GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
After reading the FB page I suspect that the family wanted this over with as quickly as possible so they could move on.

http://www.toledonewsnow.com/category/240222/video-landing-page?clipId=9594841&autostart=true

Raw footage of TJ's statement to the court.
So moving.

TJ was an exceptionally eloquent and moving spokesman on Elaina's behalf, and made very clear to the court the impact her murder has had upon his entire family, particularly little K. He kept his promise to his baby girl--he brought her home, fought for justice and never let up, no matter what obstacles were in his path. TJ said Elaina was a fighter. She must have been very much like her dad because TJ showed his strength and love in every word of his statement.

Ferretmommy, I think your compassion, generosity, and determination were essential in providing the space TJ needed to accomplish his goals. You, TS Sr, Cherubcollector, and your incredible family have surmounted so many difficulties with grace and perseverance. I cannot begin to imagine the pain, the anger and frustration you dealt with while listening to the pleas at the sentencing, but I hope that you found some small sense of satisfaction that AS and SK have been held accountable.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Justice for Elaina

FFS ! She didn't do it? She would take a life sentence to ' cover' for SK? After he's admitted what he did and he's going down for life, why then would AS lie and get herself a life sentence? Once again RS, shut your mouth! You're disgusting and your continued support of Elaina's killer/egg donor is disrespecting Elaina that you claim you love so much. If you cannot speak the truth, say nothing at all. Disgusted !

I stated a few days ago, that he makes me sick and I didn't want to hear him anymore. Nobody wants to think their loved one could do such a deed. The fact that AS has said nothing is good enough for me. She cries for herself and for no other reason. There comes a time to just shut up and stop the madness. I think he enjoys the attention.

Words cannot describe how satisfying it was to stop by looking for news and to see a sudden tangible result. I was losing heart each week - checking in and seeing nothing. I actually looked earlier in the week and was saddened and frustrated by the lack of news.

FM, CC. Nothing can erase the pain of what you have lost. My only hope for you is that the admission and the sentences gives you the ability to erase these creatures from your hearts and minds - that the sentences mean you never need to utter their name, not spare them a passing thought. That the memory of Elaina can blossom in love, untainted by the despicable beings who stole her from this world.

I hope in time that comes for you.

I hadn't been posting because I had nothing new to say or add. But I have been here, checking in, and you've all been in my thoughts.

"Guilty" doesn't mean it's over. It's never going to be over. But hopefully the details in the admission is the last blow - the final addition to the pain.

I thought I would feel - I don't know - somewhat triumphant when they were found guilty. Instead I just feel extreme sadness. And anger at the waste of months - anger at the prolongation of pain and suffering.

You've all been through far more than your share.

Sending you my love from South Australia.

FM. I see you're online right now.

ENORMOUS VIRTUAL HUG

Coming your way. I am so so sorry.

FFS ! She didn't do it? She would take a life sentence to ' cover' for SK? After he's admitted what he did and he's going down for life, why then would AS lie and get herself a life sentence? Once again RS, shut your mouth! You're disgusting and your continued support of Elaina's killer/egg donor is disrespecting Elaina that you claim you love so much. If you cannot speak the truth, say nothing at all. Disgusted !

He may truly believe she didn't do it. I don't believe SK's entire "story" of what happened.

JMO

True.
I think that maybe RS needs to maintain his state of denial as a form of self-defense. It may be too painful for him to deal with the fact that his own child committed the acts of atrocity that resulted in Elaina's death. Given what seems to be his own rather precarious state of physical health, he may just not have the energy or the tools needed to rebuild after admitting something so soul-shattering. There is so much for him to grieve. He has so much anger, and just cannot focus it on AS as well as SK.
This does not, IMO, excuse his abhorrent behaviour towards TJ, TS Sr, FM, CC and the Steinfurth family, friends and supporters.
From comments FM has made upthread, however, TJ is not allowing RS to poison the relationship between little KS and her aunt, MS. An amazingly generous gesture by TJ, IMO.

Justice for Elaina

I have been a lurker, poster and a close watcher of this case...

Although I'm devastated a poor little girl has lost her life so brutally, it gives me joy that the killers are being punished for their crime.

Toddlers are a handful (I've got 2 under 2) but they are so innocent and inquisitive, it breaks my heart baby elaina will not get the chance to grow up and enjoy the joy of being a toddler.

To FM, CC and family your strength and courage through this awful time is amazing, take comfort in knowing elaina will always be flying high with the angels, watching over you and her big sister x c

I just figured out what FFS stands for. I've been trying to guess which android device you were using when all along it was just your basic Anglo-Saxon. Definitely going to add it to my list of all purpose acronyms. :drumroll:

Just a thought: RS's response sort of explains why AS chose the Alford plea. She's feeding RS's fantasy, spinning whatever story she's come up with lately so that she will have one person who will be sympathetic to her.

Justice for Elaina

I remember the day she went missing reading that first post. The journey from then to now has been one of the most heartbreaking imaginable. I hope with every ounce of my heart that this angels family can now finally have some peace.

Thinking of you Ferretmommy, your loved ones and Baby Elaina. Hoping that you feel comfort and love in your hearts and souls and find peace today and every day. You are forever in our hearts, on our minds and in our prayers.

Blessings and peace today ! I don't really know how to stop this thread and I dont' really know if it would be easier for FM and CC if we did just stop so you didn't have to read it. Or maybe coming here is a comfort or a distraction for you .
Always on my mind all of you :)

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=981222

New mug shots for pair convicted in Baby Elaina case

Nearly a week after the case against the mother of an East Toledo toddler and the mother's ex-boyfriend ended, the pair have had new photos taken of themselves as they settle into separate state prisons.

new%20mugs.jpg

I don't even like looking at their mugs. I hope they have a hard life where they're going.

Blessings and peace today ! I don't really know how to stop this thread and I dont' really know if it would be easier for FM and CC if we did just stop so you didn't have to read it. Or maybe coming here is a comfort or a distraction for you .
Always on my mind all of you :)

I suspect many other people have been frequently visiting this thread since Day 1, as I sure have. Even though the pleas have been accepted and the sentences have been imposed, it doesn't seem to be complete. IMO, aspects of Elaina's case are still coming to light. Issues which are specific to it, and some issues that have broader implications, have merit and, again IMO, deserve discussion. So, it seems to me that this thread still has great value.

It's been a privilege to hear from FM and CC. IMO, the people who visit this thread are expressing support for FM, for CC, and for, TJ, TS Sr, and KS. As well, I think that as discussions have expanded on particular points or people have posted information about the context from which they make their comments, we have unhesitatingly expressed our support for each other. When this thread closes, I'm really going to miss it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back