GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FM please don't read this post .

AS was in the home when whatever happened to baby Elaina happened. Whatever happened caused FIVE broken bones, some of them in the joints. I don't even know for sure what that means but I am sure it cannot be done without a lot of noise. I find it almost impossible that any adult in that home did not hear at least some portion of that baby's torture. As mothers, we wake up if our baby barely whines at night, so to assume AS heard nothing is naive at best. Certainly when TJ came for the baby AS knew the baby was NOT kidnapped and had NOT wandered off, thus the obstruction charge. That is a HOAX, and a criminal one at that, to say something happened that did not. Even if she was in another room and did not see what happened and SK did all of the torture himself and then BEAT AS in a domestically violent manner into submission (extreme speculation/devil's advocate) and would not ever let her see the baby again, AS knows the baby was not kidnapped and had not wandered off. She did NOT tell LE when they came to the house half an hour later. She allowed LE and TJ and countless others to search exhaustively for not days or weeks, but MONTHS. In fact if SK had not eventually told the truth, there is no telling if Elaina would ever have been found.

I appreciate victims' advocates and I know all too well the toll of domestic violence and women being afraid of their own shadow. When a child's life is on the line you don't get to play your victim card anymore. It's all punched up! It's moo and it's true !

ETA FWIW I still don't think SK is the primary perp here. I think it's AS all the way.

AS could have stayed with her children at her stepfather's, but she chose to go to SK's.
She did have options.

Unless you are Angela, you really aren't in a position to know what options she believed she had.

JMO

FM please don't read this post .

AS was in the home when whatever happened to baby Elaina happened. Whatever happened caused FIVE broken bones, some of them in the joints. I don't even know for sure what that means but I am sure it cannot be done without a lot of noise. I find it almost impossible that any adult in that home did not hear at least some portion of that baby's torture. As mothers, we wake up if our baby barely whines at night, so to assume AS heard nothing is naive at best. Certainly when TJ came for the baby AS knew the baby was NOT kidnapped and had NOT wandered off, thus the obstruction charge. That is a HOAX, and a criminal one at that, to say something happened that did not. Even if she was in another room and did not see what happened and SK did all of the torture himself and then BEAT AS in a domestically violent manner into submission (extreme speculation/devil's advocate) and would not ever let her see the baby again, AS knows the baby was not kidnapped and had not wandered off. She did NOT tell LE when they came to the house half an hour later. She allowed LE and TJ and countless others to search exhaustively for not days or weeks, but MONTHS. In fact if SK had not eventually told the truth, there is no telling if Elaina would ever have been found.

I appreciate victims' advocates and I know all too well the toll of domestic violence and women being afraid of their own shadow. When a child's life is on the line you don't get to play your victim card anymore. It's all punched up! It's moo and it's true !

ETA FWIW I still don't think SK is the primary perp here. I think it's AS all the way.

BBM. Link, please. So far, LE have not released any evidence that supports your speculation that the child was tortured or that her mother not only knew it but then hid her body.

With all due respect, it trivializes domestic violence when you suggest there is something called a "victim card." We still do not know what happened in that household. Other adults lived there.

JMO

AS made some very bad decisions that weekend...didn't TJ have the kids staying with him and AS got them for the weekend with the condition she didn't take them to SK's house? Didn't she say that she was staying with RS, but changed her mind because she could not smoke there? And, from what I understand AS was not a victim of abuse. If I am wrong about this...correct me :)

!!JUSTICE FOR ELAINA!!

BBM. You know this how? I think a dead child with multiple broken bones does indicate a household of domestic violence.

JMO

BBM. Link, please. So far, LE have not released any evidence that supports your speculation that the child was tortured or that her mother not only knew it but then hid her body.

With all due respect, it trivializes domestic violence when you suggest there is something called a "victim card." We still do not know what happened in that household. Other adults lived there.

JMO

But AS did not live there. She stayed there one night , right? And yes , sorry to say her being a victim of domestic violence, which has NEVER been established by anyone, is sufficient for her to no longer be responsible for the welfare of her child is playing the victim card to its max. Does the child get no rights and not duty of protection from their mother because shes' abused? I'd like to see a law that backs that up.
Per the link you're asking for, LE has sent notes to both attorneys of SK and AS stating what the ME found and that indictments are forthcoming and they haven't mentioned any other POI that I know of, so I'm guessing they think one of them is the perp. Why else would they or their attorneys care what the expert said about the condition of baby Elaina? If you think breaking 5 bones in the joint areas is not torture, then honestly I'd just as soon not continue any discussion with you . :)

BBM. You know this how? I think a dead child with multiple broken bones does indicate a household of domestic violence.

JMO

But not torture? You'll use Elainas mutliple broken bones to try to bail out AS as being abused but not the baby? Dude.............. smh

Unless you are Angela, you really aren't in a position to know what options she believed she had.

JMO

AS chose to take her babies to a house that had faeces all over. It was filthy. She had been told not to take the children there. I don't actually care WHAT options she felt she had. She had no business taking those girls into that environment. That in itself is neglect to me! She could have left those children with TJ, TS, her stepdad. She didn't have to take them into that death trap! But she chose to. And she is rightly sitting in jail because she chose to.

AS chose to take her babies to a house that had faeces all over. It was filthy. She had been told not to take the children there. I don't actually care WHAT options she felt she had. She had no business taking those girls into that environment. That in itself is neglect to me! She could have left those children with TJ, TS, her stepdad. She didn't have to take them into that death trap! But she chose to. And she is rightly sitting in jail because she chose to.

BBM. Who told her not to take the children there and why was she expected to obey that command? Her choices were her's to make but she isn't sitting in jail because she took her children to King's home. The child endangerment charges were dropped. I think she's still sitting in jail because she feels safer there.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1306/17/ng.01.html

GOLD: You know, I don`t know about that. But I will say this. I agree with you when you see her with that baby it doesn`t seem like she did it. Why wouldn`t she take the baby to a doctor? One of two reasons, she`s either a -- a Christian scientist or she`s covering up. And it really seems like she`s covering up for somebody else and what we heard is that she`s already talking to the FBI. Maybe she`s under witness protection by being in jail.

GRACE: Danny Cevallos?

DANNY CEVALLOS, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Nancy, unless they come up with more information in their investigation, this is a defensible case. All they have is her statements. That`s not going to rise to the level of beyond a reasonable doubt that she participated in some act that caused the death.

The rules are: no personal attacks. It is ok to disagree with another members opinion, it's not ok to attack them for what they post.

The Rules

We have a detailed, formal Terms of Service (TOS) posted separately, and that TOS is what you will be held to as a member here. It's long and detailed because it has to be in the world we live in, and you are expected to read it, understand it and abide by it. However, we can sum it up as follows:

1) Be a decent human being;
2) Treat your fellow posters as the decent human beings they are;
3) Keep in mind that whatever you post will likely live on forever, so think before you press "Submit Reply".
4) It's a big world. People will disagree with you. You will disagree with them. This can be done with respect, and that's what we expect.

If you feel a post is against TOS then please alert on it and we will look into it as soon as we can.

Thanks everyone

Ima

JMO
Unless you are Angela you really aren't in a position to know what options she believed she had either.

SBM
JMO
I am a survivor of domestic violence but I don't believe that everyone that cries they've been abused have been. Why? Because I've seen it. Until proven otherwise, at this point I do not believe that Angela was a victim of anyone but herself.

JMO
Oh I think there obviously was domestic violence in that household but it's my belief that it wasn't against Angela. As we have heard the evidence points that it was against precious Elaina

JMO

BBM. Who told her not to take the children there and why was she expected to obey that command? Her choices were her's to make but she isn't sitting in jail because she took her children to King's home. The child endangerment charges were dropped. I think she's still sitting in jail because she feels safer there.

GOLD: You know, I don`t know about that. But I will say this. I agree with you when you see her with that baby it doesn`t seem like she did it. Why wouldn`t she take the baby to a doctor? One of two reasons, she`s either a -- a Christian scientist or she`s covering up. And it really seems like she`s covering up for somebody else and what we heard is that she`s already talking to the FBI. Maybe she`s under witness protection by being in jail.

DANNY CEVALLOS, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Nancy, unless they come up with more information in their investigation, this is a defensible case. All they have is her statements. That`s not going to rise to the level of beyond a reasonable doubt that she participated in some act that caused the death.

BBM...
http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=911886#.UohJM-KPzb8

Family & Friends: Baby Elaina's disappearance could have been avoided

Some of those closest to the mother of a missing East Toledo toddler, 18-month-old Elaina Steinfurth, say the child's disappearance could have been avoided.

Elaina's father, Terry Steinfurth Junior, has said he only gave his two children to his estranged wife, Angela, because he needed to work and she'd promised to care for the them at her step-father's home.

Angela's step-father, Richard Schiewe, and Angela's half sister, Mary Schiewe, have confirmed that story adding that Angela made a last minute decision to stay at the Federal Street home where her ex-boyfriend, Steven King, was staying.

Angela's former neighbor, who still only wants to be identified as Frank, added that even he offered her a place to stay be she refused.

http://toledoblade.typepad.com/ridealong/2013/06/who-is-angela-steinfurth.html

In November, the two separated, but continued to live together until late February or early March for financial reasons.

Angela then moved in with her boyfriend, Steven King, II, who she and her estranged husband met long ago at Sunny's Campground.

Mary said they family has known Steven and his family for at least 10 years, but once they started dating, Mary cautioned her sister to keep the girl's out of the King's Federal Street home.

"We told her we didn't want those kids in that house," Mary said.

In the Toledo police report filed the day Elaina was reported missing, officers noted that the house was "unfit for living."

The first floor bathroom floor was covered in sewage, overflowing from a toilet. Dog feces were on the floor, and piles of clothing were scattered around the house.

Mary said Angela would often keep the girls from family for extended periods of time if there was a dispute. They were her bargaining chips, Mary

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/18/baby-elainas-dad-recalls-day-she-disappeared?hpt=hln10_1

Baby Elaina’s dad recalls the day she disappeared

Angela Steinfurth, Elaina’s mother, had stayed at her ex-boyfriend Steven King’s house the previous night. When Terry went to the Federal Street home of King’s family to get the girls, he says he found Angela sitting on the porch smoking a cigarette.

“I asked her to go get the baby,” he said. “She told me she had just laid her down for a nap and she wasn’t waking her up.”

According to Terry, Angela let their 4-year-old go with him but she refused to go inside and get Elaina. Then he claims King started “yelling and screaming like he wanted to fight, ripped his shirt off.”

At that point, Terry says he left and came back with his father, Terry Steinfurth Sr., who got out of the car and confronted King.

Steinfurth Sr. claims Angela told him she would not give Elaina up because she thought Terry would never bring her back. She finally agreed to go inside and get Elaina, and King went into the house with her, he says.

Steinfurth Sr. said Angela came back outside about a half hour later and claimed someone had taken Elaina.

According to a police report obtained by HLN Monday, King is believed to have left through the back door during this time without anyone knowing. Angela allegedly said he left to go look for Elaina.

More...

http://toledoblade.typepad.com/ridealong/2013/06/who-is-angela-steinfurth.html

In November, the two separated, but continued to live together until late February or early March for financial reasons.

Angela then moved in with her boyfriend, Steven King, II, who she and her estranged husband met long ago at Sunny's Campground.

Mary said they family has known Steven and his family for at least 10 years, but once they started dating, Mary cautioned her sister to keep the girl's out of the King's Federal Street home.

"We told her we didn't want those kids in that house," Mary said.

In the Toledo police report filed the day Elaina was reported missing, officers noted that the house was "unfit for living."

The first floor bathroom floor was covered in sewage, overflowing from a toilet. Dog feces were on the floor, and piles of clothing were scattered around the house.

Mary said Angela would often keep the girls from family for extended periods of time if there was a dispute. They were her bargaining chips, Mary

:loveyou: Ima !

Thanks but you are making an assumption I am outside the "experience."

I will continue to hold the opinion that a mother of a child killed by another human being is also victim. I don't blame victims.

JMO

One thing we know for sure Elaina, her sister, her father are victims in this tragedy along with everyone that loved that sweet little girl.

Since the mother and her boyfriend have been arrested (even though its not for her murder) they are not considered victims here.

Angela did have options, she was not homeless, her father and her friend 'Frank' told her she could bring the children and stay with them. She chose to go to her boyfriends. She had told TJ that she would stay at her dad's with the girls, again she chose to stay with her boyfriend with in my opinion no regard what so ever for either child. The place she took them to was beyond filthy and certainly not fit for children to be in. Why? Because she wanted to work things out with her boyfriend. (shaking my head)

Imamaze - thank you so much for bumping many of the articles and info here.

So heartbreaking - that poor baby girl. :(

Salem

Praying for anyone who will be in the path of the 'super cell' storm system that is predicted today...are safe! Our area is in the direct path :(

God Bless

Do you think it's acceptable for a mother to take a baby and young child into a home with dog faeces all over it? With raw human sewerage from the toilet running all over? With known drug users? That's ok is it? TJ didn't want HIS daughters going there, and as their dad he should have that right to say "no, that's not acceptable". If AS actually cared about her children she would never have taken them there. The house was declared "unfit for living in" by authorities after Elaina went missing!

JK claims she kicked AS out because she didn't like the way AS was treating the children. This from a woman who has dog poo on the floors and human waste flowing in the house!

AS is not a "victim". She chose to take her children there, her daughter had 5 fractures in her limbs. Do you think an 18 month old sits happily playing with bones that have been broken in the joints? Do you think that Elaina wouldn't be in agony? AS cannot claim not to know her daughter was in danger! What mother allows her toddler daughter to stay in a home with dog poo all over that she could pick up and put in her mouth? She is as culpable as anyone!

One thing we know for sure Elaina, her sister, her father are victims in this tragedy along with everyone that loved that sweet little girl.

Since the mother and her boyfriend have been arrested (even though its not for her murder) they are not considered victims here.

Angela did have options, she was not homeless, her father and her friend 'Frank' told her she could bring the children and stay with them. She chose to go to her boyfriends. She had told TJ that she would stay at her dad's with the girls, again she chose to stay with her boyfriend with in my opinion no regard what so ever for either child. The place she took them to was beyond filthy and certainly not fit for children to be in. Why? Because she wanted to work things out with her boyfriend. (shaking my head)

I think (MY OPINION ONLY) that she had a bigger draw to that house and it was drugs.

With all due respect, I'm not sure where you get the idea the mother was not homeless. The multiple media articles have made it clear that King is her ex-boyfriend and the house belongs to his mother. Angela is still married to her husband. I have no idea whether her step-father's house or Frank's is more suitable for children or not but staying with other people is not the same as having a home. Such dysfunction is a recipe for disaster. Lucas County does have a child protective services agency yet nobody seems to have notified them of the conditions of the home.

Until I see real proof that Angela is guilty of murder, I'll continue to hold the opinion she's innocent.

JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beyondthewallofsleep