AS, SK, JK, and the other so-called adults in that pit couldn't be bothered to take Elaina to a doctor or even to check on her breathing is something else. I think the word I'm looking for here is malicious. Or egregious. Or heinous. Something deserving of punishment and contempt.

I hope, Ferretmommy, that soon you and your family will find Justice for Elaina!
Very well said, Wendisan. Thank you!

Praying more than ever for Elaina's family today .....

My heart breaks all over again each day for Elaina and her loved ones.

I couldn't agree more with every word you said..

I am not posting much because what I want to say is usually already posted by others :) But, I am here in spirit and love.

I'm still so sad and mad that this precious baby was not loved and treasured by her mother. I'm babysitting my 10 month old honorary grandbaby and he gave me a fit last night. Just wouldn't go to bed. Cried for 3 hours. Babies don't just cry to aggravate you. It's the only way to express themselves. Last night, Mimi and Papa took turns walking the floor and when frustration was at an all time high, we put him in the crib and took 5. Why can't ppl just stop hurting and killing these precious babies!!!

The DNA Results have been released to the public and our worst fears have been confirmed.

I can't even type the words

Baby Elaina has officially received the wings we all knew in our hearts she had. Now, we must await the final autopsy report, and hope that #JusticeForElaina will come to fruition.

After all that has happened to her, she deserves it!

More@Link
http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/...und-is-elaina-stienfurth#.Ui8mR2-lUmQ.twitter

Here comes the tears all over again :(

I knew it was her just did not want to hear it......

I am so sorry Ferretmommy and family.

The DNA Results have been released to the public and our worst fears have been confirmed.

I can't even type the words

Baby Elaina has officially received the wings we all knew in our hearts she had. Now, we must await the final autopsy report, and hope that #JusticeForElaina will come to fruition.

After all that has happened to her, she deserves it!

More@Link
http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/...und-is-elaina-stienfurth#.Ui8mR2-lUmQ.twitter

Now for justice....I really hope that the autopsy and investigation will show what happened and who is responsible so that they will PAY!

So very sad. There is just something that makes what we know so.....final when we get confirmation. RIP Elaina. Now on to Justice:stormingmad:

HLN on CNN just verified the remains found were hers. It's official.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ptescottsherry